Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laron Landry "personally"

redskins30ravens

with all the laron "drama" about OTAs( I dont find any problem with him missing them) and how everyone thinks he doesnt like it here.....has any meet him or know him personally? Have any of you seen him interact with the fans? how does he act around his team members and fans? Me having my little crush on him, i want to know why people think he doesnt enjoy it here and calling him selfish and lazy and what not.

yes im a girl and both ravens and redskins fan please dont judge..but lets get back to the topic

I have not met him personally, but he rarely blows assignments and he is a great athelete in pass coverage. In run support he needs to work on his hitting and finishing (I for one vividly remember him getting trucked by Brandon Jacobs in the Giants game last year).

All that OTA's really accomplish is allowing the coaches extra time to assess talent and install a game plan. Because the Skins have mostly the same scheme again this year, and Landry has already proven to be a reliable starter his presence isnt really needed.

Most people on this board have a problem with Landry missing OTA's because it is an image that reflects poor leadership, but what everyone forgets is that the entire team doesnt have to be leaders.

i hear about him missing autograph signings but is there any reason why? all i can say is maybe he does care about the redskins and fans but maybe he has personal/family type issues that come into contact with his career..so i dont blame him at all. he came/comes to mini camp, trainging camp and on game day and thats what matters.

Ravens and Redskins fan? :wtf: Yea, I'll judge. Lame

To the OP's question though, my brother met him in DC right after he was drafted (at the conclusion of rookie camp in May of 2007)

Said he was a quiet but friendly guy and spoke to him for a few minutes. My brother came off with a good impression of Laron

That's a bit different. The Redskins and Ravens aren't even in the same conference.

Curious as to why you Ravens fans like to hangout here. The ravens boards are a website and a click away.

From all I hear on Landry, and all the "required" and other events he skips out on, I would say he is pretty immature at this point in his life. Don't know him personally.

If I'm not mistaken, LaRon was also out for much of the preseason last year due to a hamstring injury. Which I always found odd since he was still able to race Portis. Seems to me LaRon is just a guy who doesnt like to practice. He's the Redskins version of A.I.

I'm a diehard Skins, however I generally pick an AFC team to root for throughout the season. Usually it's the Browns (half my family are Browns fans) or the Bengals (best friends team)... This year I think I'm rooting for the Dolphins because of them drafting Pat White. What's the big deal?

Curious as to why you Ravens fans like to hangout here. The ravens boards are a website and a click away.

well my screen name does say redskins30ravens meaning im not just a ravens fan..i hang over there and i hang over here cuz i like both teams...please get over it

Must make it easier to jump on and off bandwagons when you root for two teams.

Must make it easier to jump on and off bandwagons when you root for two teams.

no, i dont think im like you...i will root for both teams if they were 0-16...how bout you not judge me and make comments about me just for having two good teams in my screen name...you dont know me..so chill

So True, so very true!!!!

I never understood the 2 team philosophy. I give so much emotion, money, time and dedication to the Redskins I couldnt imagine splitting that with another team and still calling myself a fan of either team.

Oh well, to each his own. I would guess it makes most Mondays much easier to deal with.... just wear the colors of the team that won and you are set for a good day. :silly::D

What's this whole I hate the Ravens thing, I love the Redskins and Ravens (more so Redskins), there not even in the same conference and training buddys.

Territorial thing.

If you live and work in MD, near the purple ratbird fans you know the hatred.

More importantly if you understood the history between Baltimore and the Redskins, and the loss of the Colts, you would understand the hatred.

Archived