Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone heard about this Bryce Harper kid?

Bubble Screen

I guess moving him to right field will extend his career, but isn't catcher a more important position?

Do the Nats plan to scrap him as a catcher altogether?

Yes

This is the Rizzo quote

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2010/06/nationals_pick_bryce_harper.html

On Harper playing outfield: We made the early decision that we're going to take the rigors of playing the difficult position of catcher away from him and really let him concentrate on the offensive part of his game and let his athleticism take over as an outfielder. He's got above-average speed and a plus-plus throwing arm. We believe that he could pull off being a major league catcher. We believe his bat is far ahead of his defense as a catcher. We just think that it will accelerate his development in the minor leagues and extend his career as a major leaguer."

I've been an O's fan my entire life. But I've been following Bryce Harper for a long time.. and I'm gonna have to be honest.. I'm going to start following the Nationals a bit more now that this kid is in their organization.

And it doesn't hurt the head coach lived 3 doors down from me and hung out with us kids when we were little..

Riggelman? That's cool. I knew he was from the DC area.

Alright, to show just how big this nats thing is.

I hate baseball. I don't like it, never have. I always thought it was too slow and boring.

However, all this buzz round town hasn't escaped my ears and for some inexplicable reason I have been gradually getting excited for strasburg's season opener which I plan to watch on tv. The FIRST baseball game i have EVER watched on tv during the regular season.

Maybe Im just starved for a winner, idk.

Alright, to show just how big this nats thing is.

I hate baseball. I don't like it, never have. I always thought it was too slow and boring.

However, all this buzz round town hasn't escaped my ears and for some inexplicable reason I have been gradually getting excited for strasburg's season opener which I plan to watch on tv. The FIRST baseball game i have EVER watched on tv during the regular season.

Maybe Im just starved for a winner, idk.

I'm right there with you. I haven't been into baseball since the early part of the decade. I'll have to check it out tonight and this Harper kid is exciting as ****!

I've been an O's fan my entire life. But I've been following Bryce Harper for a long time.. and I'm gonna have to be honest.. I'm going to start following the Nationals a bit more now that this kid is in their organization.

And it doesn't hurt the head coach lived 3 doors down from me and hung out with us kids when we were little..

Can't do it. Won't do it. Won't even be watching tonight, I'll be at a concert.

The Nats and O's will get put in the same division eventually, just make sure you've got your allegiances straightened out by then.

Well I guess it's about time to give up on my O's and jump on the Nats bandwagon...

J/k

:D

I love my O's :( and always will :(

:)

I'm glad to see the Nats starting to get some buzz going. Congrats out to the true fans that have hung on over the past years.

You sir, are a true fan. And remember, us O's fans have endured twice the suffering in recent history than any Nats fan.

One day we will be good again. And it will be twice as sweet.

Archived