Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kings Dominion: New Roller Coaster Construction

greenspandan

El Torro is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden. And Nitro is better than Superman by far!!! Six Flags in MD blows. Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens are the way to go now. Or the Six Flags in NJ and Paramounts Carowinds here in Charlotte is awesome too!

I had a great time yesterday. Because straight up, Six Flags in MD isn't very good, I agree. But that might have something to do with it being consistently less-packed as the really good parks, and that makes for some short lines.

The coasters aren't epic but they aren't bad. The Wild One is a fun wooden coaster and the Batwing is cool. Jokers Jinx is fun at the beginning and end of the ride, but you have to ride in the front to make it worth your while.

The Superman was a lot of fun for me. I'm really going to make an effort in the next few years to ride some of the best coasters on the east coast. Might actually go up to New York to check out that wooden beast you guys are talking about. An early October day sounds great.

Carowinds sucks compared to Kings Dominion.

Looks like a fun coaster.

I used to go to Kings Dominion when I lived in MD. You know what the problem is with Carowinds? Too many rollercoasters and too many small rides. There are hardly any in between rides. I like rollercoasters, but I don't want to ride them all day. Not to mention Carowinds is really small in comparison the KD. My wife and I usually go once a year to Carowinds and that's about enough for me.

My question is, why is the Kingda Ka such a short ride? You have so much speed at the end of the ride and they just stop you. Is it because a lot more people would get sick? Because there's not enough room to build? Don't get me wrong, it's obviously an epic 15 seconds worth of adrenaline, but giving that thing some long high-G turns and more hills would be right up my alley.

• 6 months later...

hey everyone! Intimidator 305 is in a poll for best new ride of 2010, and it's currently losing by only 1% and it's the last day of voting! show i305 some love. :)

http://themeparks.about.com/b/2011/02/11/readers-choice-awards-roller-coaster.htm

2tqko8dnrkp06sbc8qh000.jpg

haha i love how it simply dwarfs Anaconda. :)

---------- Post added March-8th-2011 at 10:19 PM ----------

My question is, why is the Kingda Ka such a short ride? You have so much speed at the end of the ride and they just stop you. Is it because a lot more people would get sick? Because there's not enough room to build? Don't get me wrong, it's obviously an epic 15 seconds worth of adrenaline, but giving that thing some long high-G turns and more hills would be right up my alley.

money. if you spend $35 million on the launch and tower, there's none left over for additional track. the train is traveling in excess of 100mph at that point. building elements huge and sturdy enough to handle that much speed is just too costly.

hey everyone! Intimidator 305 is in a poll for best new ride of 2010, and it's currently losing by only 1% and it's the last day of voting! show i305 some love. :)

Looks like it's winning now by about 450 votes.

haha i love how it simply dwarfs Anaconda. :)

Anaconda... there's a giant opportunity wasted. That ride could have been soooooo good. I'll never understand what Arrow was thinking sometimes, except maybe "don't spend a dime where you don't absolutely have to."

Man, my wife and I went to KD last summer and there was no one there. We rode I305 twice, every other coaster without waiting...so many of them that we gave ourselves headaches from being thrown around so much with no break. I305 is friggin incredible.

Archived