Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need ideas for dinner tonight

LaxBuddy21

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of marinade

1 box of rice

1 bag of frozen broccoli

marinade chicken for 30 minutes, throw in pan or on george foreman (if pan, spray some non stick stuff or use olive oil) the marinade is going to burn and leave a coat that looks like you ruined your pan, but it washes off easy after soaking.

cook the rice and broccoli in the microwave

or you can cut up the chicken breast, throw it in some pasta, add the broccoli, and add alfredo sauce, bam chicken alfredo

or you can cut up the chicken breast and marinade it with a southwest style marinade or use those 99c packets of taco seasoning to make your own marinade, buy some tortillas and anything you want to add to a chicken fajita.

bam chicken fajitas.

basically the easiest thing to cook in the world is a boneless skinless chicken breast, and it always impresses.

Here's my go-to website for a quick recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/30-minute-meals/recipes/index.html

and no you aint getting my man card :silly:

Dont worry I have Rachel Rays 30 minute cookbook. The problem I have with it is that the recipes take tons of ingredients normal people do not keep on hand and they usually go bad quickly and are a waste to get for 2 people.

tilapia. throw some lemon juice, butter, and old bay on it. put it in the oven for like 15 minutes or so and then you're good to go.

Better yet ceder plank salmon. get two cuts of Salmon and a ceder plank from your grocery store. They have ceder grilling planks, ask. put the salmon skin side down on the ceder plank, and rub a mix of brown sugar and cracked black pepper over top. I like to be generous with the rub because it melts. 15 minutes on the grill (covered) and its done> While the grill is going, steam some green beans and make the sun dried tomato mushroom cous cous you got in the pantry, and POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 bottle of marinade

1 box of rice

1 bag of frozen broccoli

marinade chicken for 30 minutes, throw in pan or on george foreman (if pan, spray some non stick stuff or use olive oil) the marinade is going to burn and leave a coat that looks like you ruined your pan, but it washes off easy after soaking.

cook the rice and broccoli in the microwave

or you can cut up the chicken breast, throw it in some pasta, add the broccoli, and add alfredo sauce, bam chicken alfredo

or you can cut up the chicken breast and marinade it with a southwest style marinade or use those 99c packets of taco seasoning to make your own marinade, buy some tortillas and anything you want to add to a chicken fajita.

bam chicken fajitas.

basically the easiest thing to cook in the world is a boneless skinless chicken breast, and it always impresses.

Sounds like my typical solution! I suck at cooking chicken breast for some reason on the foreman grill. I am buying a real grill in the next couple weeks thankfully. The pasta would make it not so healthy and so would the alfredo. Chicken fajitas is a definite possibility. Thanks for the suggestions!

Better yet ceder plank salmon. get two cuts of Salmon and a ceder plank from your grocery store. They have ceder grilling planks, ask. put the salmon skin side down on the ceder plank, and rub a mix of brown sugar and cracked black pepper over top. I like to be generous with the rub because it melts. 15 minutes on the grill (covered) and its done> While the grill is going, steam some green beans and make the sun dried tomato mushroom cous cous you got in the pantry, and POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!

2 problems. No grill yet and Im not really a Salmon fan....I will eat it but its nothing special to me.

Ok, nice and easy meatloaf.

2 eggs, bread crumbs or 3 slices of toast and crush it up. salt, pepper, worcester sauce, ketchup and onion. ( really you can add any spices you like, you just need binding ingredients like the egg and bread crumbs)

mix together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes covered. leave uncovered for ten minutes and you have easy meatloaf.

2 problems. No grill yet and Im not really a Salmon fan....I will eat it but its nothing special to me.

Hmmm.... Ok how about this.

Boil some pasta,

Dice some tomato's and artichokes and maybe a tiny bit of spinich. ( I keep spinich whole until I wilt it, then I cut it into strings)

In a pan sautee chicken breast (marinaded if you like but i typically dont for this quickie), lemon, a tiny bit of butter and some garlic.

Wilt the spinich when you are cooking the chicken so it doesnt have the garnden taste to it. Some people boil it but it has the consistency of snot at that point.

Mix the tomato's, spinich and artichoke with the pasta and a healthy dose or crumbled feta.

Add hot chicken breast on top to aide in melting of feta. Cheese, artichoke, tomato make a sauce (kinda) that coats the past and chicken.

Thats a quick greek pasta. 15 mins, prolly have most everything in the kitchen.

Ok, nice and easy meatloaf.

2 eggs, bread crumbs or 3 slices of toast and crush it up. salt, pepper, worcester sauce, ketchup and onion. ( really you can add any spices you like, you just need binding ingredients like the egg and bread crumbs)

mix together and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes covered. leave uncovered for ten minutes and you have easy meatloaf.

I love meatloaf but I dont think its that healthy. Im trying to lose weight but I will definitely keep this one in mind for the future.

Hmmm.... Ok how about this.

Boil some pasta,

Dice some tomato's and artichokes and maybe a tiny bit of spinich.

In a pan sautee chicken breast (marinaded if you like but i typically dont for this quickie), lemon, a tiny bit of butter and some garlic.

Wilt the spinich when you are cooking the chicken so it doesnt have the garnden taste to it. Some people boil it but it has the consistency of snot at that point.

Mix the tomato's, spinich and artichoke with the pasta and a healthy dose or crumbled feta.

Thats a quick greek pasta. 15 mins, prolly have most everything in the kitchen.

Ha actually I dont have any of it in the kitchen except the butter and the pan! Need to go shopping. That sounds really good though just trying to stay away from pasta because of the carbs at least for right now. We both could eat pasta every night but it doesnt do well for weight loss. I will keep this one in mind for later too.

Ha actually I dont have any of it in the kitchen except the butter and the pan! Need to go shopping. That sounds really good though just trying to stay away from pasta because of the carbs at least for right now. We both could eat pasta every night but it doesnt do well for weight loss. I will keep this one in mind for later too.

Wheat pasta... its better for your but i see where you are going.

I love meatloaf but I dont think its that healthy. Im trying to lose weight but I will definitely keep this one in mind for the future.

it's not to bad for you. My wife and I try to eat healthy and have meatloaf once in a while. You just have to drain it, or you can subsitute turkey instead of beef.

I began to really enjoy cooking by just experimenting with flavors I liked and trying combinations of flavors.

Check out the BBQ thread as it's really my forte. I really had no choice as when I was in college the house my room mates and I rented only had a microwave, a hot plate, a grill and a smoker.

Another quick and easy entree that is low in fat is broiled chicken. I would encourage you to marinate the chicken with some italian dressing in a ziploc bag for 10-15 minutes and let it sit on the counter to get the chill off. ( not sure why but it seems the marinade can penetrate better at room temp than in the fridge)

broil the chicken and when it's done, top it with a little parmesian cheese.

and here's a healthy cole slaw recipe

use a medium head of green cabbage, a quarter head of red cabbage if you want, one carrot, on stalk of celery and on half green bell pepper. You want this chopped or grated very fine, combine then set aside.

In a sauce pan combine 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of white vinegar, 1 tablespoon mustard seed and 1 tablespoon of celery seed. over low heat cook till the sugar is dissolved. set aside and allow to cool.

pour the sauce over the cole slaw mixture you created earlier, cover and set in the fridge over night.

Archived