Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Flacco,Cutler or Campbell?

IndianRaven87

Why even make a thread like this? Now your going to attract all the haters against JC and enable then to throw another sucker-punch. He is OUR QB rather you like it or not. Wishful thinking doesnt trump Reality!!!!

Hail

Cutler, Cutler, Culter... With absolutely no running game last season Cutler was still able to have a pro-bowl caliber season.. Wait until this guy gets on an actual NFL team that can run and play defense

I think this is a mis-perception. Denver had the # 12 rated rushing offense last year and averaged 4.8ypc, better than our 4.4 ypc. Denver has better receivers and did not have a change in offensive scheme.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&sort=ypg&pos=off&league=nfl&year=2008&season=2

Cutler certainly has the best arm, but is also a hard drinking, interception slinging crybaby. I really think he might tank hard in Chicago. I think Minnesota would have been a better fit, better defense, better O-line, better RB's, better receivers.

Too early to tell about Flacco.

I also think it's too early to tell about Campbell. The fact that Denver wanted Orton over Campbell concerns me, since I assume that professional scouts know more than I do. That said, I think that Campbell has a chance this year if the line is at least mediocre. I would be REALLY interested in revisiting this thread in 2010.

1. Flacco. Campbell is a fourth or fifth year vet who hasn't done much yet and Cutler is a T.O. style whiner.

2. Unless things drastically change, my answer is: not Campbell. Now that the Bears have a pro-bowl qb they may be able to climb up the nfl ranks, make some noise in the playoffs and win a Superbowl some day. Of course, by that time the Ravens will probably already have one,so again I will choose Flacco.

3. Tough one. Flacco may have a sophomore slump, and with such great expectations due to last year's success, anything less than a visit to the Conference will make this season seem inferior to the last. Jay Cutler needs only to win 10 games and it will be an improvement for his team. Campbell just needs to have a winning season and he will probably be viewed as having a successful year.

However Cutler and Campbell are in tougher divisions and Cutler will have to adjust to a new team while Flacco will only benefit from another offseason to develop with his receivers.

With the easiest schedule of the three, I'm guessing Flacco will get to playoffs.

I'd definitely take Cutler at this point, but it wouldn't be too farfetched to think that Flacco would be significantly better with multiple Pro Bowl wide receivers, an open playbook, and four years of experience. Joe is more physically gifted in every way, but Cutler has everything else on him.

I don't think that Flacco's arm is better, or that he is more mobile.

And I would disagree on both counts; Flacco doesn't appear to be mobile, but he can definitely move when outside of the pocket. Granted if you want to include pocket presence and evading tacklers as "mobile," then Cutler is probably better.

When judging velocity, as in speed and direction, Cutler is better, but in terms of pure arm strength and raw potential, I'd take Flacco.

As I have said, Cutler is superior in most every regard, but only because he has had the experience to refine his tools.

Flacco seems like a Rothlisberger type QB.....very talented and can accomplish anything when he wills it to happen.

Campbell and Cutler dont have that type of will...if they did they would have made it further into the playoffs by now and never would have needed the time to develop. They are second tier QBs. Flacco is a first tier. Flacco was the reason Baltimore made the playoffs. Campbell either wins this year or gets downgraded to overpaid backup and cut. He has had 4 seasons to make an impression and is so bad that we went after Cutler and an unproven rookie that might be pretty good but doesnt compare to Ryan or Flacco..

I think this is a mis-perception. Denver had the # 12 rated rushing offense last year and averaged 4.8ypc, better than our 4.4 ypc. Denver has better receivers and did not have a change in offensive scheme.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=teamrush&sort=ypg&pos=off&league=nfl&year=2008&season=2

Cutler certainly has the best arm, but is also a hard drinking, interception slinging crybaby. I really think he might tank hard in Chicago. I think Minnesota would have been a better fit, better defense, better O-line, better RB's, better receivers.

Too early to tell about Flacco.

I also think it's too early to tell about Campbell. The fact that Denver wanted Orton over Campbell concerns me, since I assume that professional scouts know more than I do. That said, I think that Campbell has a chance this year if the line is at least mediocre. I would be REALLY interested in revisiting this thread in 2010.

-There 12th ranked rushing attack, is the worst ranking the Broncos probably received throughout the majority of the Shannahan era.... and they consistently have a high avg with their zone blocking scheme perfected.

-They were banged up at the RB position all season, teams knew that and they focused in on Cutler, which allowed mediocre RB's to achieve descent statistics. They also shifted there scheme from a run based offense, to slinging the ball around, the plays may not have changed but the game plan certainly did as injuries at the RB position continued to pile up.

-Neither Brandon Marshall or Eddie Royal have done anything without Cutler, so before you go heralding them as such a great receiving core lets wait and see how they do when they don't have a pro-bowl QB throwing them the ball.

I am not going to say that Flacco's success could not have happened on a different team, but guys like Flacco, Eli Manning, and Roethlisberger just have to do so, SO much less than Campbell to win games given their respective situations and surroundings. People always say things like Campbell can be good if everything around him is great, as if that is some kind of knock on Campbell. And then these same folks talk about how great guys like E.Manning, Flacco, and Roethlisberger are. Wake up, folks!

Flacco is a first tier. Flacco was the reason Baltimore made the playoffs.quote]

You have got to be joking. Flacco played well and did what was asked of him - managed the games, did not force things and allow turnovers and made some big plays mainly off play action.

It was clearly the Ravens defense that was the main reason they got to the playoffs. They not only kept the opposition out of the end zone but produced an awful lot of turnovers and short fields and scored themselves.

Put Campbell on the Ravens team and I would argue strongly the results would have been at least as good as with Flacco.

Right now Cutler IMO is the only QB of the 3 who you could ask to carry a team on his back.

Archived