Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meeting Redskins in Public...

HRNY4ZRNY

I met Danny Copeland at the movies back when Jurassic Park came out. He was really nice and said "It's always nice to meet Redskins fans". I pointed to my friend who was with me and said, "Well he like Dallas". And Danny goes, "Boooooooo!"

Pretty funny

Yea I posted a thread on it awhile back..I had pictures of the signed jersey in there..I couldnt get my picture taken with him because its to dark in there and for obvious reasons pictures can't be taken in the club lol

Was meanin I was there when you got the autograph. A lot of people ask for autos when were out but I remember that one.

are you big and tall as well?

No I m neither but he was asking where he could find big and tall clothes. I felt like I was standing next to a vending machine. When I saw Dockery it was like watching a movie in the first row you know when your neck hurts.

I know he is not a redskin anymore, but I have to say I ran into Marcus Washington in scottsdale, az at a bar last weekend, and he was cool as hell. He was real appreciative that I came over and said hi, and he said that redskins fans are the best in the league and he will miss them...great dude.

I know he is not a redskin anymore, but I have to say I ran into Marcus Washington in scottsdale, az at a bar last weekend, and he was cool as hell. He was real appreciative that I came over and said hi, and he said that redskins fans are the best in the league and he will miss them...great dude.

When i was working FYE in Fair Oaks mall last year, some freakishly huge guy with a bucket hat walks in and i immediately thought athlete, yhough i couldn't tell who. When he brings a couple of blue-rays up to the counter to pay for, i say to myself "that looks like Marcus Washington." I wasn't really sure though so while im ringing him up, i ask subtley "how's your hamstring feeling?" At the time, Marcus wasn't playing becasue of his hamstring. He looks up a little taken back, grins and says "ah, so your a redskins fan." I'm like "so you are Marcus Washington, then?" he just nodded. i then attempted to give him the blu-rays saying redskins don't pay here, but he said no and gave me a 50 dallar tip. pretty damn sweet...

When i was working FYE in Fair Oaks mall last year, some freakishly huge guy with a bucket hat walks in and i immediately thought athlete, yhough i couldn't tell who. When he brings a couple of blue-rays up to the counter to pay for, i say to myself "that looks like Marcus Washington." I wasn't really sure though so while im ringing him up, i ask subtley "how's your hamstring feeling?" At the time, Marcus wasn't playing becasue of his hamstring. He looks up a little taken back, grins and says "ah, so your a redskins fan." I'm like "so you are Marcus Washington, then?" he just nodded. i then attempted to give him the blu-rays saying redskins don't pay here, but he said no and gave me a 50 dallar tip. pretty damn sweet...

Thats cool stuff right there.

You were with him?

Def. Think so, as I remember it you walked passed vip to the bar. Noticed the taylor jersey you were wearin when u walked back u kinda chilled for a minute then asked one of the people with us if it was laron. Dude say it was then you asked about comin in for a sec. Laron was cool with u comin gave props pretty much and he signed the jersey with his name , dirty 30, and I think area 51 4 life or rip 21/ rip sean t. Somethin like that its dark in those clubs. This was during his rooie year a little after taylor passed.

Nice story!

Def. Think so, as I remember it you walked passed vip to the bar. Noticed the taylor jersey you were wearin when u walked back u kinda chilled for a minute then asked one of the people with us if it was laron. Dude say it was then you asked about comin in for a sec. Laron was cool with u comin gave props pretty much and he signed the jersey with his name , dirty 30, and I think area 51 4 life or rip 21/ rip sean t. Somethin like that its dark in those clubs. This was during his rooie year a little after taylor passed.

Yea..you were there lol....I didn't stay up there with you all for long after he signed it..I know he wasn't there sign auto's..but i appreciate him doin it.

Saw Fred Smoot and Carlos Rogers at the Wizards/Cavs game this year. Smoot had his son with him (about 4 or 5 years old) and I didn't want to be rude so when I walked by him I quietly said "wassup freddy". He said wassup back and walked away.

Saw Clinton Portis in the VIP section of a club in DC. Me and my friends were in his section and he asked nicely if we could slide down some. He really could have been an a**hole, because we were in his VIP section but he was really cool about it.

We have a redskins group that gets together in Orange County, Ca and watches the games at a local bar. One of our members knows Gary Clark. He watched a game with us one day. He even let me wear his Super Bowl ring in one pic.

Very cool and humble guy.

Gary was in one of my upper level History classes at JMU back in 83 as he was also a Social Studies major. Guess teaching and coaching high school was his back up plan. We were the only two non-History majors in the class and both hung out in the back row! Those History majors could go on and on about nothing!! We would make eye contact and roll our eyes. ;)

I have met a few out in public thanks to my acquaintances on this board. While in Canton for the NFL Hall of Fame, a bunch of us ESers stayed on a hill with 4 hotels. While TLC, H_H, WARLORD, Slacky, Krabber, SSM, BigMike and I were tossin a football about to leave to head to the fairgrounds, Gary Clark walked by so we said hello to him and he waved at us, and continued walking to one of the other hotels.

Of course, when I tell people that story they look at me like i'm retarded and ask why the hell we didn't throw him a pass.

Another time driving back from Beach Blitz I had to use the restroom so I pulled off of 264 into a Taco Bell. There was a guy and his girlfriend walking in front of us, and I didn't pay too much attention to them at first, but had to do a double take. I looked over at my girlfriend at the time, and told her that it was Mike Sellers.

She laughed and said it sure was, so I park my car and get out to realize he is parked a few spaces down. I said "what's up, Mike?" and he said "not much, how are you?" I told him I was good and asked him if he had a good time at Beach Blitz, he said he did so I told him that was good and to drive safe going back home. He said thanks, and I left because I really had to use the restroom, lol.

On the way back from Canton, I was riding with TLC, Krabber, and Slacky. We are on the PA Turnpike outside of Pittsburgh and stop to get gas. I get out of the car to stretch my legs and a man comes up and stands beside me. Due to the close proximity, I go ahead and say hello and he says hi back, and I go ahead and get back into the car. I look at Slacky and Krabber and told them the guy parked beside us looked really familiar. After tossing the name Dexter Manly out there, we realized it was Ken Harvey, so we all waved to him and his family as we drove off.

I was just at the Dulles Town Center where London Fletcher was signing at PS Gamegear. Got my autograph and talked with him for a little. He said Haynesworth is really looking good and he has hope for Orakpo. But as I'm leaving I walk down the mall and I see this guy who looked awfully familiar and then as I walk past him I realized it was Antuan Randle El. So I went back and told London that Randle El was there though I didn't say anything to Randle El because I like to give those guys their peace.

I actually walked pasty Randle El again as I was going to the Redskin Store anyway as I leave the Redskins Store and go into Macy I see another guy that looked familiar and it was Rocky McIntosh. But I left him alone as well. Who knows who else was there but as I went back and walked past PS Game Gear I saw Randle El talking to Fletcher

I have been to a ton of autograph shows at the CSA. All the players that I met generally have been really pretty nice. They should be of course, since I was paying to meet and get their autographs.

Outside of autograph sessions that were either free or paid, I met Ken Houston at the HOF during the Green/Monk induction. He was really nice and I tried to get him to sign an index card, but he said he doesn' sign index cards. He was with his grandson. I felt bad about interrupting him. He was really nice though. It didn't matter because I told him that I sent a photo of him to his house that my uncle took of him during his playing days here. When I got back from the HOF, the phot was returned to me signed. I thought that was pretty awesome! I haven't seen too many redskins out and about in public places. I don't think that the skins come around to Arlington all that much, unless it is Mr. Days, which I hate that bar because you can't wear jerseys in there! What a joke! You can't wear jerseys in a sports bar? I would never go back there after that.

You can't wear jersey in there, that's messed up. I hate that place because the owner was very rude to me during the taping of the Redskin Late Night Show. They had me and a friend kicked out because we'd go to the show and not by any food. But they never told us and about 6 weeks later I tried to go back there and the bouncer grabbed my hand and said what the (bleep) are you doing here and challanged me to a fight so I don't blame your hatred of Mr Days

When I worked at the Bethesda Marriott hotel and conference center I met Gary Clark. I actually checked him in to his room. He went under the name Jerry Clark. I asked him, like I didn't know that it was him, did he have a brother named Gary. He smiled and said that it was him. Of course I hooked him up.

I got a sure fire way to have a conversation with Riggins. Now I don't know if it still works but If you ask riggins to arm wrestle he usually says yes and if you win, he buys you a beer. I'm sure he probably has grown out of that but my father would always see him at duke zeibert's. I have 4 napkin autographs my father gave me from riggins.

I cant believe you didnt put me in that list of dudes who were with you that met Gary Clark.

you were throwing the football in the parking lot with us?

This must be changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3 BigMike

While I didn't get to "meet" any of them, my first year in the Navy at Fort Meade they were looking for volunteers to do security at the Redskins pre-season game against the Steelers in 1994. I went along since I'd never been to a Redskins game in my life even though I grew up a fan in NY and Tennessee. When we got to the stadium, the supervisor asked if any of us were Steelers fans or Redkins fans. When I told him I was a Redskin fan, he put me on detail RIGHT BEHIND THE REDSKINS BENCH. I was right next to the gatorade table. It was freaking incredible. The guy who was working with me was a regular and kept getting pissed at me because I spent the whole game just staring at the players, I couldn't believe where I was. Shuler on the phone, Reggie Roby working on his punts and Trevor Matich working on his snaps are what I remember most.

While I didn't get to "meet" any of them, my first year in the Navy at Fort Meade they were looking for volunteers to do security at the Redskins pre-season game against the Steelers in 1994. I went along since I'd never been to a Redskins game in my life even though I grew up a fan in NY and Tennessee. When we got to the stadium, the supervisor asked if any of us were Steelers fans or Redkins fans. When I told him I was a Redskin fan, he put me on detail RIGHT BEHIND THE REDSKINS BENCH. I was right next to the gatorade table. It was freaking incredible. The guy who was working with me was a regular and kept getting pissed at me because I spent the whole game just staring at the players, I couldn't believe where I was. Shuler on the phone, Reggie Roby working on his punts and Trevor Matich working on his snaps are what I remember most.

Yeah that is really cool. I would love to do that. Security would be cool but I would even be there towel boy. Cool story

Cool! RIP Roby...

Haynesworth- I was at Jackson's bar in Reston on cinco de mayo and was wearing a Redskins jersey. It was my first time there and I didn't realize it was a very "classy" sports bar. A guy came up to me and asked me if I had seen Haynesworth. I told him no and he said he was on the other side of the bar. He also called him a name and basically said he was a jerk. I went over to check it out and he was there. I showed my girlfriend him and she wanted to talk to him. I didn't want her to because I am not that kind of person. I want to give him his space.

A couple people told her not to that he was a jerk and would not give her the time of day. I went to the bathroom and when I came back she was freaking talking to him. She told me later she said stuff like "You know your not a Titan anymore, your a Redskin!" and said "You gotta get us to the playoffs because Redskins fans deserve that." I walked over and said "Common let's go" He actually was pretty nice to her and looked at me and said "What's up man?" He turned out to be pretty cool to us. I don't know about the others.

The real question is How Hot Is your Girlfriend. If hot=why he was nice. Oh well, if he irritates people that much off the field then just imagine how much of an irritant he will be on the field.

Archived