Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 10 vids!

Sweet Sassy Molassy

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14270629/madden-nfl-2010/videos/madden10_trl_sizzle_42909.html

This is just the trailer. But it'll keep going through the playlist which features commentary from one of the developers I believe as he talks about their concepts and ideas are for this year's Madden 10. All in All I hope this is all is implemented well. Especially the ProTak system, that's pretty cool. Also the rumbling of the controller when pressure is coming at you is a nice feature. Makes it a little easier to feel the pressure and know when you should try to get rid of the ball when you're trying to look downfield.

Also, for any of you fighting game fans out there, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for XBOX Live trailer here: Bout time!

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14269805/vs-capcom-next-gen/videos/marvelcapcom2_gmp_beserkerbarrage_042709.html

The end of that playlist is a trailer.

Can we FINALLY have half-sacks and assisted tackles? We've had gang tackling for years now and somehow this little detail keeps getting left out.

Edit: I read this wrong. They do have it in the game, and it's about time!

That's not what your mom said last night.

Really? Mom jokes? Next thing you know you'll be pulling, "I know you are but what am I" out of your bag of tricks.

While I agree with this, I think that tweaking such adds to the realism to the game. To me it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do. But I'm just the player.

Are you even old enough to play video games? I've been doing it for a quarter century, so take a seat Jr.

Sorry, I just wanted to see if the age card worked in all threads, not just Political and Sports related.

Either way, STB21 I agree, they seem like they've really put more thought into this game than they have any of the other next-gen versions of the game.

New QB Ratings

Our next big change for the QB position was the addition of some new ratings. For countless years we've basically had Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, and Awareness as the only ratings for the QB position, so it's very hard to differentiate the players correctly and have them perform more like their real-life counterparts with just those few. For example, a superstar like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would previously have a very high Throw Accuracy rating like a 98, well that had to be the case for a 5 yard screen or a 65 yard heave! Here are our new ratings:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)

2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)

3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)

4. Throw on the Run: Creates a modifier to accuracy when the QB is throwing on the run. Every QB will take some sort of accuracy hit when throwing on the run, but a QB that has a high rating here will take a smaller hit.

5. Play Action: Determines the 'effectiveness' of Play Action for a QB, i.e. how often they can fake out or freeze the defense (which is obviously weighted against the defenders Play Recognition ratings)

New QB Ratings

Our next big change for the QB position was the addition of some new ratings. For countless years we've basically had Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, and Awareness as the only ratings for the QB position, so it's very hard to differentiate the players correctly and have them perform more like their real-life counterparts with just those few. For example, a superstar like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning would previously have a very high Throw Accuracy rating like a 98, well that had to be the case for a 5 yard screen or a 65 yard heave! Here are our new ratings:

1. Deep Ball Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on deep passes (streaks, deep posts, etc)

2. Medium Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on medium passes (outs, corners, etc)

3. Short Passing Accuracy: Determines the accuracy on short passes (quick smash, flats, etc)

4. Throw on the Run: Creates a modifier to accuracy when the QB is throwing on the run. Every QB will take some sort of accuracy hit when throwing on the run, but a QB that has a high rating here will take a smaller hit.

5. Play Action: Determines the 'effectiveness' of Play Action for a QB, i.e. how often they can fake out or freeze the defense (which is obviously weighted against the defenders Play Recognition ratings)

Now THIS IS DOPE!!!

Are you even old enough to play video games? I've been doing it for a quarter century, so take a seat Jr.

Sorry, I just wanted to see if the age card worked in all threads, not just Political and Sports related.

Straight out the womb, Joe? :silly:

I do like those QB ratings, though. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived