Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sonny Said it Best: Per ESPN 980!

JeepRyder

M8, with all due respect.... the O-Line is NOT our problem... it is JASON CAMPBELL.

You apologists continue to accept mediocrity.

EDIT: And Jim Zorn knows a hella lot more about football than anyone here... thats fer sure.

Yes. And Jim Zorn is starting Campbell. If he were the problem, then we would've traded next year's first for Sanchez. After all, if that's what we were missing, then next year's 32nd overall wouldn't matter much, would it?

And, for the MILLIONTH TIME: I am NOT an apologist. That word is so ridiculous. I'm not making excuses for Campbell, I'm saying that it was mostly on the offensive line and that Campbell is better than most of you are saying. No fan wants mediocrity. Play Campbell now so that he has the same system two years in a row for the first time in a decade, and if he doesn't work, then trade the farm for Bradford. It's not rocket science.

M8, with all due respect.... the O-Line is NOT our problem... it is JASON CAMPBELL.

You apologists continue to accept mediocrity.

EDIT: And Jim Zorn knows a hella lot more about football than anyone here... thats fer sure.

You are being ridiculous if you think this offensive line is fine. You can't be reasoned with if that's the case, since you are accepting mediocrity from them.

And our receivers aren't great either, and I don't think we have much at RB behind Portis.

Our offensive problems go well beyond any one position.

Yes. And Jim Zorn is starting Campbell. If he were the problem, then we would've traded next year's first for Sanchez. After all, if that's what we were missing, then next year's 32nd overall wouldn't matter much, would it?

And, for the MILLIONTH TIME: I am NOT an apologist. That word is so ridiculous. I'm not making excuses for Campbell, I'm saying that it was mostly on the offensive line and that Campbell is better than most of you are saying. No fan wants mediocrity. Play Campbell now so that he has the same system two years in a row for the first time in a decade, and if he doesn't work, then trade the farm for Bradford. It's not rocket science.

And you know Campbell is really starting how? Hrmm.. Based on the last 2 months that is highly questionable.

You are being ridiculous if you think this offensive line is fine. You can't be reasoned with if that's the case, since you are accepting mediocrity from them.

And our receivers aren't great either, and I don't think we have much at RB behind Portis.

Our offensive problems go well beyond any one position.

You are correct, BUT our offensive problems start with the QB. Period.

I don't get you hypocrites. What Vinny and Danny are doing is the "Business." Yet when Jason Campbell is going to make a business decision best suited for him he is the villain. That's astoundingly hypocritical. You can't have it both ways, so stfu.

Zorn says, "Inconsistent. Problems at the top of the snap, seeing the field, working through progressions and hitting his target in stride. He misses too many open receivers. Is he a franchise QB? Maybe, maybe not."

Wow!

I missed this. Did Zorn really say this (in essence, if not word for word)?

Mediocre? That's doing a disservice to Big Ben. Besides, if he's mediocre, what's that make Campbell?

They were both pretty mediocre last year. I certainly saw my share of Pittsburgh games and half the time Big Ben was hearing the footsteps. He also didn't do a good job of taking care of the ball last year, being in double digits for both interceptions and fumbles. We actually had a half decent shot at beating Pittsburgh until we knocked him out of the game.

I wouldn't say opposing defenses got the book on Collins. For starters, the Seahawks were unbeaten (maybe 1 time) at home that season. It's a tough place to play in, and they managed to tag on 22 points in the 4th quarter, after a Redskins comeback.

Sounds like excuse-making to me. It usually takes about 4 games to figure out what a guy is doing. No doubt that Collins knew Saunders' system like the back of his hand. He should for as much as he was in it. But, I doubt that Collins holds up that well over the long-term.

Look, the whole entire offense slipped at the mid point of last year. Recievers droped balls, O-line loked like a wet paper towel at times, and yes the QB didn't throw the ball before the reciever was open and hit them in stride. They all need to step it up. With this being the second year for this OFFENSE, not just JC, I think they'll get it together.

But, I doubt that Collins holds up that well over the long-term.

Collins seems like he'll rattle when he really starts feeling the pressure and doesn't feel like he has a clean pocket.

Here's the thing, though: he seems to be able to get rid of the ball quickly and can sense a blitz and make a team pay for doing so. Those qualities alone go a long way towards keeping the pass rush at bay.

Playing at Seattle was absolutely the worst matchup the Redskins (or any NFC team) could of had in the 2007 playoffs. Had Tampa not tanked the end of the season (on purpose, IMO), the Redskins would have gotten them in the playoffs and not Seattle. Though I can't say with certainty that the Redskins would have gone to the Super Bowl (though I think they had a good chance), I'm pretty certain the Giants would not have gotten out of Seattle.

Jasons business decision should be .... buy a car dealership.... cause his days a numbered.

PFFFFFFTTTT, yeah because this organization can't figure out that Oline is the most important part of a football team Jason Campbell stinks, yeah, I guess that's why they spent THREE 2nd round draft picks trying to get a pass catcher. All the parts around Jason Campbell are so damn talented, if only Jason Campbell was more like Big Ben we'd be superbowl champions right now. HAHA.

That's the point I've been making and I read it myself and Sonny is spot on.

I'm not bashing Campbell, but all for giving him more time with this offense and Zorn. But it all depends on Zorn and Campbell to make this thing work.

Frankly, I wasn't only blaming Campbell for the 2nd half schedule collaspe. Also, I cannot blame the OL either and to think they totally collasped is ridiculus. Sure, we may need upgrades, but the play calling was suspect also IMO during the 2-6 finish.

But the fact of the matter was other teams DC's caught up to what Zorn was doing and what Campbell could not handle, constant pressure. Sure, he made a few plays under pressure during the 6-2 start. But DC's figured out you bring pressure most of the game and eventually Campbell would fold. Again, maybe our OL did have a few break downs, but I didn't see any adjustments being made by our coach to counter-act what other teams started to do on defense. Even the lesser teams with losing records did the same thing on defense and it worked. But no adjustments on offense from our coaching staff we're made to help.

So, it's not just Campbell, but also Zorn making the right adjustments during the course of the game.

Further, most QB's in todays NFL are so sensitive and some fans are to. This is sports my friends and someone will always be brought in to try and better that franchise if possible. I don't give a rats arse if Campbell is upset because his feelings is hurt. If you think you're all of that and want to be treated like it, then go out there and prove it. I wanted to post my thoughts in the begining about what I thought when Campbell said or his agent said he wanted to be traded if we got Sanchez. Yea! to me that sounded like a real B@tch, sorry extremes. And frankly that's what Sonny is saying also. But I didn't want to offend anyone and may have now, but that's my thoughts.

How you gonna consider yourself the future and want Snyder to invest millions on you and you scared of competition? A 16 game got darn rookie out of college at that. And all you can say is my feelings is hurt and I may want to be traded. Please, give me a break. This is not the attitude or the heart I see from a want to be or think he's gonna be a franchise QB, period. Even Portis said the same thing during his lastest interview when they asked him about it on ESPN before the draft. This is a competitive sport and you better be prepared to battle for it if need to. And at this point, Campbell hasn't proven anything to justify Danny giving him franchise money or making him the franchise QB. So what he only threw a few interceptions last season.

That's right, that's the issue IMO(money). This is Campbell's contract year and he and his agent think something should be just handed to them for being here and playing (NOT). I don't blame Danny one bit for trying to upgrade that position if he see someone that he thinks can carry us for years to come. Sorry, it comes with the territory and Campbell should have been ready to challenge anyone brought in if he thinks he's the future. So, if you can't stand the heat then get the H@ll out of the kitchen and that's what Campbell and his agent wanted to do if we drafted Sanchez. Get the H@ll out of the kitchen opposed to accepting the competition.

Sonny is right and the Washington Redskins are not in the "You hurt my feelings Business". They want to win games and Super Bowls with the best players possible and so do I because this is the NFL. And the NFL stands for "Not for long"..

Word for word.

Well, if Zorn stated this publicly, there is no way that he hasn't gone much further with this with Campbell in private. Given that, there is no way that Campbell can't NOT KNOW why the Redskins are seeking alternatives.

So, the whole "Jason has been mistreated" and "He was lied to" is BS. Without hearing the context of the whole interview, those words are the words of a coach that is dissatisfied. And some of those items that he ticked off have nothing to do with "knowing the system".

Sound like the words of a coach that doesn't have much patience left for a player's development.

Playing at Seattle was absolutely the worst matchup the Redskins (or any NFC team) could of had in the 2007 playoffs. Had Tampa not tanked the end of the season (on purpose, IMO), the Redskins would have gotten them in the playoffs and not Seattle. Though I can't say with certainty that the Redskins would have gone to the Super Bowl (though I think they had a good chance), I'm pretty certain the Giants would not have gotten out of Seattle.

Or if we won one more game. I tend to agree with you that we probably could have made a run at it, tho again I don't know if Collins could have continued the run.

I havent seen this posted so sorry if I missed it but Sonny was on ESPN 980 talking about the whole Campbell thing with Cutler and Sanchez and Campbell supposedly asking for a trade if we had gotten Sanchez (rumor which campbell has since denied). Sonny said Campbell should just say bring it on to the front office basically. Bring whoever u want in here but they wont beat me out for my job. He said thats the mentality you want your starting QB to have, not one who wants to be traded if their is competition. And to Jasons defense I think he has been doing that. He has been showing up everyday through the whole thing working out and getting ready. But I liked Sonnys thoughts on that, that Campbell shouldn't let it get to him and just come in this season and shut everybody up. And Im definitely one that thinks Campbell will on fire this season.

Im thinking that he was just as upset that the team was waisting a high draft pick and future draft picks on a position that we were in pretty good shape at instead of trying to improve weaker positions.

If we hadnt of had such big holes at OL, DE and LB then I would have been all for trading every pick we had for Sanchez. But doing that would have set this team back 2 or 3 years and I, like JC Im sure saw this team going no where for a few years if we went that direction.

Im sure he knew he could stick around and start this year and see what happens in FA if he wasnt part of the trade. But if he was anything like most of us (no not the JC haters) and wanting to win now then this was a bad decision by the front office.

Dont misconstrue as to say that he would have been over joyed with a high pick on a QB at anytime. Just that at this time it would have been a statement saying we are rebuilding and not challenging for a tittle.

I really like Jason and have backed him throughout last season. Two objective points I have to bring up though:

- To categorize the general consensus, we all want to see much better play from JC next season - both in tangible and intangible results. To expect such an increase from a player going into his 5th season is pretty unrealistic.

- I don't think he has next season to prove himself. I think he has until the bye. We will know from his play how far he progressed. Even if he passes at the bye, another second-half collapse will be curtains for him as well. I think he has to pass both a week 7 and week 17 report card to get an extension offer. If he isn't playing well enough after week 7, I would not be surprised to see Colt/Todd start the remaining games.

PFFFFFFTTTT, yeah because this organization can't figure out that Oline is the most important part of a football team Jason Campbell stinks, yeah, I guess that's why they spent THREE 2nd round draft picks trying to get a pass catcher. All the parts around Jason Campbell are so damn talented, if only Jason Campbell was more like Big Ben we'd be superbowl champions right now. HAHA.

So When your line breaks down this is what you do!!!!! It takes our QB less then 2 seconds to make this pass, that means is release is less then a second. That's QUICK!!! But this is how its done, Listen to the broadcasters they have it pegged!!! If Jason makes these passes where all good!!!

So When your line breaks down this is what you do!!!!! It takes our QB less then 2 seconds to make this pass, that means is release is less then a second. That's QUICK!!! But this is how its done, Listen to the broadcasters they have it pegged!!! If Jason makes these passes where all good!!!

Course, Colt was fortunte that the receiver helped him out. Had the receiver not adjusted, it would have been 6 the other direction.

And how is that different from his current situaiton? No matter what, this is likely Campbell's last chance to prove himself and be the guy here. Sanchez being here or not doesn't change that aspect of things.

It is dramatically different.

If he struggles this year, there is only a football reason to bench him.

If he struggled AND Sanchez was here, there would have been a football AND business reason to bench him.

No...I honestly don't think Dan would call from the owners' box and demand a switch.

But I know that there would be a coach's meeting where someone would say, "You know, we have a lot tied up in the Sanchez kid. Maybe it's time we give him the ball."

But...it's a moot question.

We are going to trade up next year to get Bradford. All this discussion is moot. The NFC is tough so we just may have a good draft pick again next year. JC is never going to throw TD passes like always and we cant win games scoring as low as we have.

Archived