Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sonny Said it Best: Per ESPN 980!

JeepRyder

I'm behind JC as much as the next guy, but we all saw other certain rookie QB's come into not only new systems but the NFL in it's entirety and not have such slow learning curves. I really really hope JC lights it up this season, and proves to everyone he can be our QB.

Definitely agree but most rookies come into systems and are successful because they aren't asked to do to much but manage the game and not turn the ball over. That's an advantage that J Cam hasn't had necessarily because while our D has been solid and it hasn't been dominating by generating turnovers and giving the offense more possessions and better field position, something we should improve on this year.

There endeth the lesson!!!!! Oh ya this is how you hit a WR in stride!!!

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Are you talking about that first throw? Woopity doo

There are throws JC has made that make that duck look like......well......a duck.

Does he make them all the time? No. Not defending him. I just think your examples are a complete joke.

Sonny is off the mark....more than anything JC has to demonstrate one quality that separates the proverbial wheat from the NFL chaff: leadership on the field. That is the one thing, above all else, that Campbell seems least prepared to do. You can see it in his body language (or lack thereof) and you can see it in the results. he just doesn't have that "it" quality that great QBs have to put a team on his shoulders and will it to victory. he's a capable QB who will never be a great QB. the difference maker is gonna have to come from elsewhere on that offense.

I have not read too many of your posts that I agree with, BUT-

I believe you have provided a perspective that alot of people are ignoring when the asses jasons strengths.

I would love to be watching a game, being down two scores in the 4th qtr, and know that our QB is going to pull out a win.

I dont care if its Campbell, Colt, Collins, or whoever.

I'm behind JC as much as the next guy, but we all saw other certain rookie QB's come into not only new systems but the NFL in it's entirety and not have such slow learning curves. I really really hope JC lights it up this season, and proves to everyone he can be our QB.

You know what you missing out of your reasoning? Its the fact that you believe Jason Campbell was the only man on the field facing the defense.

Was there anybody blocking for him? Was he attempting to throw a pass to someone? Was that someone running the correct route? Did Cooley fumble on that play? Did Portis get stuffed on that 3rd down and kill the drive?

Did Zorn call the right plays for the right situation? Did the injuries and inexperience of the 3 rookie receivers have anything to do to contribute to Cambell's lack of performance?

Over on the other field, did the Ravens defense get the ball back quickly after a punt, in order that the offense could go again? Did the Ravens weak AFC schedule have something to do with their rookie QB putting up mildly, and only mildly, better numbers than Campbell?

Need to THINK about some other factors besides the one guy you are throwing stones at.

If you can find me a rookie QB who last year threw 25 TD passes and carried his team on his back to the playoffs, please let me know because I did not see one.

I havent seen this posted so sorry if I missed it but Sonny was on ESPN 980 talking about the whole Campbell thing with Cutler and Sanchez and Campbell supposedly asking for a trade if we had gotten Sanchez (rumor which campbell has since denied). Sonny said Campbell should just say bring it on to the front office basically. Bring whoever u want in here but they wont beat me out for my job. He said thats the mentality you want your starting QB to have, not one who wants to be traded if their is competition. And to Jasons defense I think he has been doing that. He has been showing up everyday through the whole thing working out and getting ready. But I liked Sonnys thoughts on that, that Campbell shouldn't let it get to him and just come in this season and shut everybody up. And Im definitely one that thinks Campbell will on fire this season.

with the kind of things the Skins would have had to give up to get Sanchez I think any talk of compoetition would have been just talk. Sanchez would have been the starter.

I don't believe the rumors that he asked to be traded. He may have felt like he wanted to, but everything that he is saying and doing is showing that he is willing to compete. I agree that he should welcome the competition and I do understand that may be his last audition at starting before going into a contract year. I really hope that he does well and puts the critics to rest.

It really wouldn't have been all within his power. You don't bring in a rookie to have him languish on the bench for years. So' date=' if Sanchez had come in, Jason would have to know that his leash was incredibly short because the team had a huge investment in the rookie and none in him.

And, yes, I believe that ALL players are aware of the business side of things now.[/quote']

The team has a pretty big investment in JC. I guess you forgot we gave up a draft pick to move up to get him. Still, I'd like him to play like he as a chip on his shoulder.

Archived