Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WB: Meet Brian Orakpo, the man the Broncos were too stupid to draft

bubba9497

so- what are Broncos fans saying? Anyone have a link to their boards?

From one of their boards...right before the Broncos picked:

I bet we take Orakpo.

Tell me how is he much better than Doom?

Time for shots.

orakpo is a bronco-
Bills select Aaron Maybin. Thank goodness.

Let's grab Everette Brown!!!!!!

Ok, let's get Moreno here.
Orakpo is still on the board......hey Lynch, try not to kill anyone ok?
Buy your Orakpo jerseys (people who buy jerseys) BRONCOS fans!
Please draft Moreno...This is the moment...Can't turn back after this...GET HIM!!

Then after the pick...

Yessssss!!!
I can live with that.
Moreno, I'm cool with that.
And with that guess, terrible terrible idea.

Our D is trash.

knowshon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO! Moreno! Great pick!

I bet Cicero is creaming himself.

Moreno!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!
OMG...what a flipping idiot...is hoodie junior!
There it is, Here come the NEW broncos. Best running back in the draft hands down. Obviously went with BPA and had him above Jenkins and Orakpo.
Im loving this pick

We got the safest pick in the draft... this kid is a FOOTBALL PLAYER

Great pick by Mcdaniels and Xanders

lol Snyder

(no idea what that last one was supposed to mean lol)

can someone lend me the airfare to fly down to dove valley and kick McDaniels right in the ******* nuts!

I give up...

******* retarded to have traded Jay Cutler.
Is there some type of unwritten rule that the Broncos can't draft a defensive player early? This is ridiculous. If this was the pick, why in the hell do you sign 15 running backs during free agency? The next decision this front office makes that makes any sense will be the first decision they make that makes any sense.
I like Moreno, I would have liked him in a different Uni a lot better though. What the foul-flippity-flu are we doing not drafting Defense. Brian muther-freaking-Orakpo fell into outr freaking laps and we draft a RB after we signed 12 of them in the off-season. Stupid if you ask me.

The pick for the Broncos was Orakpo, and they went after a RB. That was a strange turn of events. I was like cool, we got our D End.

They insisted on RB because they're still bitter at the Redskins that we got so much out of PORTIS

Mwuahahahahahaha !!

They insisted on RB because they're still bitter at the Redskins that we got so much out of PORTIS

Mwuahahahahahaha !!

Yup

So this is Plan what, F or G in the Broncos attempts to fill the void left by Clinton Portis?:D

We still got CP and, to borrow a quote cited above, "Brian muther-freaking Orakpo"!!!!!

Why is Orakpo a steal? He was slated to be a solid first rounder but then suddenly jumped up to the top of the draft. It's the athletes that gain a bunch of hype right before the draft that could be a concern. That said, I'm fine with the Orakpo pick. I'd still much rather an OT but I prefer Orakpo over any of the linebackers. Why not invest all the talent in the Dline (FOR ONCE!)?

i think we had the steal of the draft. orakpo was a projected top 5 guy and we got him at 13. he fills a huge need and we didn't have to trade up to get him.

You are soooo right. Can you imagine all the ooooooohhhhing and aaaaahhhhhing that the media would have made on LIVE TELEVISION if DALLAS was picking at #13? EVERYBODY on ESPN and NFL Network would have been kissing the feet of Jerry Jones and going on and on about how DALLAS GOT THE STEAL OF THE DAY with having DE Brian Orakpo falling into their laps.....(we all know how the media feels about the Skins, so the reaction was buffered of course)

The "don't worry" comment attributed the Broncos intrigues me.

I thought it was dog-eat-dog, kinda like Belichik vs. Mangini, between opposing GMs. Or is it mostly friendly rivalry, almost comradery? Which is closer to being the norm?

I could certainly see two GMs swapping honest info, tapes, rumors from other teams, and helping each other in the process.

And I wonder what role "favors" played in "Cassel and Vrabel to KC"?

So which is the norm between GMs? Dog-eat-dog, or good buddies?

Archived