Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Giants Targeting Heyward-Bey

RenegadeTK

I strongly doubt the accuracy of this ESPN report. It makes no sense for the Giants.

Makes no sense for you or for the Giants. If they covet a player they want, then why wouldn't they trade up. No one here knows who the Giants covet other than they do want a WR. So why question the legitimacy of this report.

If I was a Giants fan I wouldnt like this. Bey is sort of a combine wonder, sure he had a good career at MD and was an All-American but he was considered a mid 2nd until he ran a 4.24. I also think Eli needs a bigger target to be successful. I think Ramses Barden in the 4th or Hakeem Nicks in the 1st are way better options for the Giants than the next Moss bro.

Makes no sense for you or for the Giants
Both. The Giants could get a proven commodity in Braylon Edwards for the same package of picks they would need to trade up in the first round. Why would any team be willing to trade a 1st and a 3rd+ for a boom-or-bust project when they could get a 26 year old Pro Bowler for the same price? It makes no sense.

Why would any team be willing to trade a 1st and a 3rd+ for a boom-or-bust project when they could get a 26 year old Pro Bowler for the same price? It makes no sense.

because they dont think it is a boom-or-bust project. different scouts catagorize players differently. obviously the giants see something in DHB that make them want to go after him. plus, edwards has definitely had his issues on the field.

Both. The Giants could get a proven commodity in Braylon Edwards for the same package of picks they would need to trade up in the first round. Why would any team be willing to trade a 1st and a 3rd+ for a boom-or-bust project when they could get a 26 year old Pro Bowler for the same price? It makes no sense.

The Browns aren't looking for just a first and third. By all reports, they want Kiwi and the G-Men don't want to give him up. Also, depending on where they move up, it might not necessarily take a third round pick. Not to mention they may think much more highly of DHB then man us may know.

The Browns aren't looking for just a first and third. By all reports, they want Kiwi and the G-Men don't want to give him up. Also, depending on where they move up, it might not necessarily take a third round pick. Not to mention they may think much more highly of DHB then man us may know.
There have been numerous reports(inclluding one on the first page of ATN) indicating that the Browns would take a first and a third. In addition, the Cardinals are reportedly looking for a second round pick and a player for Boldin. There really is no way to justify trading up for DHB. Not when the Giants are a legit #1 WR away from being realistic Superbowl contenders.

because they dont think it is a boom-or-bust project. different scouts catagorize players differently. obviously the giants see something in DHB that make them want to go after him. plus, edwards has definitely had his issues on the field.
So has DHB. He never had more than 5 receiving TD's in a year while at college, and there have been questions about his hands and route-running ability. The difference is that only one of them has proven they can be productive in the NFL.

There have been numerous reports(inclluding one on the first page of ATN) indicating that the Browns would take a first and a third. In addition, the Cardinals are reportedly looking for a second round pick and a player for Boldin. There really is no way to justify trading up for DHB. Not when the Giants are a legit #1 WR away from being realistic Superbowl contenders.

i agree... if they can get Boldin for a 2nd rounder, it's a no-brainer to do that instead of trading up for DHB

So has DHB. He never had more than 5 receiving TD's in a year while at college, and there have been questions about his hands and route-running ability. The difference is that only one of them has proven they can be productive in the NFL.

exactly... i'm just making the point that they both have issues. however there must be a reason they would rather trade up to go after DHB instead of trading for Edwards. maybe they really think there is more upside to bringing in the rookie. i think that the Browns may be going after a player in the trade that the giants dont want to part ways with.

This maybe why...

"The Giants' reluctance to pull the trigger on Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin reportedly has more to do with money than trade compensation.

Both receivers are looking for Larry Fitzgerald-type money at $10 million per year for four years. Neither Edwards nor Boldin is in Fitz's class as a receiver, however, which is understandably giving teams reason for pause."

This maybe why...

"The Giants' reluctance to pull the trigger on Braylon Edwards or Anquan Boldin reportedly has more to do with money than trade compensation.

Both receivers are looking for Larry Fitzgerald-type money at $10 million per year for four years. Neither Edwards nor Boldin is in Fitz's class as a receiver, however, which is understandably giving teams reason for pause."

We have a winner.

Never say never. But even if that or Boldin doesn't work out. I would much, much rather the Giants just pick the best WR at #29 than trade up ahead of the Jets at #17 to nab DHB.

Edwards to NY is still very possible as far as I'm concerned.

Archived