Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Giants Targeting Heyward-Bey

RenegadeTK

The weight gain bothers me.
Understood, the dude was one of my favorite players in the draft though.......just surprised they didn't bring in a good vet like Edwards or Boldin. It will be interesting to see how much he'll be able to contribute this year.

I am glad they didn't bring in Maualuga or Brown.

I get a bad feeling they will end up with undervalued Laurinaitis.

How can you not like Nicks, BBJ? The dude is another Anquan Boldin if he projects correctly. I'd love to have him on the Iggs.

Maclin is a beast though, too. So I'm happy.

After he made that ridiculous catch, I wanted the Giants to get him. I am happy they did. But I still wouldn't mind a trade for Edwards.

The NFC East got stronger yesterday. Well, 3/4 of it anyway.

I'm not sure the Giants are going to see a lot of contributions in 2009 from this draft but next year the players taken in the first 4 rounds will show up. As stated prior I like Nicks and Brown is a good back who will do well in NY. I thought Barden was a reach and don't think of Bomar as more than a fodder.

I'm not sure the Giants are going to see a lot of contributions in 2009 from this draft but next year the players taken in the first 4 rounds will show up. As stated prior I like Nicks and Brown is a good back who will do well in NY. I thought Barden was a reach and don't think of Bomar as more than a fodder.
I don't see Barden as reach. The Dolphins allegedly really liked him. And with the pick right after the one the Giants used on Barden, they took 6'5" WR Patrick Turner.

My only problem with the Barden pick is where is he going to fit in in his first year? Will he be able to help on special teams? If he needs work, and won't be able to see the field for a while, which current WR do they let go?

I do love the Beckum pick. I think he's going to make some big contributions right off the bat.

Barden can't get off press coverage. He looked like he was playing WR for the first time during the Senior Bowl practice week.
He kind of was. Barden never faced press coverage at Cal Poly. The corners in Division II couldn't match his physicality. He's going to need some time to learn before he can become a viable NFL WR. But he's pretty smart and graduated early from his school, so hopefully it won't take him too long.

Archived