Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: RI: Mike Sellers Unhappy About Contract; Not Participating In Voluntary Workouts

TheGoodBits

Really? How many times did he fumble and cost us a game last season.... TWICE! Basically, we could've gone to the playoffs if he held onto the ball. Buhbye... over-rated. He is a big dude, but i get nervous every time he touches the ball.

Right, because his primary job is to run the ball.:doh:

. He gets paid to block for portis and workout. He's not even a good pass protector. I think his contract is for 4 million which should be enough.

Sounds good to me.

The funny thing about the whole thing is he's holding out. When was the last time you heard a Fullback holding out. Next thing you know' date=' The red snapper will ask for more money and hold out because he went to the probowl.[/b']

:hysterical: :hysterical: that was wrong but it was funny as hell.

I love Big Mike and I hope that it all works out SOON!!!

Albright I would ante up for :). Seriously, if I were Vinny, a nightmare would be Snapper coming and asking for another $500K. I would hate to pay that to a LS, but the dude does his job maybe better than anyone else in the league does their own job.

Dude has been LS for years and I can't remember a bad snap by him. A LS who never screws up is more valuable than a FB, IMO.

Agreed. What's keeping this guy from doing that? He really should. Now if we could only get a decent kicker and/or punter for him to snap it too.

I think we can find room in the cap for Sllers, or maybe it wont be so bad with an uncapped season coming. He is one of the best blocking fullbacks in the league. He is the definition of a Core Redskin. I wont be heart broken if he leaves, but I think it would hurt the team if he left. This is a lockerroom leader, a Pro Bowler, and someone we need to find a way to keep around. Im sure a restructure can be reached, giving both the Redskins and Sellers some relief.

I think his contract is for 4 million which should be enough.

4 years, 4 million dollars, with like $750 this year. For a pro bowler. Regardless of position.

I completely can understand why Mike is doing this. He came into the league late, and is now 33. If his production starts falling in a couple years, he'll be cut. I'm thinking he's trying to grab a few hundred thousand extra so that he can have a decent retirement after his career is over. He would have to live like a poor man to make ~$3 last him 40-50 years.

we need to throw him a bone and get him on board. Zorn has not really used him that well....he is a beast at times with the ball and a great blocker...except he has no ups and has NO business trying to go airborne at the goal line....

would it be that hard for snyda to up his pay or bonus money a bit??? I imagine it is hard for guys that have given a lot and been warriors for this team to watch D Hall and Fat Albert get seriously paid and really have done squat for this team yet.

I'm thinking he's trying to grab a few hundred thousand extra so that he can have a decent retirement after his career is over. He would have to live like a poor man to make ~$3 last him 40-50 years.

There's this thing called a job that a lot of people get and do until they are in their 60s before retirement. Most people, in fact, don't retire in their mid-30s.

No **** Sherlock. Most people aren't former NFL pro bowlers though, now are they?

So his former Pro Bowler status entitles him to an extraordinarily early retirement?

My last post was meant as a joke, BTW. Just forgot to put the smilie in.

So his former Pro Bowler status entitles him to an extraordinarily early retirement?

My last post was meant as a joke, BTW. Just forgot to put the smilie in.

Oh gotcha... but yes, NFL players should be able to retire once they are done playing. Most get paid millions and can do it anyway, but the journeymen that never really earn the huge paycheck often get screwed over in that sense. The NFL is all they do for 10-15 years, and suddenly they're out of work without any job experience and not enough savings to last them the rest of their life. Big Mike is in a particularly bad situation because he hasn't been playing in the NFL that long.

The NFL is all they do for 10-15 years, and suddenly they're out of work without any job experience and not enough savings to last them the rest of their life. Big Mike is in a particularly bad situation because he hasn't been playing in the NFL that long.

He has been in the NFL more than long enough to collect a pension after he retires.

That one year happened to be a pro bowl year. You can't tell me when can't throw in some incentives to that contract. Take care of your guys Dan.

You sure as hell can "throw in some incentives" to the contract, but typically that happens before everyone signs.

Otherwise you're saying, "oops, sorry I'm actually worth more than I thought. More money please."

Mike's a great guy for our team, but I'm sick of the notion around the league that all you have to do is sign with Rosenhaus and get overpaid by Danny.

I was worried about this when Big Mike was given the pro-bowl nod.

Did someone say this guy was classy? pshhhh!

Only when he's getting his way..

He trashed the organization pretty good when he left for Cleveland. The same organization that brought him back from the CFL after his time in Cleveland failed.

Not that the team did it for altruistic reasons, of course. But, I don't how any claim of his for poor treatment by the organization rings true.

4 years, 4 million dollars, with like $750 this year. For a pro bowler. Regardless of position.

I completely can understand why Mike is doing this. He came into the league late, and is now 33. If his production starts falling in a couple years, he'll be cut. I'm thinking he's trying to grab a few hundred thousand extra so that he can have a decent retirement after his career is over. He would have to live like a poor man to make ~$3 last him 40-50 years.

Ok play GM, how much money do you think he should get? No real team would pay him over 1.5 million a year and that is being generous. The guy is making a million a year, that should be enough for a FB

Oh gotcha... but yes, NFL players should be able to retire once they are done playing. Most get paid millions and can do it anyway, but the journeymen that never really earn the huge paycheck often get screwed over in that sense. The NFL is all they do for 10-15 years, and suddenly they're out of work without any job experience and not enough savings to last them the rest of their life. Big Mike is in a particularly bad situation because he hasn't been playing in the NFL that long.

OK sellars was good last year and the year before but fact is he has been known as an average fb his whole career... he gets paid WAY more than any of us do....he is not hurting for cash... and if he is its his own fault NO ONE in this league is going to give him a huge pay day NO ONE...

Ok play GM' date=' how much money do you think he should get? No real team would pay him over 1.5 million a year and that is being generous. The guy is making a million a year, that should be enough for a FB[/quote']

Alright.

This year: From $750k to $900k.

Next year: From ~$900k to $1.2 million

Last year of his contract: From $? to $1.4 million.

It's not THAT much more, but I'm sure he would appreciate it. It also has such a negligible impact on the cap it shouldn't even matter.

Archived