Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you trust Zorn as an evaluator of QB talent?

Lombardi's_kid_brother

I will try to be nicer on this thread. And no more swears. I have a swear jar next to me.

Zorn was hired largely based on his devolopment of the bald guy in Seattle.

So, if he was hired as a molder of QBs, do we trust that he might have a smidgen of interest in the position?

And that he A) might not be so crazy about Jason, and

B) might not be so crazy about Colt?

Or do you think that Danny is calling all the shots down and might be on the sidelines in a visor next year?

Danny is calling the shots.

And I strongly question Zorn's credentials on anything.

17 years in the league, and his one claim-to-fame is Matt Hasselbeck?

You have to be kidding me.

Matt Hasselbeck? Not Manning, Not Brady.....one Matt Hasselbeck in 17 years?

If Zorn was the Cowboys head coach, we would be laughing our asses off.

Our HC? Oh, that makes everything completely different.

I will try to be nicer on this thread. And no more swears. I have a swear jar next to me.

So' date=' if he was hired as a molder of QBs, do we trust that he might have a smidgen of interest in the position?

Or do you think that Danny is calling all the shots down and might be on the sidelines in a visor next year?[/quote']

I believe he was hired partly by his rep with QB's I don't agree A or B

So' date=' if he was hired as a molder of QBs, do we trust that he might have a smidgen of interest in the position?

Or do you think that Danny is calling all the shots down and might be on the sidelines in a visor next year?[/quote']

I think Zorn is an excellent evaluator of talent at the QB position and he realized very quickly that what we currently have on the roster at that position just ain't gonna cut it. Especially for the WCO he's trying to install. I have my doubts about him as a HC, however.

He somehow put that bug in Snyder's ear and now we've watched, and continue to watch, the soap opera this franchise has become. :doh:

I think Zorn is a good QB evaluator who may or may not want Sanchez but chances are he is stuck with two guys who have no clue what they are doing.

It's got to be either:

A. Zorn doesn't believe in Campbell and wants Sanchez. Snyder/Vinny are actually listening to a HC whose name isn't Gibbs and doing what they are asked of to help out.

B. Zorn believes in Campbell. Snyder and Vinny don't and are going to give Zorn what THEY want, regardless.

So I ask you, based on their past history, which one is more likely of the two options?

I thought so...

I simply don't know.

He's not really given me any reason not to trust him- but he's not exactly given me any reason to trust him either.

I do disagree with his decision to stick with Jason thru last season with TC and Colt on the bench- BUT

I think his decision to stick with Jason no matter what last season came in large part b/c of his history at the position. He's spoken at length about how important he feels stability is for a starter. So I don't think that relates to his evaluation of talent.

I can't believe that Danny and Vinny would hire a coach and then so completely cut his, um, friends off in one year (see, no swears).

What is possible is that Zorn feels he is on a one-year trial right now. And he does not want to do that with Campbell as his only hope.

So Dinny may be forcing his hand, but I do not think they are calling the shots alone.

Danny is calling the shots.

And I strongly question Zorn's credentials on anything.

17 years in the league, and his one claim-to-fame is Matt Hasselbeck?

You have to be kidding me.

Matt Hasselbeck? Not Manning, Not Brady.....one Matt Hasselbeck in 17 years?

If Zorn was the Cowboys head coach, we would be laughing our asses off.

Our HC? Oh, that makes everything completely different.

Zorn was the QB coach for Seattle from '01-07.

The fact that he, one, stayed in Seattle that long...indicates that he is pretty good at his job...the fact that Zorn's product (Hasselbeck) got to the Probowl 3 times is indicative that he does his job pretty well. The fact that the Seahawks have absolutely dismantled us in the playoffs is indicative that he contributes a great deal to a pretty solid team.

Jesus Christ himself could coach this team and people would find a reason to ***** about it.

It's not brain surgery to determine that JC is a bad fit for the offense Zorn wants to run.

I'm more shocked that Zorn has been so behind Campbell this entire time, but from the opening press conference, you could tell Zorn was just doing what he was told with Campbell because at that time the organization wanted to keep as much of "Gibbs" around as possible.

Gibbs is gone now and it's time to move on.

:2cents:

I can't believe that Danny and Vinny would hire a coach and then so completely cut his' date=' um, friends off in one year (see, no swears).[/quote']Why not? People hire "yes men" all the time.
What is possible is that Zorn feels he is on a one-year trial right now. And he does not want to do that with Campbell as his only hope.
Could be. But isn't this the exact same thing as cutting his "friends" off?

"Succeed now or else" is as bad as saying "we'll give you who we want to give you"

Either way - you're screwed.

If they aren't going to listen to Zorn on the QB position, then why is he still head coach? Doesn't make sense to me to think they would disregard him.

If the club is looking to move Campbell, then it only stands to reason that Zorn is the impetus for it.

It's not brain surgery to determine that JC is a bad fit for the offense Zorn wants to run.

I'm more shocked that Zorn has been so behind Campbell this entire time, but from the opening press conference, you could tell Zorn was just doing what he was told with Campbell because at that time the organization wanted to keep as much of "Gibbs" around as possible.

You may be correct. It is entirely possible that Dan told him that he had to use Jason (like he told him who his coordinators were). And finally, Zorn is getting to take the shackles off.

Maybe LAST year was where Danny interfered too much.

I trust nobody.

Marvin Lewis coached the great Ravens Defense, but also coached some crappy ones. Zorn's called a great coach, but maybe he just got lucky.

Having lived in Baltimore for a while now and examining what he's done with the Bengals, especially on the defensive side of the ball; Marvin Lewis got lucky and was the beneficiary of the superb talent on that team that could overcome average coaching.

Having lived in Baltimore for a while now and examining what he's done with the Bengals, especially on the defensive side of the ball; Marvin Lewis got lucky and was the beneficiary of the superb talent on that team that could overcome average coaching.

Maybe thats why he wasn't getting hired for all those years. He's just not taht good.

You may be correct. It is entirely possible that Dan told him that he had to use Jason (like he told him who his coordinators were). And finally' date=' Zorn is getting to take the shackles off.

Maybe LAST year was where Danny interfered too much.[/quote']

Wouldn't be surprised at all if it went down this way.

The coaching search was all about finding a guy that would take Campbell and make him a franchise QB. Zorn was agreeable, so he got the job.

After a season, he pulled Snyer and Cerrato into the film room and showed them that it just isn't going to happen. And the Redskins are moving on...

Makes you wonder the same thing about Rex Ryan. I'm wondering how the Jets will look over the next few years.

Not just that, but makes you wonder about Romeo Crenell, and dude who replaced him (twice).

I honestly like three coaching trees

Bill Parcells (but not the subtrees)

Bill Walsh (and the Holmgren subtrees, but not the Reid subsubtrees)

Tony Dungy (no subtrees to mention yet)

he was a pretty bad fit for what Gibbs/saunders wanted to do as well

Archived