Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would it take for you to say Campbell is good?

Skins_Win_Again

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think young QB's take time to develop, but Campbell's seems to be a little longer than others. I do believe that he has been brought into a bad situation, but unfortunately it is what it is. The team doens't have more time to find out.

The fact that he doesn't seem to possess a lot of fire or command is very displeasing as well.

Ones designed for competent QBs. If JC has had 6 offenses in 7 years and none of them fit him, maybe it's not the system.

Obviously at least one offense fit him considering he went undefeated in the SEC in college and probably should have won the NC.

As far as pro offenses, I think it might be safe to say it takes more than one season to learn an offense well enough to be extremely good in it.

We also have no clue how good of a coach Zorn is.

But whatever you say - you are obviously the expert and when the Redskins get a "slightly above QB" they'll definitely be in the "big dance" :doh:

great another Jason Campnell thread. This couldn't have been a reply in one of the other threads about jason Campbell? Jason is an Ok QB, it would take an NFC CHamp Berth or Division Title to make him "Good" IMO, and that ain't happening imo.

That's why we need Mark Sanchez. Enough said.

Agree. The great "JC" is a bum!!:doh:

How about making some great plays, that's usually what separates the good from mediocre. Oh and by great I don't mean stepping up in the pocket and throwing to a wide open Moss, that should be expected of a NFL QB. How about a few 2 minute game winning drives, or how about playing better then .500 football.

I know it's everyone else's fault not the QB's.

I don't have any unrealistic expectations of Campbell going to the pro bowl or eclipsing 4000 yards. As much as I would love for us to have one of those franchise QBs, I'd be perfectly content with a guy that can give us 20+ TDs while keeping turnovers to a minimum and lead the team to the playoffs at a bare minimum.

What Campbell showed last season was promising, but simply not good enough. Even the stretch to start the season was somewhat empty as far as I'm concerned. Yes we won, but he never put his stamp on any of the games.

I want Campbell to demonstrate that he can lead a team, make the plays to extend the drives and most importantly, hit open receivers.

Too many times Campbell has overthrown guys, missed guys because he was too late with his reads, etc.

Campbell, while still young, isn't exactly a spring chicken. He has to convince the fans and the people running the team that he can lead this franchise.

Even if we do end up drafting Sanchez, my expectation would be for him to go out there and earn a new contract. Hearing all this talk about trade demands has me a bit down on the guy right now.

saints game...

first cowboys game ...

detroit game...

that was in 2008.

you asked for one, I gave you three. YOU GONNA GO AWAY NOW?

LOL. DETROIT!?!?! Did you not see Santana Moss save the game with a punt return?!? We would have lost to the Lions had that not happened.

Campbell made two great plays this season, one in the Saints game, one in the Cowboys game...but as for winning the game with his arm there is no argument.

JC has all of the tools to be great. He just can't seem to use them. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. I think to be considered good he needs to make the playoffs consistently. I don't think a QB is ever good unless they make the playoffs. And even when the Skins made the playoffs it was more TC than JC.

JC has all of the tools to be great. He just can't seem to use them. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker. I think to be considered good he needs to make the playoffs consistently. I don't think a QB is ever good unless they make the playoffs. And even when the Skins made the playoffs it was more TC than JC.

Meh, he has a longish type of body and I doubt he would be able to get the ball out quicker than what we have seen this year.

I really like for us to start brennan this year and trade Jason to the Jets. That way we can also boost up our brennan's stock value and still get our 2nd rounder, 1st rounder on the field.

The mood for this year is not gonna come out right. I can sense it already. Jason Campbell's feeling a little inferior, Zorn's last year, another year wasted, Haynesworth's money going down the drain for the year, and us reaching the playoffs is a little too gloomy.

Archived