Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why We will draft Mark Sanchez

JazzConcert

LMAO.

He played one year at USC. Threw to wide open receivers and had all day to throw. Looked awful in their loss when he was under pressure for a change.

I'm a USC fan and I think Sanchez has potential. But he's only the quarterback of the moment because the qb crop is so thin. If we get him, I'll root for him, but he is so far from a sure thing it's not even funny.

Agree completely, the only reason Sanchez came out this year is because the QB crop is so thin...why do you think Sanchez waited to declare for the draft until he was sure that both Colt McCoy and Bradford were going to stay at their respective schools one more year. If Sanchez waited until next year, where McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, and Jevon Sneed come out, then he would be, arguably, the 3rd best QB...possibly the 4th best QB (depending how Sneed progresses)...of the draft next year. He wouldn't get nearly as big a pay day as he is going to get now. Sanchez coming out with so little experience is a purely economic decision on his part...makes sense for him, but not for the team drafting him.

IF JC doesn't pan out, why not wait until next year with a much better QB class. Get a solid O-line, give the receivers another year to develop, give Zorn another year to solidify his scheme, that way when and if we do get a QB he will be set up for success...not half-assing it with Sanchez. Going to be a bust, that's my opinion.

Really hope we don't waste this year AND next years draft (by trading up) by putting all of our eggs in the Sanchez basket...because if he doesn't pan out then this team is in the hurt box.

Hail.

Agree completely, the only reason Sanchez came out this year is because the QB crop is so thin...why do you think Sanchez waited to declare for the draft until he was sure that both Colt McCoy and Bradford were going to stay at their respective schools one more year. If Sanchez waited until next year, where McCoy, Bradford, Tebow, and Jevon Sneed come out, then he would be, arguably, the 3rd best QB...possibly the 4th best QB (depending how Sneed progresses)...of the draft next year. He wouldn't get nearly as big a pay day as he is going to get now. Sanchez coming out with so little experience is a purely economic decision on his part...makes sense for him, but not for the team drafting him.

IF JC doesn't pan out, why not wait until next year with a much better QB class. Get a solid O-line, give the receivers another year to develop, give Zorn another year to solidify his scheme, that way when and if we do get a QB he will be set up for success...not half-assing it with Sanchez. Going to be a bust, that's my opinion.

Really hope we don't waste this year AND next years draft (by trading up) by putting all of our eggs in the Sanchez basket...because if he doesn't pan out then this team is in the hurt box.

Hail.

Thank you! If we need a quarterback next year, when there's actually LEGITIMATE top-five players to choose from, then let's make our move then. Even if you hate Campbell, you can't say that he's a bottom-feeder because he clearly isn't. We can wait one more year and watch Campbell get even better, as he does every year.

Thank you! If we need a quarterback next year, when there's actually LEGITIMATE top-five players to choose from, then let's make our move then. Even if you hate Campbell, you can't say that he's a bottom-feeder because he clearly isn't. We can wait one more year and watch Campbell get even better, as he does every year.

Exactly.

McCoy + Bradford + Tebow + Sneed > Sanchez and Stafford

Why settle for a B QB when we can get a much better one next year IF JC doesn't pan out...

Exactly.

Why settle for a B QB when we can get a much better one next year IF JC doesn't pan out...

Thank you!I Agree, the fact that many fan give up on JC and want to act as dumb as our FO blows my mind!! Draft a LB at 13 ( Rey ) and if JC don't work after two years in the same system then get a QB! :doh:

I can't put my finger on it, but there is something about Mark Sanchez that screams B-U-S-T or at least a BIG learning curve, a la JaMarcus Russell.

Maybe it's his pretty-boy looks. A good QB should look a little rougher.

Like this?

13.dan.marino.jpg

I finally watched an oakland game today. Russell's stats don't do justice to just how terrible a qb he is. There isn't another starting qb who is near as bad. He was wildly off on dump offs to his rb. Any completions he made were because his receiver made incredible adjustments. Oakland, if anyone, should draft Sanchez. Sanchez, at the very least, won't suffer from lack of accuracy as bad as Russell does. I don't really want him on our team; I'd rather let another team take that risk.

Portis is the face of the franchise, we don't need anyone flashy. That has always been our problem under Snyder. We'll pick Sanchez instead of an o-lineman because o-lineman don't sell tickets.

Don't bother with it. These people are so in love with the safe picks that they then call Franchise QBs "sexy picks" and do anything they can to pick at a legitimate prospect's credentials and then sit there and tell you that Colt bleepin' McCoy and Tebow are better than Sanchez.

Third rounder, my behind. These people are high.

Meanwhile, NO ONE EVER TALKS about whether our possible LB or DE pick could be a bust. Because none of those ever bust out! LOL What if he turns into Derrick Johnson pt II, who was a 'guaranteed superstar?' Johnson is a good player but he's nothing like his draft status suggested. As for OTs, Colts got Ugoh in the second round. It's not too hard to pick up a quality RT ESPECIALLY in second or later rounds.

Meanwhile everyone acts like the entire line has to be first round, hall of fame picks or that there's such a thing as a "franchise SAM LB" in a 4-3!

I'm slowly but surely becoming convinced that Gibbs 1 turned many Skins fans stupid. They think if it worked then it can work now. That you can still win 3 SB's with 3 different mediocre QB's (I'm throwing Theisman in there for argument sakes. He was pretty money.) Completely ignoring that 16 of the last 20 SB winners had franchise QB's leading them. Ignoring the fact that due to the cap it's impossible to construct a Hog-like line these days. Completely ignoring the fact that Campbell will never be as good as those 3 mediocre QB's that we had then.

If they want to argue that you do need a franchise QB but that Sanchez isn't it, that's fine. That's a legitimate argument. But a majority of the arguments being made on here is that you don't need a franchise QB. Just a dominate line. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And based entirely on what occurred 20-30 years ago and has never been done since or before.

Here are the QB's of the last 20 SB winners:

Montana, Hostetler, Rypien, Aikman, Aikman, Young, Aikman, Favre, Elway, Elway, Warner, Dilfer, Brady, Brad Johnson, Brady, Brady, Roethlisberger, Manning P, Manning E, Roethlisberger

And I'm sure it can be taken to the beginning (Starr was a HOFer. Namath. Unitas. Etc.)

And notice that those 4 winners with the mediocre QB's never won again or if they did they got a franchise QB to do so (Eli.)

(And on a sidenot, McPimpin, I don't think I've ever conversed with you but you've possibly become my fav poster. In the Stadium at least. If I see your name on a post I always make sure to stop and read it.)

Campbell [will be the backup]. Just because they draft a QB doesn't mean that Campbell's going anywhere. You can't convince me that they are going with a rookie, a 1st year player and an old-as-dirt veteran as their QBs for next year.

I agree. I see Sanchez starting after there is no chance of making the playoffs, game 10 or so.

If we take any QB (not necessarily Sanchez) then Jason is GONE end of story.

Thanks for catching up! The whole point is NOT to take a quarterback.

Exactly.

Thank you!I Agree, the fact that many fan give up on JC and want to act as dumb as our FO blows my mind!! Draft a LB at 13 ( Rey ) and if JC don't work after two years in the same system then get a QB! :doh:

We should take Sanchez! When was the last time we had a qb that could make a play. You have to throw the ball down field to make a big play, and qbs with no confidence don't throw the ball down field they dump it off.

Cool, so take anyone. Quarterbacks do it all on their own and Sanchez has been hailed for YEARS as the second-coming of Sammy Baugh, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Sonny Jorgensen, and Jesus Christ.

Sanchez is just the best in THIS draft, he's NOT a top-rated quarterback in the past ten years. Wait until next year IF Campbell doesn't do it this year, and then we can talk because there will be some legitimate quarterbacks on the board.

I'm slowly but surely becoming convinced that Gibbs 1 turned many Skins fans stupid. They think if it worked then it can work now. That you can still win 3 SB's with 3 different mediocre QB's (I'm throwing Theisman in there for argument sakes. He was pretty money.) Completely ignoring that 16 of the last 20 SB winners had franchise QB's leading them. Ignoring the fact that due to the cap it's impossible to construct a Hog-like line these days. Completely ignoring the fact that Campbell will never be as good as those 3 mediocre QB's that we had then.

If they want to argue that you do need a franchise QB but that Sanchez isn't it, that's fine. That's a legitimate argument. But a majority of the arguments being made on here is that you don't need a franchise QB. Just a dominate line. Stupid, stupid, stupid. And based entirely on what occurred 20-30 years ago and has never been done since or before.

Wow your post felt like De Ja Vu. Didn't we have a similar post or discussion a year or two ago about some other QB prospect? I can't remember who it was though.

Living in England means I've never seen Sanchez play

What I will say is if we do draft him and he plays, he'd better hope

* Our O-line improves

* Thomas, Kelly and Davis step up to the plate - it'll be tough for a rookie QB to do well if no one is open

* He can get used to NFC East defenses asap

* He'd better be mobile, as he'll be running for his life most weeks

Otherwise he won't have a hope in hell

Signing him seems an almighty risk to me when Campbell could potentially be about to have his best season yet.

The reason we will trade up to draft Sanchez... WE'RE STUPID!!!

Absolutely. We almost were dumb enough to go for Russell. I don't think Sanchez is a bad quarterback, but we just don't need one. Plus it would show we are rebuilding which I don't think we are if we are signing $100M DT's.

Absolutely. We almost were dumb enough to go for Russell. I don't think Sanchez is a bad quarterback, but we just don't need one. Plus it would show we are rebuilding which I don't think we are if we are signing $100M DT's.

We were never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, EVER going after Russell. We worked him out just like every other team did.

Archived