Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Movie endings you would change and how.

Kilmer17

The family man...I think that's it.

Brief plot summary: Nicolas Cage is a successful businessman and a playboy, but he has no family. I think it's a bum (been a while since I saw the movie) thatcurses him to spend sometime in the life that might have been his. Anyway, he wakes up the next morning with his old girlfriend. He's got a totally hohum job, and typical family life complete with kids. He finds that he likes it.

Anyway with about 5 min left in the film Nicolas Cage goes to sleep. He's been told that after that day when he wakes up, he'll have his old life, the one where he is successful but not married and has no kids.

At the point where he goes to sleep, he is wondering what will happen when he wakesup...that's when the movie should have ended. Instead we get 5 min of tripe where he wakes up and makes every effort to win the heart of the woman he married in his alternate life. Of course they end up married so he can have the best of both worlds.

The movie should have ended at the earlier moment leaving the audiance to think about what we give up for the things we deem important in our lives. Up to that point in the movie, that's the message, and it's loud and clear as well as fairly well done. After that point, it's total Holleywood tripe. Sad, because it partly spoiled a prety decent flick.

Originally posted by codeorama

I would change the ending to "JFK" and have them find the evidence to prove the CIA, Mafia and FBI were all in on it...:silly:

Actually, it was Jackie O behind it. If you slow down the film of the shooting at the point where she's climbing along the back of the hood, you can distinctly read her lips where she says, "Take that, you cheating bas -tard!"

The very ending in Die Hard (a movie which I loved, though the sequels all SUCKED), where the blonde guy practically comes back to life, runs out shooting, and gets killed by cop who couldn't bring himself to aim his gun at anyone anymore. Too cheesy, trying to solve everybody's emotional problems in the last 2 minutes.

It's one of my all-time favorite movies, but opening the airlock at the end of Aliens didn't work for me. No way Ripley hangs on. Besides, it's the same freakin ending as the first one. A minor gripe, but there it is.

The end of Highlander was pretty ho-hum as well. The writer obviously didn't know what to make 'The Prize' and it sort of fizzled at the end. Still a great movie though.

Star Trek, Generations. The unstoppable, unkillable James T Kirk, survivor of numerous intergalatic plots and bad guys, falls off a bridge and dies. Give me a break. Of course that was brought to you by the same losers that are currently driving Star trek into the ground.

Some cool endings (I like the less than perfect ending)

War of the Roses - they both die at the end

Rocky - He loses

Live and Die in LA - A very mediocre movie, but you never knew who was gonna die next

So many great Sopranos episodes where loose ends never get tied up.

Nightmare on Elm St - A stupid movie, but at least the ending had an interesting twist

Originally posted by Air Sarge

Star Trek, Generations. The unstoppable, unkillable James T Kirk, survivor of numerous intergalatic plots and bad guys, falls off a bridge and dies. Give me a break. Of course that was brought to you by the same losers that are currently driving Star trek into the ground.

Totally agree with this one!! The movie was really great until they forced the meeting of Picard and Kirk, and then it self-destructed in stupidity!!!

How about the ending in Heat. The ending where Al Pacino ends up shooting Robert De Niro. Clearly De Niro had the better shot, but for some stupid reason that has to have the good guy win and ruin a very good movie up to that point. Good ending Arlington Road, good guy doesn’t win.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Some cool endings (I like the less than perfect ending)

War of the Roses - they both die at the end

Rocky - He loses

Live and Die in LA - A very mediocre movie, but you never knew who was gonna die next

So many great Sopranos episodes where loose ends never get tied up.

Nightmare on Elm St - A stupid movie, but at least the ending had an interesting twist

Strongly disagree about Rocky.

Thats what makes it a good and unique movie, IMHO. I believe Stallone fought tooth and nail to keep his ending - despite what the Hollywood wanted.

Hey Air Sarge, we can agree on this one.

What particularly p!ssed me off was that the movie was made by the TNG crew, and I took that killing off of Kirk as their callous way of ensuring that the original crew wouldn't stick around anymore.

All good things must end, and I would have been fine if the original crew finished with Star Trek IV (whales in SF). That movie finished on a nice open-ended note, with Kirk given a command again, and Kirk and Spock exiting together.

Now these TNG sh!theads have puked all over the punch table, and that's my lasting memory of the end of the party. Thanks, guys.

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Strongly disagree about Rocky.

Thats what makes it a good and unique movie, IMHO. I believe Stallone fought tooth and nail to keep his ending - despite what the Hollywood wanted.

Um, Dude, that's what I said. Reread the top of what you quoted from my post. I was giving examples of Cool Endings that I liked. How can you disagree that it's a cool ending, but then say that's what made it a good movie????:stop:

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Um, Dude, that's what I said. Reread the top of what you quoted from my post. I was giving examples of Cool Endings that I liked. How can you disagree that it's a cool ending, but then say that's what made it a good movie????:stop:

Sorry man, misread the beginning of your post.

:doh:

Generations: I refer to that scene as "Bridge to Captain Kirk".

The one Star Trek I want to change is The Glasnost Movie. (Somebody on the Enterprise is trying to sabotage peace between the Feds and the Klingons). Whadda you know, the bad guy turns out to be the new character we just introduced in this episode!

I want the bad guy to be Checkov: A character who was created with the description of "a young Kirk". When firing on the Klingons fails to start the war, I want somebody to beam over, and I want Kirk to go (to try to stop them), and materialize, phaser-to-phaser with Checkov. (The Klingons detect the second transporter, and begin trying to force the door).

I want Chekov to not think he's a bad guy: He thinks what he's doing is saving the Federation from the Klingon Menace. (He's surprised Kirk isn't in on it.)

I want to watch James T. Kirk explain the importance of allowing headquarters to determine policy, and following the chain of command (even when you think you know better.)

I want Kirk to realise that the Klingons will never believe that Checkov wasn't simply acting under Kirk's orders (and will think Kirk is simply sacrificing an expendable subordinate.)

I want Kirk to send Checkov back to the Enterprise, and "get caught" trying to rig a bomb. Kirk goes down in history as a guy who tried to start a war (Kirk knows he's innocent, but he also knows that his sacrifice will allow peace.)

Checkov goes back as a hero for stopping Kirk. (Knowing that Kirk actually took the blame for his fault.)

Spock knows what really happened. (Maybe some of the Feds and Klingons do, too. Or, maybe not.)

Air Sarge,

As mentioned in another thread, some of these "same losers" now have their sights on reimagining Battlestar Galactica (Ron Moore/David Eick). But I digress. :D

I just hate what they're doing to one of my favorite TV shows. Let it rest in peace, instead of what has been done to it.

What particularly p!ssed me off was that the movie was made by the TNG crew, and I took that killing off of Kirk as their callous way of ensuring that the original crew wouldn't stick around anymore.

All good things must end, and I would have been fine if the original crew finished with Star Trek IV (whales in SF). That movie finished on a nice open-ended note, with Kirk given a command again, and Kirk and Spock exiting together.

Now these TNG sh!theads have puked all over the punch table, and that's my lasting memory of the end of the party. Thanks, guys.

Holy crap, ASF! We actually agree on something?!?! Quick, someone call Ripley's!!

I would have had no problem if the originals had ended things with VI. Not the best of the TOS movies, but adequate. That one could have been made better if they had brought back the character of Savvik and had her be the bad guy instead of Valeris. Would have kept people guessing a little more that way, but it was good that Kirk went out fighting in that movie. Generations would have been better if they had added a scene showing some of the millions of people on that planet that Kirk saved seeing the Nexus coming toward them and preparing to meet their makers, then showing Kirk stop it and show it dissapate in the atmosphere in the nick of time.

I thought the end of Spider-Man was pretty dumb.

Of course he gets with her in the long run. Why try to lie to all the kiddies?

And KILLING the bad guys? How can they have their revenge?

That was one thing that bothered me about Batman. The Joker and Batman duel for years...but in the movies he's dead in a matter of weeks.

Oh yeah, I hated the ending to "The Hulk"

I didn't see it yet but I'm sure I'll hate it.

I wasn't too crazy about the ending to Cast Away. At least have Tom Hanks grab the new volleyball and say "Wilson, which way should we go?".

Actually, I wanted him to turn around and follow the chick in the truck.

Archived