Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help?!?! Acoustic/Electric Guitars: Best Bang for the Buck

CRobi21

Need some help out there fellow strummers. I'm really interested in getting a new acoustic/electric guitar and wanted some input on any of you who have found some nice ones for not that expensive. I'd probably look to sell my old acoustic and old fender amp to get it.

Any help would be appreciated!

What kind of music do you play? If you like a bassier, fuller sound, go for a dreadnought style. If you like finger picking and a little bit brighter of a sound, go for a cut-away. A good acoustic electric to learn on and grow with, just from personal experience, is an Epiphone EJ-160E (john lennon signature guitar).

Also, Martin, Larrivee, and Taylor are great choices. I just wouldn't get a fender acoustic; kind of unimpressive.

What kind of music do you play? If you like a bassier, fuller sound, go for a dreadnought style. If you like finger picking and a little bit brighter of a sound, go for a cut-away. A good acoustic electric to learn on and grow with, just from personal experience, is an Epiphone EJ-160E (john lennon signature guitar).

Also, Martin, Larrivee, and Taylor are great choices. I just wouldn't get a fender acoustic; kind of unimpressive.

Thanks man. I try to play pretty much everything. Not sure about going professional, but I love music, and love playing. But I'd definately go with a dreadnought if I had to choose.

Yeah man, definitely play the guitar first...even if you have to make a trip somewhere...hit up a Sam Ash or Guitar Center or Washington Music...

a guitar can feel different to everybody; you may find something else that's better in the process too.

Takamine makes pretty good stuff...sometimes hit or miss...but I've played some really solid ones that blew me away for the price.

I think I've already have my mind made up, haha.

The Takamini G Series 340C is looking very attractive to me right now.

Thanks for those who helped.

I will second the Takamine. I am in the market to upgrade my acoustic. So, I played several different models yesterday. I loved the Takamine I played. Of course I picked out the most expensive model they had in stock. :doh:

But while I was playing this guy was hanging out and watching me...:paranoid:...then I talked to the owner of the store about price and left. The guy that was watching me followed me into the parking lot. :paranoid:. Apparently, he had just talked to the owner about buying back his guitar. He was having some financial difficulty and bought this guitar last year:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-TAK-TAN16C

He showed it to me. It was in his car. It looked brand new. So, I asked how much he wanted for it. He said the store owner had offered him $800 and he was pissed because that was 1/2 of what he paid for it last year. He said he would sell it to me for $900. So, I told him I wanted to plug it and play it to check it out. I am doing that on Monday and if all goes well I will buy it!

Hopefully all goes well! Right place at the right time...sometimes we get lucky

I'll also suggest a takamine. I have one of their classical acoustics (cd132sc) that's been my favorite guitar for the last 8 years or so and it's held up to the abuse I've given it pretty well.

I also used to have a Dean acoustic guitar that was right around $400 that I was pretty impressed with, but I ended up giving it to my brother because I'm playing a lot more banjo than guitar these days.

I think I've already have my mind made up, haha.

The Takamini G Series 340C is looking very attractive to me right now.

Thanks for those who helped.

I bought the TAN 16c. It has a very warm sound when running through an amp thanks to the tube it uses. All of my friends that have played it really love it.

Archived