Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins On The Clock

return2glory

yeah i posted on that. mosely is an idiot.

the last thing we need to do is waste picks/money on the D Line.

our defense was awesome last year - how about we get some o linemen to protect campbell? how about we decide if DT and MK are going to be our answer to the needed 'Big WR' position? How about we invest in a running back thats fast, young, and can take some weight off the shoulder of an aging, beat up clinton portis (or decide of ledell bets is that guy)?

If we're going to go with defensive guys, how about we get some LB's to make up for washington's fall from 'good', and some guys to support the undersized fletcher?

How about we make some plays for special teams guys? you know, kickers and punters that don't suck?

There's a million things we can do besides spend our first pick on a D Lineman.

Whats sad is vinny and dannyboy are just as dumb as Mosely, and its possible Mosely is right inw hat they'll do....

you know who drafts smart?

the patriots, the giants, the steelers, and the colts.

You know who's a possible super bowl contender year in and year out, and who's won a superbowl in the last 10 years (if not more than one)?

the patriots, the steelers, the giants, and the colts...

you know who sucks at drafting?

the Redskins

you know who is rarely even considered a playoff contender, and when they get into the playoffs they flop?

the Redskins...

You know who's responsible for the Redskins draft, regardless of who's holding the title of 'Head Coach'?

Cerato and Snyder...

i see a pattern emerging...

yeah i posted on that. mosely is an idiot.

the last thing we need to do is waste picks/money on the D Line.

our defense was awesome last year - how about we get some o linemen to protect campbell? how about we decide if DT and MK are going to be our answer to the needed 'Big WR' position? How about we invest in a running back thats fast, young, and can take some weight off the shoulder of an aging, beat up clinton portis (or decide of ledell bets is that guy)?

If we're going to go with defensive guys, how about we get some LB's to make up for washington's fall from 'good', and some guys to support the undersized fletcher?

How about we make some plays for special teams guys? you know, kickers and punters that don't suck?

There's a million things we can do besides spend our first pick on a D Lineman.

Whats sad is vinny and dannyboy are just as dumb as Mosely, and its possible Mosely is right inw hat they'll do....

Who is our current LDE? Seriously, how can people think we don't have a need on both sides of the line?

Who is our current LDE? Seriously, how can people think we don't have a need on both sides of the line?

you know that guy Wynn? The guy we just signed?

If we didn't want him as our LDE, why did we sign him?

(i'm not against the answer being: because our organization is run by bunch of idiots)

and besides - there's a difference between needing to upgrade a position, and spending your first round draft pick on a part of your team you also just dropped $100 million on....

at this rate, we'll have this amazing D line for the first half of every game, but thent hey'll suck the second half cause they'll be so tired - why? because our O line will still SUCK and we wont be able to get mroe than 1 first down (if that) when we get teh ball because our QB is treated like a ragdoll. forcing our d to be ont he field all the time.

Then the fans will call for our QB's head, because they think someone else could do a much better job when they get sacked 38 times in a 16 game season.....

Give me a break, how about we spread out where we drop all our money, instead of concentrating it in one aspect of the side of the ball we're fine in.

drop some goddamn money on our O line and something to help portis out - defense can win you games - but they wont win all of them. At some point we need to address the fact taht we don't score points- and that its probably because our QB gets treated like a ragdoll by every team we play against. coupled with the fact that 1/2 through the season our RB is useless because every yard he gets he has to fight 110% for, because our O line can't open a hole big enough for a frog to hop through.

Are you serious? Renaldo Wynn is not a starter in this league anymore. He's a locker room guy who provides depth. We do not have two starting quality DE's on our roster.

We don't have two starting quality OT's either... but if I had to compare the two, I'd rather have Heyer/Jansen starting at RT then Wynn at LDE.

If they take someone at either position though, we should be happy. I'm more concerned about them taking a CB or a safety, or something really stupid because of the "value." :doh:

I think o-line is a bigger need than d-line at this point. I think Daniels and Wynn can hold down the fort for the year. I'm not so sure about Jansen/Heyer at RT. Jansen is getting older and Heyer hasn't been consistent enough yet. Plus, Samuels probably doesn't have a whole lot of years left in the tank either. We need to start bringing in young guys on the o-line this year. Next year we can get some youth on the d-line. But we've spent enough money on defense this year. Now lets work on the offense, since that was the problem last year anyway.

Agreed.

To be honest, if we can get a stud DE and LB, our defense will go from "good" to "dominant" and that will make life even easier on our offense.

We've locked up Hall and Haynesworth so far. If we get a guy who can get to the QB (especially playing next to AH), then we've taken it up a notch on D.

That will give our YOUNG offense (Campbell, Thomas, Kelly, Davis, Cooley, etc.) time to figure it out. Ideally, we could play games like Baltimore and Pittsburgh play and only ask for 17 points from Campbell and company!

we havent drafted a dlineman on day one of the draft in 12 years. itll be 13 years after april 25th.

lol sad but true. Only way I see us drafting DL in the first is if a good Tackle is still on the board.

Agreed.

To be honest, if we can get a stud DE and LB, our defense will go from "good" to "dominant" and that will make life even easier on our offense.

We've locked up Hall and Haynesworth so far. If we get a guy who can get to the QB (especially playing next to AH), then we've taken it up a notch on D.

That will give our YOUNG offense (Campbell, Thomas, Kelly, Davis, Cooley, etc.) time to figure it out. Ideally, we could play games like Baltimore and Pittsburgh play and only ask for 17 points from Campbell and company!

I won't be upset with a lineman on either side fo the ball, is all i'm saying. You could make a case for either position. It won't send me into a tizzy if we draft a DE.

you know that guy Wynn? The guy we just signed?

If we didn't want him as our LDE, why did we sign him?

Depth or desperation? Wynn is no longer a starter in this league.

We have serious holes at OT, DE, and OLB and need depth at several other positions... primarily on the OL and LB but also on the DL and at RB.

Sorry to say it but this is the year that the ineptness catches up to us.

I won't be upset with a lineman on either side fo the ball, is all i'm saying. You could make a case for either position. It won't send me into a tizzy if we draft a DE.

I would prefer o-line, but I guess as long as its a position that we need, I won't be too upset. If we draft a QB, WR, RB, or DB, I will want to punch Vinny in the face!

Depth or desperation? Wynn is no longer a starter in this league.

We have serious holes at OT, DE, and OLB and need depth at several other positions... primarily on the OL and LB but also on the DL and at RB.

Sorry to say it but this is the year that the ineptness catches up to us.

Yea... its always a problem when you have more holes than picks in the draft. :doh:

Vinny sucks... so does Dan.

The sooner Danny and Vinny realize that you shouldn't put yourself in the position to draft for need, every stinkin year, the better.

Good franchises try to have servicable players everywhere, or at least strong plans to get those players after the draft. That way, when the actual draft comes, you have some flexibility to trade up (wouldn't that be nice, for Orakpo), trade down for more picks, or just be patient and see what falls to you.

The Skins don't put themselves in a good position. They put themselves in a position that says they have to get a few guys, and those guys have to pan out, or we're going to have major proglems.

Ugh.

but if I had to compare the two, I'd rather have Heyer/Jansen starting at RT then Wynn at LDE.

You got it the wrong way around. If our RT gets beat every play our O does nothing. If our LDE stops the run but doesn't get pressure our DTs/Carter/blitzer may and even if they don't our great DBs (and as a group we are better than most) may. Fletcher could read the play and break it up who knows but it only needs 1 part to make something happen on D. The RT position is involved in every play and if we suck there we won't win when it counts.

nice to see so many intelligent people that think the best strategy is to dump all your money, and yoru first pick in the draft, into the same part of the same side of the ball, when that was the only part of your team that did anything decent the previous season....

lol... awesome.

not a single one of you think we should spread around our resources? (read: money, draft picks) you all think we should just dump it into the same position?

sounds like a bunch of dannyboy/cerato yesmen...

'of course mr. cerato - lets spend everything we've got on our d line. sure, our offense wont score any more points this season than last, and our defense will eventually get tired from being on the field so much. oh and when it comes time for a clutch kick or punt, we have absoltuely noone to rely on. and come game 8, our current oline will be decimated, portis will have an injury to every body part, and campbell will look like trash from running around like a chicken with his head cut off because he has no protection. but who cares!'

you do realize our defense is fine, right?

are you guys just ignorant? you realize our defense was good enough, that if we scored 24 points a game last year we would have had one ofthe best records in the league, if not the best?

you realize that?

you must not... because you'd rather dump your resources into the defense... and not into the side of hte ball that scores points....

After not getting Cutler if we see Sanchez there at 13 we take him no question. If Stafford and Sanchez are both gone then we should go offensive line if one of the tackles is still there. If a tackle isn't there lets drop back and try and pickup more bodies. I'm not sold on the need for LB or defensive line help at that pick

thats true. we do have needs on both sides. but most feel the oline is more pressing, especially with how the offense fizzles down the stretch last year. if i had to rank them. the oline is more pressing.

Archived