Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Profanity in the workplace

Zguy28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As for the day care, too many of America's two year olds are pansies and they need to toughen up. We need to start exposing them and testing them and hardening them up to the realities of the world.

Right on. Let's get xbox's into those preschools, load up COD, and prepare all those Momma's boys and Daddy's girls for the real world.

Profanity is inappropriate and unprofessional in the workplace. Use of it only demonstrates a person's inability to express themselves verbally.

This applies to life in general as well. If an ******* can't communicate in public without a plethora of ****s, ****s, and ****es then those ****s should stay the **** home.

I am bilingual, in English and profanity. I can string together a sentence using the F word as a noun, verb, and adjective, and probably a few other grammar definitions I have forgotten about.

Saying that ,I do try to curb it at work, but they still come out. I won't say to my boss, get the F over here I have to show you something, but pretty much everyone in my office swears from time to time.

I see nothing wrong with it, they are just words, and if it offends you, then grow up and deal with it. The problem with regulating something that might offend someone else is an offense is personal and different with every person.

I am offended at the colonge some guys wear, or the fat guy who wears shorts and a tank top on warm summer days and I find the smell of coffee offensive, but I would never ask my co workers to stop or halt anything they do just to appease me, that would be selfish. I try to be considerate and hope it's reciprocated.

I'm surpised. I would never have thought there would be more people saying it's ok.

I guss I am an old fogie, but then I knew that. I still open doors for others, take off my hat inside, and say "please." What's more I surround myself with similar people if I can. I know dropping a curse while I'm in an interview won't help the applicant in my eyes.

I am bilingual, in English and profanity. I can string together a sentence using the F word as a noun, verb, and adjective, and probably a few other grammar definitions I have forgotten about.

Saying that ,I do try to curb it at work, but they still come out. I won't say to my boss, get the F over here I have to show you something, but pretty much everyone in my office swears from time to time.

I see nothing wrong with it, they are just words, and if it offends you, then grow up and deal with it. The problem with regulating something that might offend someone else is an offense is personal and different with every person.

This is pretty much what I was going to say.

Having worked in sales offices, its just fine there around colleagues.

Around clients, i usually let them break the seal, then it's weapons free.

I did have one boss who was a 4'11 lady who swore so much that it was a bit uncomfortable, even for me. I probably swear in the 90th percentile, she was easily in the top 1% of all people.

Archived