Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dodge Charger or Challenger? (update on post 66)

Tour of Duty

Op, if you can handle some of the flak you'll get from owning a 4 cylinder you may want to consider a turbo toybox. mazdaspeed3, caliber srt4, subaru wrx, etc. it will have more room then the muscles, get better gas mileage, probably be cheaper and can definately hold there own against the charger and challenger rt.

My point was the Charger is much bigger than those cars. MORE ROOM

If you get a Charger or Challenger just get the v8. I have a v6 charger and I regret getting the v6 after learning that the hemi's mds system gives it about the same gas mileage as the v6. You should check out Lxforums.com and see all the info on all the lx bodies out. Magnums, Chargers, Challengers and 300s.

Correct, the Charger R/T has the cylinder deactivation technology, so when you are cruising at a set speed, the computer shuts down 4 of the cylinders. I drove from Waldorf all the way to Orlando on two tanks of gas in a Car with a 350 horsepower V8.

LOL those small cars are very fast but they are RICERS most of the people who have them are young chumps that put a 4 foot wing on the back and a fart can exhaust pipes, i'll pass.

If you want to generalize people who drive ricers vs. people who drive muscle cars we can do that...

It's not too hard.:silly:

LOL those small cars are very fast but they are RICERS most of the people who have them are young chumps that put a 4 foot wing on the back and a fart can exhaust pipes, i'll pass.

small cars? 3000 plus pounds isnt that small last time i checked. but i can see what kind of person you are now from the ricer statement. maybe you should learn a little bit about what your talking about before you make such ignorant statements.

small cars? 3000 plus pounds isnt that small last time i checked. but i can see what kind of person you are now from the ricer statement. maybe you should learn a little bit about what your talking about before you make such ignorant statements.

With the small statements I am kinda wrong but to me my car is 4100 pounds its really big to an fault.

I am sorry if I pissed anybody off those cars they all are not a ricers only when you add 5 foot spoilers everywhere a super loud annoying exhaust that farts its way all the way down the street zooming in and out of lanes I am sorry I hate it and people who do that most the time are young kids that think its fast & furious and most the time the car is not even fast.

But stock or slightly modded mazda3's, civics, and corollas are great cars and very reliable.

the STi, Evos is a speed demons off the line I just don't understand that horrific spoiler thats on the back.

I am a biased towards american muscle and hope it stay's around. Poniacs, Mopars and chevys.

With the small statements I am kinda wrong but to me my car is 4100 pounds its really big to an fault.

I am sorry if I pissed anybody off those cars they all are not a ricers only when you add 5 foot spoilers everywhere a super loud annoying exhaust that farts its way all the way down the street zooming in and out of lanes I am sorry I hate it and people who do that most the time are young kids that think its fast & furious and most the time the car is not even fast.

But stock or slightly modded mazda3's, civics, and corollas are great cars and very reliable.

the STi, Evos is a speed demons off the line I just don't understand that horrific spoiler thats on the back.

I am a biased towards american muscle and hope it stay's around. Poniacs, Mopars and chevys.

i get what your saying. i didnt mean to jump at you. there is a big difference between ricers and enthusiasts. ricers are the guys who take a civic ex and add parts from wal mart to their car, and brag about how vtec is the fastorz!!!11 lol. or the guys who take cars that are clearly not performance oriented and try to make them appear like their vipers. this applies to both foreign and domestic makes. i agree with the spoiler on the older sti's are rediculous. im more into the new sti's in the hatch version.

but thats neither here nor there. im also a huge muscle car guy myself, and also a mopar or no car type of guy. i always will be. right now id love to have an srt8, any of them! but i dont have the money for the car plus gas.

I respectfully have to disagree with you. The reason being, did NASCAR ever outlaw the LS Engine?

The Hemi engine is an extremely powerful (and gas guzzling) design.

You're referring to the Hemi from the 60's and 70's. That is not what is in current Mopars; the current Hemi is a kinda-sorta Hemi. The LS engines are better even stock, plus there is a huge after-market for making them even more potent. Anyway, I'd take a Max Wedge over a vintage Hemi in a street car, because the old Hemis were notoriously unreliable. The extra horsepower wouldn't be worth the effort for me.

Your right but if your talking about a GTO the car is stupid fast and its just well plain fast. Thats the problem its PLAIN IS HELL the thing looks like a sunfire. The GTO should have had much better styling cause its engine is impressive its the fastest performance car for the money but looks like ****.

Then buy a used Trans Am or Camaro. The LS1 is almost the same as a the LS2 except for the displacement, 5.7L vs. 6.0L. Ever had a black T/A with Ram Air pull up behind you? It looks like satan is in your rear view mirror. :evilg: Plus, the F-body cars were several hundred pounds lighter than the GTO was. What good is 50 extra horsepower when you've got that extra fat to haul around?

Archived