Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you look at Jason's stats he improves but as year's go on the "OL" type stats drop

kiingspadee

OK so I do think that Jason Campbell COULD be a helluva lot better - but for some reason he can't really make that leap forward. However, looking at his stats I notice something.

So here are some notable stats

Games - 7

Attempts - 207

Completions - 110

% - 53.1

Yds - 1,297

TDS - 10

INT - 6

Int % - 2.9

Sack - 7

Rate - 76.5

Rush Yards - 107

Fumbles - 1

Games - 13

Attempts - 417

Completions - 250

% - 60.0

YDS - 2,700

TDS - 12

INT - 11

INT % - 2.6

Sack - 21

Rate - 77.6

Rush Yards - 185

Fumbles - 5

Games - 16

Attempts - 506

Completions - 315

% - 62.3

YDS - 3,245

TDS - 13

INT - 6

INT % - 1.2

Sack - 38

Rate - 84.3

Rush YDS - 258

Fumbles - 0

Do you notice something? He has a steady incline in % and touchdowns (but for the record - that is really poor when alot of QBs are throwing 20+) His INT % is dropping, his rating is going up, hell even his rush yards are improving a great deal.

What is the significant stat though? Oh did you notice in 2006 he was sacked 7 times, 21 in 2007 and last year a total 38 times. 38 TIMES. 38. let that sink in. That is alot of sacks. It is kind of hard for JC to improve and get the ball to our guys when he is hitting dirt that much. He is probably not mentally tough because he seems skitish back there sometimes - and 38 times...well that sucks.

Yes I do think if he cannot improve this year then he is what he is. BUT please give the man some credit - he is improving - but he also is no Peyton or Brady. Also how many offenses has he run? This WILL be his what first time ever running the same offense twice in a row (correct me if I am wrong) so maybe this will be a good thing.

Now for the record - I would much rather have Cutler - but I don't see us snagging him.

So point being - as you can see - it is NOT all JC's fault. Some of it does go to the OL.

Let's just leave it at this next yr if Jason doesn't step up his contract is up and were not obligated to keep him. There will be a slew of great college QBs coming out can you say Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow, and Sam Bradford from Oklahoma. That is the way I approach this situation now give Campbell one more year to show what he's got.

I am in agreement with everyone that we need to upgarde the offensive line. I think our biggest need on the o-line is RT by far. Jansen is done as far as I am concerned. But I will not sit here and say that complete fault of Campbell having a decline is soley on the offensive line. I think Campbell is just as much at fault with his slow reads and poorly thrown passes. He has one more year to proove me wrong if not then I am done with him.

When the QB calls the protections, then a large share of the blame falls on him or the coach who entrusts the him in making those calls.

Oh of course, let's not forget however, if someone can't do his job to make the protection thus making calling the protection completely and utterly moot.

In 05 when we went to the playoffs, the O-line played it's best fooball in the last 5 games to help get us in the playoffs. Gibbs last year the O-line had it's problems but once Campbell got hurt in the bears game and Todd came in, it looked like we had a whole new line out there. Sorry man I have to disagree, Campbell is a back up QB at best. There are to many things on the feild that he can not do that a NFL QB is to know how to do. He is 28yrs old how long do we give him? We traded up in the draft to get a QB that cant even slide and this is the guy we are going to win a Superbowl with? Yea Ok!

Oh of course, let's not forget however, if someone can't do his job to make the protection thus making calling the protection completely and utterly moot.

You can only draw that conclusion after replacing the QB and having similar or worse results. The end of 2007 suggests that we would have vastly better results.

Man it is funny you posted this I was looking at the same thing on NFL.com. I think the line aged before he was prepared. It would have been great if we upgraded the oline a couple of years ago. I believe everything would have been clickingby now. I also noticed the sacks. Poor coach gibbs I think if he had stayed one more year the season would have been different because he would have coached us through the slup instead we had Portis and Zorn fighting in the media. I always said Dockery leaving 2 years ago hurt us more then we realized. I am glad he is back now let's get us a Rt tackle and see what happens. I always said it was not Jason fault more then the line. If we want to see what a line looks like check out the Dallasvs 49ers on NFL network. I hated both teams but damn they were good. Plus they both played with the intensity I have not seen in this team since Cooke sold to Dan.

I am in agreement with everyone that we need to upgarde the offensive line. I think our biggest need on the o-line is RT by far. Jansen is done as far as I am concerned. But I will not sit here and say that complete fault of Campbell having a decline is soley on the offensive line. I think Campbell is just as much at fault with his slow reads and poorly thrown passes. He has one more year to proove me wrong if not then I am done with him.

I agree that is fair if the team protects better then they did in the past

Except I dont believe Campbell was doing protection calls in Saunders' offense.

Exactly my point. Simply having a functional QB would keep the defense honest and allow for far better production. Layer on the responsibility of calling protection assignments to an already inept QB and the result are even worse.

Exactly my point. Simply having a functional QB would keep the defense honest and allow for far better production. Layer on the responsibility of calling protection assignments to an already inept QB and the result are even worse.

Didn't Rabach call the protection so Campbell would have less to think about? Guess he was still overtaxed.

The end of 2007 suggests that we would have vastly better results.

:nono:

more unsubstantiated rheortic

it ignores facts like how the Defense played better those last 4 games, more turnovers, fewer yards and points allowed

or shows TC stats weren't that much better than JC's last 5 games... including a 8 for 22 performance against the Giants. Or TC avg more sacks per game than JC in '07.... in fact TC best stat was zero int in 3 1/2 games.... something JC detractors says isn't important in evaluating JC's performance in '08

When the QB calls the protections, then a large share of the blame falls on him or the coach who entrusts the him in making those calls.

Keep in mind that Zorn himself said that the OL was losing the INDIVIDUAL battles, not that we weren't calling the right kind of protections. If your guys on the OL are getting beaten or manhandled on a regular basis in one on one battles, it really doesn't matter what sort of protection you call. The only option you then have is keeping extra guys in to block, which is what the Skins ended up having to do. So then you lose the guy (Cooley) who is possibly your most reliable weapon because the OL can't keep their blocks apparently no matter how many are rushing. I remember the sack Baltimore had against the Skins when rushing 3 GUYS. 3. And our 5 couldn't stop them. That is simply poor OL play. No way around it.

We talk about everthing except the most important thing the team has a whole must have

ATTITUDE=we can win and were going to kick your butt on this field today

DESIRE= I want this so bad I will work hard every play to win

PRESERVERANCE=You may be a great team but I am not going to let you win this game and we going to beat you.

I don't see that on the offensive side of the ball. and when the offense sucks the defense loose the top three

Archived