Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you deal with irritability and frustration?

Big Weirdo

I'm highly annoyed today. This comes and goes with me. One day I'm fine and can easily deal with things that come my way. Then out of nowhere I just feel like breaking something. For no reason either.

Example : two of my good friends live in Leesburg (about 25 miles from me). They asked me to come visit today. Normally I'd be fine but today I just got frustrated and asked them why do I constantly have to make the effort to go down there when they never come up here. Now they don't have cars right now and I'm aware of that. So I feel so bad about snapping like that. And I can't explain why either.

I hate that I get like this because generally I'm easy going but I get hit with this feeling of frustration like a ton of bricks. Does anyone have suggestions for this?

lol @ skins

You need a hug. Lol. Nah. I'm the same way. It's frustrating that I get frustrated over the smallest things. I've just learned to let things go, and everything turns out to be back to normal.

That's the thing too. I get annoyed that I get annoyed making me even more annoyed. That is, well, annoying.

Have you ever taken a personality test? Like Myers Briggs?

Do you like to feel appreciated? Do other's opinion of you matter?

If so, you may have a tendency to want to avoid conflicts, thus having emotions and feelings bottle up until they erupt in feelings of anxiety and frustration.

Sorry to Dr. Phill ya, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Have you ever taken a personality test? Like Myers Briggs?

Do you like to feel appreciated? Do other's opinion of you matter?

If so, you may have a tendency to want to avoid conflicts, thus having emotions and feelings bottle up until they erupt in feelings of anxiety and frustration.

Sorry to Dr. Phill ya, I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I avoid conflict. I'm a big *****. That much is true. I hate arguing and fighting.

my girl says i let too many things get to me so i have been trying to just calm myself down by saying its not a big deal.

but honestly i just feel like i am pushing it down and then i get really pissed off at something and fly off the handle. so i have been getting really mad at the gym and taking it out on the weights.

the GF says that the more i put in to habit not getting upset the more likely it will become natural.

I avoid conflict. I'm a big *****. That much is true. I hate arguing and fighting.

So what's happening is that you are avoiding conflict (in this instance telling your friends to come your way once in a while) which is leading to your stress to rise.

I have the same issue. It's something to take note of or you may have relationship issues all your life.

It's not wrong, it's just your personality.

Several techniques--

Pick a good angry CD and sing really loudly.

Pick up some brushes and paint or sketch.

Exercise.

Create a really random angry thread on Extremeskins that no one quite gets, but still stirs up a minor hornet's nest.

Rant. Write a commentary about whatever is bugging me and turn it into cash. If something is worth bugging me I might as well get paid for it.

laugh. Find something absurd, funny, brilliant.

Take a walk.

Count my blessings and realize that life really is pretty good even if I don't have all I want.

Lots o other things.

Archived