Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys sign another linebacker

slinky

didnt see this posted anywhere.

http://thelandryhat.com/2009/03/03/cowboys-sign-another-linebacker/

The Dallas Cowboys signed another linebacker today, this one lesser known who did not even play football in 2008.

Matt Stewart signed a one-year contract and was released by the Arizona Cardinals during their final roster cuts in 2008. He is 29 and the Atlanta Falcons picked him in the fourth round of the draft in 2001. He played four seasons there and three in Cleveland.

He played in 93 games and had one interceptions and eight sacks. Stewart adds depth and assures that the Cowboys will NOT be acquiring Ray Lewis.

this should put the pukes over the top.

I like this. Wade is signing the blue collar guys who don't need the spot light to play football. No more Pac Mans or Tanks. We still have T.O. but at least he can play.

This team needs football players ... not more athletes.

Need guys who want to win not just looking for another pay day.

Hell Brooking and Stewart have ACTUALLY WON A PLAYOFF GAME. Unlike 99.9 % of the roster.

I love it when people call a player blue collar because theyve never heard of them before. This guy isnt even a player...

Who hasn't heard of Matt Stewart before????

He has 60 starts in the NFL. He won't start here and probably won't see the field much due to lack of pass covering skills.

He however had his best year of his career under Wade. He is coming off some bad injuries. So it's a no risk with a reward type deal.

Similar to Pac and Tank, but he comes with zero baggage. Which is what I like about it.

Similar to Pac and Tank, but he comes with zero baggage. Which is what I like about it.

I usually try and stay out of these types of threads.

But the above comment just made me chuckle.

As a matter of fact I was going to list some reasons why, but I would simply be writing what has been said many times in the ATN about Pac and Tank.

If he is similar to those two I guess he will be around for the year and let go next off season after displaying disappointing results.

I usually try and stay out of these types of threads.

But the above comment just made me chuckle.

As a matter of fact I was going to list some reasons why, but I would simply be writing what has been said many times in the ATN about Pac and Tank.

If he is similar to those two I guess he will be around for the year and let go next off season after displaying disappointing results.

Well Pac and Tank at least got a year. Stewart might not even make it past camp.

The pukes' off-season has been a yawn.

Jerruh needs as much cash as he can to re-sign Where.

And keep up the cash flow to the glitz and glamor "Your Name Here" stadium. Jerry could not have picked a worst time to have to launch a place like that.

In years to come it may be the last of the palatial stadiums.

Can you imagine trying to sell luxury boxes in this economy?

While the Cowboys are bringing in LB's what's the deal with letting Burnett leave?

In addition to the Chargers and Raiders, the Packers reportedly have "strong interest" in free agent LB Kevin Burnett.

The Packers view Burnett as an outside linebacker, a position he hasn't played in the pros. They'd probably be better off letting him sign elsewhere. Green Bay needs rushers and Burnett has just four sacks in four seasons.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

While the Cowboys are bringing in LB's what's the deal with letting Burnett leave?

In addition to the Chargers and Raiders, the Packers reportedly have "strong interest" in free agent LB Kevin Burnett.

The Packers view Burnett as an outside linebacker, a position he hasn't played in the pros. They'd probably be better off letting him sign elsewhere. Green Bay needs rushers and Burnett has just four sacks in four seasons.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Similar to Canty he will be simply over paid. He was our best cover linebacker, but it's not worth to pay him to be a half the time player. Burnett is going to be a damn good Linebacker if he stays healthy a full season and gets to play full time.

Archived