Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowherd Destroying Us and Dallas

diesel22

Well, if we would stop trading 2nd round picks for one injury-plagued low production year out of a player, he probably would have less fodder.

Until then, I can hardly expect otherwise.

Maybe we can wish players didn't get hurt in training camp. But it would probably be like wishing fans could view the entire picture.

(By the way, last year was Taylor's first injury, and a freak one at that. Up til then, he had started something like 290 straight games.)

~Bang

Giving mad love to mangenius and the Browns. Said he is cleaning out the garbage. Winslow out, trying to get rodgers out. Mangenius is trying to get the Browns out of the "Redskinesque' hole" that they dug themselves by trading away draft picks. Said mangenius was furious about the picks romeo traded away

ManJOKE fan? His draft & trade history/record is garbage. The man traded away the teams playmaker and most reliable hands on the team and he's a genius? Good luck to that organization.

ManJOKE fan? His draft & trade history/record is garbage. The man traded away the teams playmaker and most reliable hands on the team and he's a genius? Good luck to that organization.

I think the verdict is still out on mangini. As for the prior administration there.....ANY change was a change for the better. The only thing is....not really gonna be able to judge mangini for a couple yrs because his hands are tied due to HORRIBLE decisions by the prior regime thand will handcuff that team in the near future.

As for Winslow...I truly hope you're kidding. Look up cancer in the dictionary and he is chillin right next to T.O. --- Playmaker? Serious? The man had 11 td's in FIVE SEASONS. If you think that type of production is worth the endless stream of distracting, selfish off the field antics he is synonymous with....be my guest. There is a reason Joe Gibbs passed on him and took ST instead. In ST he saw someone who might have been misguided, but at the core wasn't a bad character guy. Winslow on the other hand...was (and is). A shining example of the hype machine and if Kellen Sr. was truly honest I am sure he would admit he is embarrassed.

Still remember how hot he was when we passed on him in the draft. Saying Gibbs promised him we were gonna take him. Let's see.....whose word would you take? One of the most honorable men to ever walk the sidelines of this league.....or the self-proclaimed 'soldier' :doh:. And who did we take on day TWO of that yr's draft? Oh that's right.....some kid out of Utah State. :D Man I really wish we would have pulled the trigger on "K2" instead of this joker who wears 47.......

Maybe we can wish players didn't get hurt in training camp. But it would probably be like wishing fans could view the entire picture.

(By the way, last year was Taylor's first injury, and a freak one at that. Up til then, he had started something like 290 straight games.)

~Bang

And it was a life-threatening injury that lasted nearly the entire season. As dissapointing as it was to hear that we couldn't come and workout the majority of the offseason for $8 million and a spot beside Albert Haynesworth next season, at least he got out there and played as hard as he could with a bum calf in a completely new system and completely new role.

Personally, I was expecting an exciting year if he were healthy again next season and if Blache really decided to utilize him differently like he has said...just as excited as I was (and most of the fanbase was) last summer when I heard he was coming here.

But they had us winning around 5 or 6 games. Not going 8-8

What is the difference? Neither gets you to the playoffs, and 5-6 wins gets you a better draft pick.

They all picked us to finish last. Almost everyone here called them biased or crazy, and they were exactly right.

This franchise is in shambles.

I think the verdict is still out on mangini. As for the prior administration there.....ANY change was a change for the better. The only thing is....not really gonna be able to judge mangini for a couple yrs because his hands are tied due to HORRIBLE decisions by the prior regime thand will handcuff that team in the near future.

Ferguson, Revis, Gholston, Favre, all under his regime

Ask Vilma how he feels about ManIDIOT.

As for Winslow...I truly hope you're kidding. Look up cancer in the dictionary and he is chillin right next to T.O. --- Playmaker? Serious? The man had 11 td's in FIVE SEASONS. If you think that type of production is worth the endless stream of distracting, selfish off the field antics he is synonymous with....be my guest. There is a reason Joe Gibbs passed on him and took ST instead. In ST he saw someone who might have been misguided, but at the core wasn't a bad character guy. Winslow on the other hand...was (and is). A shining example of the hype machine and if Kellen Sr. was truly honest I am sure he would admit he is embarrassed

Still remember how hot he was when we passed on him in the draft. Saying Gibbs promised him we were gonna take him. Let's see.....whose word would you take? One of the most honorable men to ever walk the sidelines of this league.....or the self-proclaimed 'soldier' :doh:. And who did we take on day TWO of that yr's draft? Oh that's right.....some kid out of Utah State. :D Man I really wish we would have pulled the trigger on "K2" instead of this joker who wears 47.......

Hard to argue TD stats when he his first year was on IR :silly:

Hey, when you plan against the Browns, double up on Winslow cuz Stone Hands Edwards has a 50/50 chance on catching it; PLUS the man paid me dividends in FF :D.

Seriously, I see what you're saying, but hey, our beloved Taylor was no angel the first 2 years either. Ye ye, his first 2 years compare to Winslows first 2 years, but what has winslow done cancerous the past 2 years? Hell, I think you and I would ***** too if we caught stap infection from our jobs knowing it's been an ongoing issue (seven cases of staph infection in the last few years).

Of course the "sports analysts" will slam the Skins. They have to have something to talk about. And in dropping Jason Taylor, would you want a player on your team who was not committed to just showing up for 75% of the time. Chemistry is built in the weight rooma and on the field.

What is the difference? Neither gets you to the playoffs, and 5-6 wins gets you a better draft pick.

They all picked us to finish last. Almost everyone here called them biased or crazy, and they were exactly right.

I'm sorry, but they were not exactly right. They thought before the season that we would be worse than we were. Then when we started 6-2, everyone hopped on the bandwagon. Then they were saying how we were contenders. Then our ****ty finish happened. Suddenly they are right because they did say before the season that we would be last? I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Btw: this franchise is in rough shape, but definitely not shambles. We will be better this year than last, and that is a positive sign. Sig bet if you want that the Redskins will finish 9-7 or better this season.

Bottom line....it will always be this way until we win.

Even then, it will be a fluke.

Pretty much. The Skins will never be considered in the class of teams like the Steelers. It's because of Snyder and his approach to building a winner. The team's failures are his failures.

Ferguson, Revis, Gholston, Favre, all under his regime

Ask Vilma how he feels about ManIDIOT.

Hard to argue TD stats when he his first year was on IR :silly:

Why was Winslow on IR again? Why did he miss months in a subsequent season after that initial 'incident'? The blame lay at his feet alone.

Mangini never wanted Favre. If you can't read between those lines than I can't help ya.

Revis is one of the best young corners in this league.

Gholsten I will grant you. Jets got caught buying into that osu HYPE factory that I have talked about elsewhere on this board. As a side note, apparently Gholsten has a case of the Katzenmoyers.......bc apparently he stil hadn't learned the playbook by the end of the season :doh:

Shambles???? Hardly dude....I believe the skins are an elite qb away from the superbowl

I like JC....lets face it hes not elite....not that I want them to....but if we picked up Kurt Warner the skins would be a top 2 or 3 team in the NFC

I'm sorry, but they were not exactly right. They thought before the season that we would be worse than we were. Then when we started 6-2, everyone hopped on the bandwagon. Then they were saying how we were contenders. Then our ****ty finish happened. Suddenly they are right because they did say before the season that we would be last? I'm sorry but I don't buy it.

Btw: this franchise is in rough shape, but definitely not shambles. We will be better this year than last, and that is a positive sign. Sig bet if you want that the Redskins will finish 9-7 or better this season.

Bro....the majority of sportswriters had us at 7-9 or 8-8.

They were dead on.

So what is going to change this season?

Our running backs are a year older, and slower.

Players walk away from $8 million for being injured, simply because they don't even want to practice here.

We have a player that blasts the head coach on the radio, and no owner or gm to support the coach.

Will a "kinder, gentler, slower CP" take us to the SB?

Same nonsense.....different season.:mad:

Cowherd is just a bandwagon hopping idiot. He's all over USC's jock the entire football season, and he loves Tom Brady.

CC dishes out a lot of tough love. He takes organizations like the Trojans and Patriots, puts them on a pedestal (where - whether you like it or not - they belong) and says....."here you go delusional (insert mediocre, overrated team here) fan......emulate these ppl if you want to succeed"

A lot of ppl have trouble taking that medicine. i see it for what it is. The truth.

Bro....the majority of sportswriters had us at 7-9 or 8-8.

They were dead on.

So what is going to change this season?

Our running backs are a year older, and slower.

Players walk away from $8 million for being injured, simply because they don't even want to practice here.

We have a player that blasts the head coach on the radio, and no owner or gm to support the coach.

Will a "kinder, gentler, slower CP" take us to the SB?

Same nonsense.....different season.:mad:

I saw lots of people that had us at 5 or 6 wins last year. Even one at 4-12. So we were substantially better than those predictions. As far as this year goes, I don't think CP will lose much of a step from last year. Our O-line should also be upgraded a bit. JC will likely make strides, and hopefully last year's rookies can get involved. But our offense won't be what makes our team significantly better. Our #1 rated defense is what is going to put us in the playoffs. Like I said, sig bet if you want.

Archived