Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Housh to the Seahawks

Hitman#21

Free agent T.J. Houshmandzadeh will sign a multi-year deal with the Seahawks, according to the National Football Post.

Seattle was offering at least $2M more than both the Vikings and Bengals. The 'Hawks were also desperate for a durable wideout. Housh was a flanker in Cincinnati and that's Deion Branch's position in Seattle. Branch could now be moved to the slot or cut, as it was rumored he might be in the winter. Mar. 2 - 5:45 pm et

I think there gonna trade down and take a rb, wells or moreno.

Nope. They take Crabtree. Who else do they have at WR?

2nd year WR Courtney Taylor and a bunch of scrubs. Koren Robinson is probably going to hang it up if he hasn't already.

2nd year WR Courtney Taylor and a bunch of scrubs. Koren Robinson is probably going to hang it up if he hasn't already.

Who do they have at RB? Julius Jones? they need a rb bad.

Who do they have at RB? Julius Jones? they need a rb bad.

Jones is a better talent than the other WR's on the roster. If there was a stud RB at#3, they may take him. As it stands, Crabtree is still the guy you want to pair Housurmama with. Without making a huge reach, you'd have to trade down for a RB, and who's going to want to trade UP to the 3rd spot in the draft in the last year of the CBA?

Deon Branch is good. He was just injured last year. WR was a big problem for them last year due to a lot of injuries. I think they will go another route.

Jones is a better talent than the other WR's on the roster. If there was a stud RB at#3, they may take him. As it stands, Crabtree is still the guy you want to pair Housurmama with. Without making a huge reach, you'd have to trade down for a RB, and who's going to want to trade UP to the 3rd spot in the draft in the last year of the CBA?

Your right about not wanting to take a RB at 3 but i would def. explore trading down if i was Seattle.

Your right about not wanting to take a RB at 3 but i would def. explore trading down if i was Seattle.

I can't see anyone biting, unless the Hags make a sweetheart deal with another club and take it in the shorts when it comes to the draft compensation numbers.

Do you disagree that the combo would be one of the best in the NFL?

If they were still playing in a WCO system and if Hasselbeck were a few years younger, yes.

As it stands the offense is changing under Mora to a more run based, conservative one similar to the one he ran in Atl.

Seahawks signed WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh to a five-year, $40 million contract. The deal includes $15 million in guarantees.

Seattle had an edge over the Bengals and Vikings because it's closest to Houshmandzadeh's L.A. home, but GM Tim Ruskell still overpaid. While Housh has more catches than anyone over the last four years and figures to have 2-3 strong seasons left, going five years with this much guaranteed on a wideout who'll be 32 in September is extremely risky. Housh is also going to a more balanced offense that won't play from behind as much as the Bengals. He'll be Seattle's No. 1 receiver, but will have to learn a West Coast offense and is unlikely to approach the 90-reception mark again.

If they were still playing in a WCO system and if Hasselbeck were a few years younger, yes.

As it stands the offense is changing under Mora to a more run based, conservative one similar to the one he ran in Atl.

Hmmm...

Well I wonder if they do take Crabtree at #4 if they're focusing more on the run... It would definitely seem like they could trade down and take Wells later in the first round, or something like that.

Why would they cut Branch? This is a team struggling at WR.

Though the idea of them trading down to get Moreno sounds promising. There has to be a player a team thinks is worth trading up to be available. Crabtree could be that guy if a team thinks that either Oakland or Cincy will take him.

Archived