Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Non-Redskins Fans Opinion of Haynesworth Deal?

slaga

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

holy ****!! a cowbum fan make QB jokes?

you HAVE to be kidding me. your QB is more known for the joke of a GF he has then anything else. ONLY espn hypes him up and even he knows that he sucks.

your owner clowns your RB for "not having heart" your WRs (even the new one) cant seem to get along. the ONLY thing your offense has that is worth a damn is Witten.

BM,

We're talking about non-Redskin fans overall opinion on the impact of the AH sigining in Washington.

Not talking about the Cowboys or Romo sits to pee.

I gave my opinion. And judging by a lot of members on this board and even the so-called "experts" on the NFL Network and other stations, I'm clearly not alone with my opinion.

But for the record, regardless of late season failures, off field drama, etc., we all know every GM in this league is taking Romo sits to pee over Campbell. But I'm not and won't hijack this thread into a QB debate. I've too much respect for you, this board, and the OP.

Anywho, good to see you responding to my posts. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten about me. :cheers:

PS - That was hardly a "joke" about Campbell. It was simply an opinion as to where I think Washington's issues lie and need to be addressed.

The "100M" factor is irrelevant.

Everyone looks at the number, and simply thinks he's an 100M dollar man. In hindsight it's a 4yr 48 M dollar deal. Haynesworth will never see 100M, and even if he DOES it would mean that he would be a pro bowler for the next 5 to 6 years. Highly doubtful

I think it's a smart move simply because of what Haynesworth brings. You HAVE to double team him, which allow lanes for the rest of your defense.

Regardless, one player is still over 10% of the cap each season for the first four.

That's a pretty significant number. That said, there's only a handful of players that potentially justify such a number. AH is one of them.

HHM,

You dont really think you are going to take some stab at my team and expect me to just sit back and not retort, are you? Come on man...weve been respected adversaries long enough to know better then that.

I respect your opinion (dont agree with it for ****) and I like that you are here during the off season. I hope you took my retort as nothing more then me speaking up for my QB and my team. I'd expect the same from you..

edit: forgetting about you would be like forgetting how to shotgun a beer..impossible :cheers:

Reggie White to the Packers was infinitely bigger.
I'm not big into spending a fortune on one or two players. However the Redskins failing to win a bidding war against the Packers for Reggie was the biggest FA miss in Redskin history. Hopefully Haynesworth will become the best FA signing in their history. He certainly has that potential.

WOW! TR1 you really look foolish in this thread. (What's new, huh?) Do you actually believe what you type?

First off, Moss was TRADED to New England for a 4th round pick. He wasn't a free agent.

Did I ever say he was a free agent? I was talking about undrafted additions to a team. Sorry if I confused you. It doesn't take much.

Secondly, even if he was a free agent pick up, its not even close to GB picking up Reggie White. LOL, you asked how many Super Bowls GB went to; well they went to 2 and won one of them. New England won THREE Super Bowls WITHOUT Moss, yet with him they've yet to get there. You claim they went undefeated because of Moss? Hilarious! They were good long before Randy Moss. GB wasn't good before Reggie White. Yes, Favre helped. But Reggie White was their leader and a force.

Did I say Reggie White wasn't in my top three? I just think Moss is a bigger acquisition. Time will tell.

Please try to read and comprehend.

the ONLY thing your offense has that is worth a damn is Witten.

Foolish homerism combined with petty jealousy.

For a team that has nothing on the offensive side, I find it surprising that the Cowboy's beat the Redskins in every major statistical category (outside of rushing yards).

Heck, the 0-16 Lions scored more points than the vaunted Washington offense.

It's good to know that Witten is worth an extra 6 points and 47 yards/game. You guys might want to consider cutting Cooley if his production is that bad. Either that, or Witten has the best contract in the history of the league.

"If you don't know what you are talking about, your mouth would be best used for chewing."

Actually, you did.

If you didn't understand what I meant, why didn't you bring up the FA issue in the subsequent two posts? HHM was the first to bring up trade vs FA.

Basically it's immaterial, since the gist of my statement was that the Haynesworth deal is in the top three of player acquisitions, EITHER through free agency or trade.

I know you're a little slow, WB, so I'm trying to help you out.

This is the tr1 we know and love. Caught red handed and still refuses to admit he was wrong. Awesome.

"I know what my written words clearly state but, um, I sorta meant something else. Well, actually I didn't mean something else but I'm caught being wrong so I'm going to spin that I meant something else. Oh, by the way, you are an idiot for not being able to disregard what I wrote and try to figure out what I would say I meant after being proved wrong."

This is the tr1 we know and love. Caught red handed and still refuses to admit he was wrong. Awesome.

"I know what my written words clearly state but, um, I sorta meant something else. Well, actually I didn't mean something else but I'm caught being wrong so I'm going to spin that I meant something else. Oh, by the way, you are an idiot for not being able to disregard what I wrote and try to figure out what I would say I meant after being proved wrong."

WB, again, if you didn't know what I meant, why didn't you 'correct' me? You posted twice in response to my post.

Seems you look a bit silly, doesn't it?

tr1, around here we are used to you being wrong and then pointing fingers at everyone else. You are clearly wrong yet you try to take task at me for not pointing out you were wrong immediately. Are you serious? Is this the best you can do.

I have an idea. Be a man once in your life. Just admit you made a mistake. No big deal.

tr1, around here we are used to you being wrong and then pointing fingers at everyone else. You are clearly wrong yet you try to take task at me for not pointing out you were wrong immediately. Are you serious? Is this the best you can do.

I have an idea. Be a man once in your life. Just admit you made a mistake. No big deal.

:rotflmao:

Thanks, WB, I needed a laugh today.

Nothing changes the fact that you were wrong, called on being wrong, tried to deny you were clearly wrong, tried to deflect being wrong on other posters and generally acted like a baby. No one expects anything different. Just do 2 minutes of research before posting or admit when you are clearly wrong. Everyone does it.

Except you.

Nothing changes the fact that you were wrong, called on being wrong, tried to deny you were clearly wrong, tried to deflect being wrong on other posters and generally acted like a baby. No one expects anything different. Just do 2 minutes of research before posting or admit when you are clearly wrong. Everyone does it.

Except you.

Apparently you knew what I meant in the immediate two posts after my statement not to 'correct' me. True or false?

Now, HHM has thrown in some semantics, and you've just soiled yourself in excitement about 'catching' me on something.

:rotflmao:

Too funny.

Your prevailing point that Moss was a bigger addition than White was more incorrect so I decided to start there first, tr1.

However, nothing changes the fact that you were wrong and later in the thread derided someone for saying that you said he was a FA.....which you did.

Your prevailing point that Moss was a bigger addition than White was more incorrect so I decided to start there first, tr1.

However, nothing changes the fact that you were wrong and later in the thread derided someone for saying that you said he was a FA.....which you did.

Semantics. My wording may have been faulty, but even you knew what I meant.

I think we're starting to bore readers in the thread.

Semantics? You called him a FA. Period. Later, someone told you he wasn't a FA and you told him he was stupid because you never said that.....which you did.

You are as good as damage control as you are getting the facts right the first time.

We're both wrong WB. How come you haven't realized this yet?

This is the greatest signing in the history of all sports.

Get it through your thick skull!

Semantics? You called him a FA. Period. Later, someone told you he wasn't a FA and you told him he was stupid because you never said that.....which you did.

You are as good as damage control as you are getting the facts right the first time.

Poor structure in my sentence...that's all I'm guilty of...as evidenced by your immediate two posts where you discussed the merits of each acquisition.

I'll try to be more eloquent and succinct...though, it'll probably be lost on you.

We're both wrong WB. How come you haven't realized this yet?

This is the greatest signing in the history of all sports.

Get it through your thick skull!

Frankly, it's difficult to judge how a person will react when guaranteed a pile of money; however, this guy is a talent that doesn't come along often...and we already had a good defense.

Frankly, it's difficult to judge how a person will react when guaranteed a pile of money; however, this guy is a talent that doesn't come along often...and we already had a good defense.

No one on this site will be able to say, with a straight face, that adding a player of AH's caliber is a "bad" move or acquisition.

However, to immediately pronounce it as a top 3 signing in NFL history without seeing him play a down, a game, a season, or even the duration of his stay in Washington is just silly.

We know you're the biggest homer round these parts, but even that statement makes me chuckle.

Archived