Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Non-Redskins Fans Opinion of Haynesworth Deal?

slaga

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is probably in the top three free agent signings in NFL history. I'm thinking Randy Moss to NE was only bigger.

What disappointed me last year was getting a FA past his prime (Taylor)...this move, however, is a guy in his prime and one of the best at his position.

Also, if a team meanders in mediocrity for long enough, it's unable to dip down into the early part of the first round to build its offensive and defensive lines. This is really the only way to break that trend.

And, I apologize for posting in a thread where Skins fans aren't supposed to post...but I thought I'd join the party!

This is probably in the top three free agent signings in NFL history. I'm thinking Randy Moss to NE was only bigger.

What disappointed me last year was getting a FA past his prime (Taylor)...this move, however, is a guy in his prime and one of the best at his position.

Also, if a team meanders in mediocrity for long enough, it's unable to dip down into the early part of the first round to build its offensive and defensive lines. This is really the only way to break that trend.

And, I apologize for posting in a thread where Skins fans aren't supposed to post...but I thought I'd join the party!

Yeah, you'll make an exception this time. :laugh:

3 top FA signings in NFL history! Too funny. I can think of 3 that directly led to a championship or perfect season. Unless you go deep into the playoffs, it will be the same old Skins, same old Skins.

Yeah, you'll make an exception this time. :laugh:

3 top FA signings in NFL history! Too funny. I can think of 3 that directly led to a championship or perfect season. Unless you go deep into the playoffs, it will be the same old Skins, same old Skins.

It's so obvious when you're afraid.

Well, you should be.

:rotflmao:

Are you kidding? Seriously, GB won the SB with White being the SB MVP while NE didn't win a SB. GB went to 2 SBs with White, NE has went to one.

You make this too easy.

GB never had a perfect season, and except for a butter-fingered CB, they would have won that SB.

Moss and Brady were the reason for the perfection.

It makes that top 3 list if the Redskins win a Super Bowl.

If they make the playoffs, win a game here or there in the playoffs, but ultimately fail to make it to the Super Bowl and win it, it will be again, just another high priced FA acquisition that improved the team, but didn't make a big difference at the end of the day.

Getting a little too presumptious there buddy.

GB never had a perfect season, and except for a butter-fingered CB, they would have won that SB.

Hate to back either one of you two here, but the White signing was easily the better one. (Even though the Moss acquisition wasn't a signing, it was a trade).

Perfect season or not, they didn't win it all.

Ask Moss and Brady, they'd have taken 9-7 with a Lombardi over 16-0 and nothing.

Quite simply, White went to GB, they went to a Super Bowl and won. Then went to another.

It's not even debatable.

It makes that top 3 list if the Redskins win a Super Bowl.

If they make the playoffs, win a game here or there in the playoffs, but ultimately fail to make it to the Super Bowl and win it, it will be again, just another high priced FA acquisition that improved the team, but didn't make a big difference at the end of the day.

Getting a little too presumptious there buddy.

I love the fear.

Hate to back either one of you two here, but the White signing was easily the better one. (Even though the Moss acquisition wasn't a signing, it was a trade).

Perfect season or not, they didn't win it all.

Ask Moss and Brady, they'd have taken 9-7 with a Lombardi over 16-0 and nothing.

Quite simply, White went to GB, they went to a Super Bowl and won. Then went to another.

It's not even debatable.

Let's revisit in a couple of years.

tr1, I think Haynesworth is great (when motivated). Why was he only motivated the last 2 years (contract years)?

If you think one guy is the difference then good on you. If Campbell in 09 is like the Campbell in 08, there is nothing to worry about. If Campbell is great, then you will have a good thing going.

It is just funny to see you of all people toot tooting a FA signing. I wonder what your reaction would be if the Eagles or Cowboys had singed him. LOL.

Every year it seems that the Redskins "win" in March. Someone needs to remind Danny that the season begins in September.

youre right. and that should be who? the iggles front office?

when was the last time you guys won anything?

you are the Buffalo Bills of the NFC. you can get to the championship game just fine but you cant quite make it to the super bowl. yeah, you did once but then you cut TO and you went back in the toilet.

how did that kearse signing work out for ya?

By all means.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

Unless and until they get a QB and that offense straightened out, they can have AH.

Last I checked, his impact couldn't make up for the shortcomings of the Titans offense.

holy ****!! a cowbum fan make QB jokes?

you HAVE to be kidding me. your QB is more known for the joke of a GF he has then anything else. ONLY espn hypes him up and even he knows that he sucks.

your owner clowns your RB for "not having heart" your WRs (even the new one) cant seem to get along. the ONLY thing your offense has that is worth a damn is Witten.

;6171790']I voted wait and see just because of the amount of money. I am glad the Giants did not pay $100 million for anyone. That is 3 or 4 more players they can get for what they would have paid Haynesworth. The man is good' date=' no denying that but that is a lot of money for a DT.[/quote']

The "100M" factor is irrelevant.

Everyone looks at the number, and simply thinks he's an 100M dollar man. In hindsight it's a 4yr 48 M dollar deal. Haynesworth will never see 100M, and even if he DOES it would mean that he would be a pro bowler for the next 5 to 6 years. Highly doubtful

I think it's a smart move simply because of what Haynesworth brings. You HAVE to double team him, which allow lanes for the rest of your defense.

WOW! TR1 you really look foolish in this thread. (What's new, huh?) Do you actually believe what you type?

First off, Moss was TRADED to New England for a 4th round pick. He wasn't a free agent.

Secondly, even if he was a free agent pick up, its not even close to GB picking up Reggie White. LOL, you asked how many Super Bowls GB went to; well they went to 2 and won one of them. New England won THREE Super Bowls WITHOUT Moss, yet with him they've yet to get there. You claim they went undefeated because of Moss? Hilarious! They were good long before Randy Moss. GB wasn't good before Reggie White. Yes, Favre helped. But Reggie White was their leader and a force.

Thirdly, to early to rank this free agent signing in terms of its place in history. If he plays like he's capable of and god forbid the Skins win it all, then I'll agree with you. But that has to happen before it goes down as a top free agent signing in history. To be real honest, this has a better chance of going down as the worst free agent signing in history than as the best. If he plays just average then is he worth that $41 million guaranteed?

This will be a good discussion to revisit in about 4 years. I don't think he'll play out the entire 7 years of his contract. What players do these days?

The "100M" factor is irrelevant.

Everyone looks at the number, and simply thinks he's an 100M dollar man. In hindsight it's a 4yr 48 M dollar deal. Haynesworth will never see 100M, and even if he DOES it would mean that he would be a pro bowler for the next 5 to 6 years. Highly doubtful

I think it's a smart move simply because of what Haynesworth brings. You HAVE to double team him, which allow lanes for the rest of your defense.

QFT. I agree with everything you said here.

Archived