Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

has anyone know whats going on with Ray Wills?

redskins021

It would be so nice to have all of our big needs met before the draft.

If we could get dock and willis, LB is certainly looking like a good option.

on a side note:

remember earlier in the week when everyone was ready to move Jason Taylor to strong side LB on passing downs?

I still love this idea just with Haynesworth playing DE on his side. How would you stop that pass rush?

remember earlier in the week when everyone was ready to move Jason Taylor to strong side LB on passing downs?

I still love this idea just with Haynesworth playing DE on his side. How would you stop that pass rush?

I'd just roll 3 OL and a TE to that side. If you have Taylor and Haynesworth coming off the edge, you don't need to worry about anyone that would be coming from the middle or the other side.

;)

Why are you guys so enamored with Ray Willis? He sucks. He's just a more expensive Heyer.

Word on the street is that Zorn and Stump Mitchell like him a lot. That's enough for me, and we wouldn't be having this discussion if the coaching staff didn't think he was a better option then the right tackles we already have. What makes you say he sucks?

Word on the street is that Zorn and Stump Mitchell like him a lot. That's enough for me, and we wouldn't be having this discussion if the coaching staff didn't think he was a better option then the right tackles we already have. What makes you say he sucks?

They also wanted DJ Hackett badly last season, too, and also picked up Shaun Alexander who sucked. It kind of reminds me of fantasy football where someone only drafts players from his favorite team.

He doesn't suck, it's just that he's not really even an upgrade over Heyer so there's no point in bringing in him considering Heyer will be a whole lot cheaper.

Dont Zorn and Stump like everyone that used to play for Seattle?

Nobody is going to mistake Ray for Jon Runyan anytime soon, but he could be a good pickup for a modest price. From what I've read about him he seems smart and versatile playing both RT and RG positions. Hey, at least we're looking at the OL after having addressed the DL obviously in a major way.

I'm happy man and Dan and Vinny are both in my cool book right now :D

Some Willis info. Not to impressive, but none the less here it is:

Willis is a four-year player who started 10 games last year. He has played both guard and tackle and he has good size and strength. He's an adequate overall athlete who can create movement in the run game, due to his strength and leg drive after contact. He has limited lateral quickness and struggles to adjust on the move. He lacks ideal body control in space to secure on the run. He will fall off contact, if he gets overextended and shows limited hip flexibility and body control. He has adequate foot quickness in pass protection. He tends to play upright and will expose his chest for defenders, while attempting to grab wide with his hands. He can be walked back quickly at times, when defenders get inside his frame and will struggle to anchor. He does a good job of attacking on the short set, where his upper-body strength can lock down defenders quickly.

They also wanted DJ Hackett badly last season, too, and also picked up Shaun Alexander who sucked. It kind of reminds me of fantasy football where someone only drafts players from his favorite team.

He doesn't suck, it's just that he's not really even an upgrade over Heyer so there's no point in bringing in him considering Heyer will be a whole lot cheaper.

If he's not that good then he shouldn't cost too much, right? If there's talk of moving Jansen inside to play multiple positions then we need more depth. They were hoping Hackett would add to depth and maybe develop (I'll give you that, they were dead wrong on him), but Shaun was purely for depth and nothing.

And no, I don't believe Zorn and Stump love everyone from Seattle. But they probably would know the people that would understand the system and help our team in someway that it would be worth offering them a contract. I'm not a football coach, but that makes sense to me.

alright, so over at nfl.com i looked up the games that ray willis played in...

then i went to the nfl video galleries to see what he could do...

what i found.... from my eyes at least, was that he is very good, and doesnt need to learn the system.

with seeing what i saw, i would not mind seeing willis rocking the bg next year.

we can still draft depth in the ol and get a LB this year.

check it all out!

JASON BROWN CHOOSES ST. LOUIS

Posted by Mike Florio: Friday, February 27, 2009 9:01 PM

Earlier in the day, we reported at the temporary PFT safe haven site at SportingNews.com that center/guard Jason Brown had a little problem.

He was holding a significant offer from the Rams, in the range of $7 million per year, but he didn't want to play for the Rams.

Unfortunately, no one else was offering Brown the kind of money that the Rams put on the table.

In the end, Brown apparently opted for the money.

According to Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald, Brown has agreed to terms with the Rams.

As we'd heard it, Brown was hoping for the Ravens to match the St. Louis offer. But the Ravens never were inclined to do so.

If he's not that good then he shouldn't cost too much, right? If there's talk of moving Jansen inside to play multiple positions then we need more depth.

Rarely in the NFL do the contracts and production of free agents correlate.

Anyway, we need starters on our offensive line. Jansen's obviously not it anymore. Heyer's definitely not it. And Willis isn't it. He's just another Casey Rabach in RT form. Good depth, but not a starter.

Archived