Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Skins expected to bid on Brown (merged--MET)

benskins26

Per Profootballtalk

The Washington Redskins intend to go after Baltimore Ravens free agent center Jason Brown after midnight when the free agency signing period officially begins unless they re-sign left guard Pete Kendall, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com.

Per Caplan, Brown could be paid at a level approaching top guard money. That would mean an annual average compensation of $8 million.

The Miami Dolphins, who have been looking to improve at center over starter Samson Satele, and the Buffalo Bills are expected to pursue Brown, too.

According to the article, the St. Louis Rams and the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to bypass Brown.

The Minnesota Vikings are another possibility if Matt Birk isn’t re-signed.

I personally like this move. But I'm starting to worry that we've got too many irons in the fire. Definitely shouldn't be a quiet offseason this year!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/02/26/redskins-expected-to-bid-on-brown/

The Washington Redskinsmag-glass_10x10.gif intend to go after Baltimore Ravens free agent center Jason Brown after midnight when the free agency signing period officially begins unless they re-sign left guard Pete Kendallmag-glass_10x10.gif, according to Adam Caplan of Scout.com. Per Caplan, Brown could be paid at a level approaching top guard money. That would mean an annual average compensation of $8 million.

The Miami Dolphins, who have been looking to improve at center over starter Samson Satele, and the Buffalo Billsmag-glass_10x10.gif are expected to pursue Brown, too.

According to the article, the St. Louis Rams and the Jacksonville Jaguarsmag-glass_10x10.gif are expected to bypass Brown.

The Minnesota Vikings are another possibility if Matt Birk isn’t re-signed.

News flash, "Redskins expected to bid on everyone"

The agents are out in force trying to drive up the numbers for their players by making other teams bid against us. There's just no way we're bidding or going after all the players we've been reported as interested in.

Nothing wrong necessarily but has he ever played Guard? Do we know for a fact that he is versatile?

He was a guard up until this past season he switched to center. He is my favorite FA OL available. He can play both G and C and he is young and very talented. If we could sign Albert and Jason id be ok with letting Hall walk and either draft Jenkins in the first or sign Bodden and draft Maualuga in the first.:cool2:

:fortune::fingersx: I would cry in happiness if we did.

I'm glad someone else sees how nasty Nicks is going to be. He's gonna develop into an All-pro. Unfortunately there is no way we can justify that pick. Some team is gonna get really lucky when they get him. I really hope it's not someone else in the NFCE. I can't handle rooting against the guy.

Archived