Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The High Road on Campbell.. Boycott the Idiots

rumplestilskin

Jason Campbell is another quarterback who people had little expectations for this year but has turned into a very good NFL quarterback. He was the last gunslinger to throw an interception this season.

Hold on a second............did you just use the word "gunslinger" and the name "Jason Campbell" in the same sentence?

Please tell me that was a joke. :doh:

JC is a stud! Once we stick with a system he will shine and more over, gag this kind of critism. Some folks just get a charge out of being immature and have no clue about NFL football or what it is to be a real Washington Redskins' fan. Don't let it bug ya; too much...lol

HAIL

Immature? Really? I'm far from sold on JC, but I surely don't "hate" the man and would love for him to succeed. Despite this, I happen to believe he won't. Am I immature for believing this? Does it mean I don't know NFL football?

What's funny, and thoroughly hypocritical, is the fact that many (not all) of the true JC proponents use the argument you just made. There is no basis for it, but then again there isn't much basis for most of the arguments they put forth!

What's most priceless is the "or what it means to be a real Washington Redskins fan". Honestly.........give it a rest. You're no more a fan than most of this board, regardless of what side of the Campbell fence you fall.

I find it comical that someone who'd make statements such as these is the very person calling others "immature". I guess it's sort of like that unanswerable question......"When someone is crazy do they actually KNOW they're crazy, or do they think everyone else is?"

Guess we'll never truly know. :D

JC is a game manager. I'm from Louisiana and a LSU fan, therefore, I know a lot about the SEC and whenever we traded up and selected JC I was completely dumbfounded. Don't get me wrong JC had a good college career, but who couldn't whenever you had Reggie Brown and Cadilac Williams in the same backfield. I'm not a Colt supporter at all, but I think he's ran his course. Like someone said Big Ben had a **** offensive line and still managed to get it done. I just have a feeling we'll be saying, "Just give him another year to blossom in a new system" until he's 38. You can make all the excuses you want, but good quarterback get it down no matter what they have work with. Yeah he didn't throw an interception until week 8, but he wasn't throwing that many td's either. We need to cut our losses.

As for the couple of people that say that JC is better than McNabb need their heads examined. You can't be serious.

I'm not taking offense, I'm explaining my side of the argument.

Its silly to brush off the person you're arguing with as a "hater", we have legitimate points, JC hasn't played well thusfar and he's had quite a bit of time.

There are obviously irrational people on this board that just love Colt but most of the people you would categorize as a "hater" really just want the Skins to win and don't think JC is the man to do it.

I'm wish you.... I agree 100%

I love Brennan. But I'm not sure he'll function well with our current O-Line. Brennan got absolutely crushed by Georgia, and the Hawaii Line vs Georgia line bears similarities between, say, our O-Line and Pittsburgh D-Line.

I'm a JC guy but I like having Colt on the roster...think about it what makes some here think Colt is the next coming? Same OLine would equal the same results for either QB it's like giving both of them an unloaded gun and asking them to fire a shot....IF the fix the line and JC plays like a 8-8 QB then time for a change. Even a JC guy can admit that. He has all the tools to be the QB in DC for a long time.

JC has the skills and could be an all star, but well never know his full potential untill the O-Line issues are fixed. If the O-Line can hold up ALL YEAR next year, not only will JC inprove but the running game will also be good ALL YEAR. Lets face it there getting older and by the end of last year it took everything they had just to be out on the feild playing. If it gets fixed this offseason, then the "I TOLD YOU SO" will come. The O-Line makes the time to throw, and makes the holes to run threw. Not the QB. Anyone can throw the ball with good time, or run the ball threw a big hole. We need to fix the O-Line, and yes JC will be a great QB next year if this happends, especially since he finally gets more than 1 year in a system.

I totally agree and have been saying the same thing. Glad to find someone who agrees.

I don't hate Jason Campbell, I don't hate anyone on the team at all...but I want the Redskins to win, and I don't think JC is the right man to do that.

I'll be honest. I've gotten into more heated discussions lately with Skins fans about Jason Campbell then I have Cowboys fans simply telling them they suck! A lot of you Colt supporters have gone as far as outright HATE towards Campbell. Some of you seem to forget that he was pretty much the MVP of the League the 1st half of the season.

Once the films were out on Z's coaching style & the O-Line started showing it's age, it was all downhill. How many times was he sacked this season? 40? Just under 40? I don't think Ramsey was hit that much under Steve Spurrier's 9 wide receiver sets. But I digress. Brennan is the obvious answer for years to come...

...that is until he throws his first batch of INTs for TDs & then all these same people who are crying for his intro into the League will be asking for HIS back-up...as is ever the case. As always, little to no love for the STARTING QB.

If he proves me wrong so be it, but he hasn't so far and there is no reason in the world why there shouldn't be an open QB competition.

:doh:

He hasn't so far? What exactly does a QB running for his life every down have to prove to show that he is capable of running an offense? Not get hit? Oh, I guess we should have drafted McNabb, right? It couldn't possibly be the OL's fault! I mean, geez-louise. How on EARTH can we expect 6 guys to block 3 every down consistently & not let someone through? Why can't Jason just run around & get away from these guys instead of taking yet another sack? I mean, doesn't he KNOW that the OL is suspect & that it's HIS fault?

Its silly to brush off the person you're arguing with as a "hater", we have legitimate points, JC hasn't played well thusfar and he's had quite a bit of time.

:doh: :doh:

WTF are you talking about? Didn't play well? You obviously didn't see him NOT throw any INTs for the first 9 games of the season, something even the BEST QBs have struggled with. Or perhaps the numerous times that he made something out of nothing BECAUSE of the OL & on 3rd & long would run for the 1st down. But that wasn't him, right? That was some other guy in a different jersey (perhaps your beloved Brennan) doing that. It couldn't possibly have been JC, cause we all know that he just sucks.

He's had quite a bit of time? At what? He's been in 9 different systems in 9 seasons. Quite a bit of time with what? Playing the game of football? Holding a football? Running for his life while the OL tries to figure out which of the 2 guys blitzing they should block?

There are obviously irrational people on this board that just love Colt but most of the people you would categorize as a "hater" really just want the Skins to win and don't think JC is the man to do it.

I want the Skins to win just as badly as everyone else in Redskins Nation. And as I look at the last 15 years, the only thing that has remained constant here in Redskins Nation is INconsistency. "If it doesn't work NOW, then replace it. That HAS to work." But it NEVER does.

Look at the Steelers. It took Cowher 15 years to win a Super Bowl. Cowher wouldn't last 3 seasons in Washington. Because every little hiccup & most unintelligent fans are calling for the head of the coach or the QB or both because what we're doing isn't working right now. But, as long as we continue with that attitude, not only are we not going to win anything of relevence, but we don't DESERVE to! No team in the League has won or stayed on top when they are changing things as often as we have & do.

You clearly didn't read my posts.

I am not a Brennen supporter by any means.

I was furious when we drafted him.

I mentioned all the other problems we have...and the fact that NOT throwing interceptions is not enough. He wasn't really throwing touchdowns either.

Ben Roethlisburger was sacked more than any other QB in the league this year I believe and even if he wasn't the most he was damn close. He was injured multiple times and then guess what? He won a Super Bowl.

You can make all the excuses you want for JC but here's a simple fact: He hasn't played as well as a first round QB should, and there isn't a SINGLE reason why we shouldn't have open competition in camp. At the very least we'll light a fire under JC.

Please read before you respond.

I think most rational Skins fans think that Jason Campbell has shown enough to continue being the starting quarterback. This will be his second season in this system, and then we'll have a body of work we can honestly judge.

True but 5th season in the league. He hasn't stepped up the way a 1st round pick should have and someone we invested money into should have. So as a "rational Skins fan" I have to disagree slightly. There should be competition for Campbell going into the season.

True but 5th season in the league. He hasn't stepped up the way a 1st round pick should have and someone we invested money into should have. So as a "rational Skins fan" I have to disagree slightly. There should be competition for Campbell going into the season.

I'm totally rational, and I think the competition should be open in camp.

He should be our starter if he proves that Colt can't do it better than he can (which, at this point is probably the case). JC beats out Colt, gets some confidence but Colt pushes him and keeps JC on his toes.

Make JC know that he needs to perform on the field, its similar to how some people think Romo sits to pee has gotten too comfortable in Dallas.

No one throws Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Phil Rivers, Kurt Warner, Big Ben or even Jay Cutler under the bus. There aren't multiple threads about these QBs not having the job the following season and a bunch of people yelling "hater" at everyone with a criticism.

Wonder why that is? Oh yeah, it's that they're good QBs who don't leave a doubt in a fanbase about their ability to be solid NFL quarterbacks (however they specifically get it done.)

Jason Campbell was given this position, in no way shape or form has he earned it in any way. We had a back up come off the bench in 07 and go undefeated against 5 teams fighting for the playoffs, 2 made it with 1 winning the Superbowl. A back up QB ran the table with the same team that Jason Campbell couldn't beat the freaking Rams or 49ers with. And you want to convince me that he deserves his position, and there shouldn't be any competition for this spot? Sounds to me like your the one drinking the coolaid!

Archived