Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Band that is not a one hit wonder but......

Itoolu

I actually like Nickelback :anon:

Especially

:doh:

No reason to hate on Nickleback other then they are Canadians. They are a bar band who made it big, much like 3 Doors Down. Fun music, fun times. I'm going to see Saving Able, Seether, and Nickleback later this year and looking forward to it.

No doubt on Eminem. His first single was soooo gimicky and almost paradoy like. I thought at first he was a rappin' Weird Al.

This was when I was 14? so there was no XXL or internet to scoop the hot new, up-and-coming artists.

There was surely internet in 1998 and they had online music columns...

Haha. Oops!

I also had the Vanilla Ice feeling with Eminem. He blindsided everyone with Marshall Mathers LP.

And maybe it's just me but Papa Roach IS a one hit wonder. I can't name a single song other than Last Resort that they've done.

scars.

that was a good song.

but those are the only two songs i know theyve done that got decent radio play.

Eminem for sure. I remember when he came on MTV with "My Name Is" in the late 90's. I never thought he would last past that track.

Then he dropped the Marshall Mathers LP, followed by the Eminem Show, and the rest is history. Those albums were flawless. Now he is a Hip-Hop legend.

Papa Roach. Their first album was so cliche and gimmicky and followed with a quiet spell. But they came back with some real music and songs that were actually well written (not necessarily the lyrics). I've been pleasantly surprised. "Getting Away With Murder" was a rockin' bad*** track.

Archived