Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8 Inactive Players per Game

xavmit

I think the better quesiton is where are there 8 inactives per game? I understand injuries, but typically that leaves 3-4 players who can play and are not allowed to.

agreed, it's just dumb.

Also as it's been stated before, the inactives are in street clothes with the exception of the 3rd QB who can go in the game as long as one of your other QBs are ruled out of the game. The inactives don't suit up.

agreed, it's just dumb.

Also as it's been stated before, the inactives are in street clothes with the exception of the 3rd QB who can go in the game as long as one of your other QBs are ruled out of the game. The inactives don't suit up.

Just for the record, it doesn't matter if one of your QBs is ruled out of the game. The 3rd QB can come in at any time in the game.

The catch is that once he comes in, neither of your top 2 QBs can return to the game, even if the 3rd QB goes down.

I have a feeling this is what you were saying, but I just wanted to clarify :)

I wanna know why this is a rule. 53 to be on your active roster. BUT, only 45 (46th for emergency QB) can suit up? Whats the point?

It's to even the playing field to account for injuries. If you could have 53 on the active roster, then keeping an injured player on the roster would mean you had one less available body to play in the game.

If that was the case, you could have a team with no injuries playing against team with 5 injured players (non-IR). The former would be able to dress 53 guys for the game while the latter could only dress 48. It's not really fair to the team that's caught the injury bug. The team with more injuries might be forced to place injured players on IR or cut them outright to gain the roster spots back.

It's to even the playing field to account for injuries. If you could have 53 on the active roster, then keeping an injured player on the roster would mean you had one less available body to play in the game.

If that was the case, you could have a team with no injuries playing against team with 5 injured players (non-IR). The former would be able to dress 53 guys for the game while the latter could only dress 48. It's not really fair to the team that's caught the injury bug. The team with more injuries might be forced to place injured players on IR or cut them outright to gain the roster spots back.

The Special Teams Ace, you are all over it. Good post!

:point2sky

Just for the record, it doesn't matter if one of your QBs is ruled out of the game. The 3rd QB can come in at any time in the game.

The catch is that once he comes in, neither of your top 2 QBs can return to the game, even if the 3rd QB goes down.

I have a feeling this is what you were saying, but I just wanted to clarify :)

didnt that just get changed this season though?

or did it change from the first 2 qbs have to be injured for the 3rd to come in...to....the 3rd can come in even if the first 2 arent injured, but then the first 2 cant play anymore?

for some reason i thought it changed to the 3rd can come in and you can still have the first 2 available for later in the game.

Archived