Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.COM: Another black eye for the Cowboys

gorebd82

I don't normally post in this section since I'm more concerned with my Skins, but didn't see anybody put this up.

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Moments ago, I confirmed a report that former NFL head coach Dan Reeves is no longer a consultant with the Dallas Cowboys. ESPN's Chris Mortensen first reported the Cowboys were planning to hire Reeves as a consultant during Super Bowl week.

On Tuesday night, the CBS affiliate in the Dallas area and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that Reeves was already on the job. But on Wednesday afternoon the team's radio network 1310 "The Ticket" reported that Reeves and the Cowboys had already parted ways.

It's just another embarrassing episode for the once proud franchise. First of all, owner Jerry Jones didn't fill anyone in on what Reeves was supposed to be doing. Reeves was supposed to report directly to owner Jerry Jones, according to ESPN's Ed Werder. Now he won't be reporting to anyone.

A couple of weeks ago, Reeves told Tyler, Texas radio personality David Smoak that T.O. and Pacman Jones had distracted the Cowboys from the task at hand. Those comments made you think that Reeves might recommend releasing T.O. and trying to restore some cohesion in the locker room.

For now, though, that plan's on hold.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-8-16/Another-black-eye-for-the-Cowboys.html

A couple of weeks ago, Reeves told Tyler, Texas radio personality David Smoak that T.O. and Pacman Jones had distracted the Cowboys from the task at hand. Those comments made you think that Reeves might recommend releasing T.O. and trying to restore some cohesion in the locker room.
In other words TO heard this, went crying to his sugardaddy Jerry and Jerry sent Reeves packing. :laugh:

Reeves is too stiff for the Cowboy Circus.

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

And that likely explains why Reeves doesn't work there anymore. JJ wants a consultant to tell him what he wants to hear.

Gets old, doesn't it?

yes it does

I read a thread in Tailgate saying Nancy Pelosi said 500 million jobs would be lost each month if the stimulus bill isn't passed. I kept waiting for someone on the thread to say "Let's face it, CP is our Nancy Pelosi" lol...

:rotflmao:

I read a thread in Tailgate saying Nancy Pelosi said 500 million jobs would be lost each month if the stimulus bill isn't passed. I kept waiting for someone on the thread to say "Let's face it, CP is our Nancy Pelosi" lol...

LMAO, I read threads with the same mindset Wait for it, wait for it...

Archived