Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 950 (Philly) TJ wants to be an Eagle?

Number5

Don't you think he might have a hard time in Philly if he has to share the ball with Curtis, Jackson, WB and all the others?

Seems like he'd be happier on a team without so many targets. After all, he is a WR which comes with some built in primadonna.

Don't you think he might have a hard time in Philly if he has to share the ball with Curtis, Jackson, WB and all the others?

Seems like he'd be happier on a team without so many targets. After all, he is a WR which comes with some built in primadonna.

If I'm the Eagles, I make TJ the main target for McNabb. Curtis ought to see less balls thrown his way in this scenario, and that allowed Reggie Brown to be a pure #2, and Jackson to be a special teamer and a pure speedster.

Westbrook will be Westbrook. They'll get the ball in his hands, and he'll have a grand time. On the other hand, McNabb will have a field day with a quality WR to throw to, not to to mention an extremely fast 3rd or 4th reciever in Jackson.

Course, this is the Eagles. If this goes through, they'll have a phenomenal Regular Season and an extraordinary 2 Rounds of Wild Card and Division Playoff Football- and fail miserably at either the NFCC, or lucky make it to the Super Bowl and suck it up over there.

The eagles aren't going to pay for a top FA, especially after the Jevon Kearse fiasco

Like Asante? :)

Only big time free agent I can the Eagles going after is Gross from Carolina, to be honest. One thought I had after hearing of AJSmith's seeming desire to be rid of LT, why not bring him over and let him and WB share time? He'd be a great fit with his receiving ability and would prolong both of their careers. A waste of time thinking about it, as they're going to want some high pick(s), but interesting IMO.

As to OP, TJ's going to be 32...can't see them investing big in him, especially when he's been a #2 his whole career.

Only big time free agent I can the Eagles going after is Gross from Carolina, to be honest. TJ's going to be 32...can't see them investing big in him, especially when he's been a #2 his whole career.
Two first round selections in a draft loaded with OT's. I expect them to look address OT via the draft. Besides, do you see them bringing in another huge contract? Gross will cost...

We disagree on Hanson being as good as Lito as a corner. In nickle, perhaps, Lito isn't as good.

If they're both free agents and I'm a team that needs a corner, obviously I'd sign Sheppard.

But the idea that the Eagles' benching of Sheppard was motivated by anything other than a desire to improve the team is ridiculous. The defense improved, empirically, the day the move was made. There's no room for an honest difference of opinion.

The difference in talent levels in the NFL is too thin for a guy to play uninspired football and remain better than those behind him in the depth chart.

If they're both free agents and I'm a team that needs a corner, obviously I'd sign Sheppard.

That has always been my point. Did Lito play uninspired because of the depth chart issue? I have no idea. I'm not in the locker room, and there is simply no way of knowing that. Of course, that's the line we got from the Eagles, but we've gotten disinformation from the Eagles many times over in the past with disgruntled players. Trotter, Duce, Bobby Taylor, LJ, Troy Vincent, Al Harris, Westbrook, the list goes on.

By all accounts, Lito has been a solid locker room guy. There isn't a hint of the disgruntled. He isn't doing push ups in his driveway, or riding a bike in a discovery channel jersey. He isn't talking to the press. He's doing his job, so it would seem.

Now as a coach, you figure out a way to get your best players on the field. Lito is better. The only reason I can figure he didn't make the field is the contract stuff. Look in the not so distant past to when Michael Lewis was the SS. We can argue how bad Michael Lewis was playing, and why he got benched for Considine, but he had a contract dispute. Once he gave that very ugly TD up , he was made a scapegoat and that was that. End of Michael Lewis in Philly. All the players remember this stuff. Lewis is still a starter in San Fran, and probably always deserved to be the starter over Considine, even though he was playing like crap at the time.

I feel that Lito can still be a starter on most NFL teams. I do not feel that way at all about Joselio Hanson.

That has always been my point. Did Lito play uninspired because of the depth chart issue? I have no idea. I'm not in the locker room, and there is simply no way of knowing that. Of course, that's the line we got from the Eagles, but we've gotten disinformation from the Eagles many times over in the past with disgruntled players. Trotter, Duce, Bobby Taylor, LJ, Troy Vincent, Al Harris, Westbrook, the list goes on.

By all accounts, Lito has been a solid locker room guy. There isn't a hint of the disgruntled. He isn't doing push ups in his driveway, or riding a bike in a discovery channel jersey. He isn't talking to the press. He's doing his job, so it would seem.

Now as a coach, you figure out a way to get your best players on the field. Lito is better. The only reason I can figure he didn't make the field is the contract stuff. Look in the not so distant past to when Michael Lewis was the SS. We can argue how bad Michael Lewis was playing, and why he got benched for Considine, but he had a contract dispute. Once he gave that very ugly TD up , he was made a scapegoat and that was that. End of Michael Lewis in Philly. All the players remember this stuff. Lewis is still a starter in San Fran, and probably always deserved to be the starter over Considine, even though he was playing like crap at the time.

I feel that Lito can still be a starter on most NFL teams. I do not feel that way at all about Joselio Hanson.

This is ridiculous. I have no interest continuing this discussion, as it seems clear we are living in different realities.

I know, I know, you hate the Eagles and think their front office is evil and manipulative.

I'll say only that, thank god the team got Sheppard off the field when they did. It was one of the best decisions the team made this season (along with putting Jordan if over Gaither, another move that I'm sure you have plugged into your "create a conspiracy" machine).

Archived