Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 950 (Philly) TJ wants to be an Eagle?

Number5

This is ridiculous. I have no interest continuing this discussion, as it seems clear we are living in different realities.

I know, I know, you hate the Eagles and think their front office is evil and manipulative.

I'll say only that, thank god the team got Sheppard off the field when they did. It was one of the best decisions the team made this season (along with putting Jordan if over Gaither, another move that I'm sure you have plugged into your "create a conspiracy" machine).

You're right. I'm living in a reality that views Lito as a starting caliber CB, and Joselio as a nickle corner. Who got his shot by replacing an injured Lito. Did Lito mail it in this season? No idea. But he still wants out of Philly. Just like the long list of other players I mentioned above.

You're right. I'm living in a reality that views Lito as a starting caliber CB, and Joselio as a nickle corner. Who got his shot by replacing an injured Lito. Did Lito mail it in this season? No idea. But he still wants out of Philly. Just like the long list of other players I mentioned above.

That's fine. He wants out. I would too if I were him. And other guys have fallen out of favor over the years with the Eagles, just like guys have fallen out of favor with every other team in the NFL.

The Eagles benched a guy who was playing badly. Your argument is dog **** because you refuse to accept this premise, or, you attempt to dance around it with ideas like "a coach should get the best out of his player."

Joselio Hanson was a pending free agent when they plugged him into the starting lineup. Lito Sheppard was under contract through 2011. They made the move for one reason and one reason only: on field results.

And, it worked. Definitively. Empirically. The defense improved. The nickel defense improved. The pass defense improved. This isn't even worth discussing.

I would do more research before taking a position if I were you.

You re kidding, I know Alabama man. You really think Joselio is a world beater. I know Lito played badly this year, but the Michael Lewis comparison is a good one.

Lewis was playing like crap. He got replaced by Considine, and everyone wearing green hoped he could step up. In the short run he did. People like Westy were defending his play. In the long run, he came up way short.

Lewis is still a starter for San Fran. Great? No. Better than Considine? Without question.

That's Joselio. Different position, same idea. He's good enough to get the job done at nickle, but not good enough to start (IMO). Lito could never play nickle. Why? Well it damn sure wasn't for a lack of talent, because he's better than Joselio. Injury? Desire? Some crazy dockeryfan conspiracy theory? Who knows.

Dock, it's desire man. Lito lost it halfway through the season and regardless of his talent level, other players on the roster were gonna produce better than someone with his mindset.

If he gets in the right situation and the right contract, no doubt he has the ability to be above average. It's really just a shame when you know a player quit on a team. I don't know if I'd want that player on my team (Skins, leave him alone please!).

Actually I do know....and we DON'T WANT THEM ON OUR TEAM SKINS FANS! We're better off without players that think that way. We need players that are hungry, happy and priviledged to be apart of our roster.

Much like most of the high profile FA's every year, he will go where the money is.

If it's Philly, so be it. But it's just as likely he goes to Oakland or Detroit if the money there is better.

Absolutely. These talk radio campaigns by free agents are silly and ineffective. Housh was on a Chicago radio station later in the day praising Rex Grossman.

Absolutely. These talk radio campaigns by free agents are silly and ineffective. Housh was on a Chicago radio station later in the day praising Rex Grossman.

Back to TJ ( I kind of derailed the thread). I don't see how he's that much of a help to Philly vs what he might cost. Where does he fit in with Curtis/Jackson? he'll end up being a high priced Avant.

Back to TJ ( I kind of derailed the thread). I don't see how he's that much of a help to Philly vs what he might cost. Where does he fit in with Curtis/Jackson? he'll end up being a high priced Avant.

I don't want to look at this too closely, because I'm not sure I see this deal really happening, but I think Housh and D Jax would start and Curtis would play in the slot, a position at which he's excelled in the league. Housh is definitely a possession receiver, but he's so much better than Avant that I think he would actually add a new dimension to the offense.

More than any season in recent memory, I do not have a concrete sense of what I think the Eagles should do to improve their roster. I see a number of spots in need of improvement, but "ranking" those positions is nearly impossible, at least for me.

Archived