Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gun people>>>>>

skinsaddict

So, I got a gun. actually, a rifle.

my grandfather just got put into a home and he wanted me to have all his guns. The family wanted to split them up and I didn't really care, so they gave me first choice. I'm not a gun guy so I chose a Winchester hunting rifle (I probably will like target shooting then having a 12 guage).

I just showed it to my neighbor and he said is was made in the 40's and is probably worth about $800 or so and maybe more. he seemed very jealous and actually took it home to clean and did some research.

it is a winchester model 64 W.C.F. and preceded the 30-30 or something like that.

that being said, does anyone have one of these and is there an online resource to check the serial number? my neighbor said he checked it and the parts were from 1938 and it was assembled in 1943.

I think it is badass and we are going shooting next week.

is this thing really worth something? my neighbor said it has the origional leather strap and brass snaps.

You should watch The Antiques Roadshow.

I've seen it. But I've never heard of a $50,000 gun.

I'd love to see what my grandfather has in his gun cabinet. Post it on eBay and claim that Billy the Kid used it in one of the many saloon battles he was in.

If people don't believe me I'll just etch B.K. into the side of the barrell.

I've seen it. But I've never heard of a $50,000 gun.

I'd love to see what my grandfather has in his gun cabinet. Post it on eBay and claim that Billy the Kid used it in one of the many saloon battles he was in.

If people don't believe me I'll just etch B.K. into the side of the barrell.

I'll give you six bucks and a ****job.

(Let me edit that before I get in trouble.)

You should watch The Antiques Roadshow.

I was on that show something like 12-15 years ago. Crazy. I was a little kid with my grandmothers journals, they put me on the show and told me the journals were worth 5K or something like that. I still have the tape at home. Pretty hilarious to watch every once in a while.

Personally I would say yes if it is in good condition and you don't go banging it around....just clean it well and oil it good

your friend can instruct you in that.

While it is worth a bit it is not so rare as to just hide away.

It is a good way to remember the one who gave it to ya.

My mother received a heirloom from my grandfather shortly before he passed away.

It is an Iver Johnson, I think .32 Caliber? revolver. The gun was made in 1899. They are actually not worth much, but it's still pretty cool. There were the old type, where you actually had to individually load each chamber. Modern rounds wouldn't work in the gun. The charge would probably cause it to blow up in your hand. :laugh:

You might have a gunsmith give it a quick look before shooting it.

my neighbor cleaned the heck out of it, said he took off every nut and bolt to make sure it was in working order. I still might let him shoot it first :)

anyone else know anything about this gun?

do I have to get it registered?

Archived