Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A.R.E would be the best #3/gadget in the nfl...

marcoskins

Have you seen this board lately? Every thread is bleeding into every other thread, and it destroys any valid discussion of anything BUT how much Campbell sucks. There's no room for actual discussion when it all comes back to "OMG JC is fail OMG OMG OMG!" for EVERY thread.

I know bro... I've been trying to stay away from the Stadium because it's gotten so bad, but I want a new avatar.:D

I've spotted the flaw in your summation of the strength of the receiving core.....

We have no adequate pro QB to get them the ball on a consistant basis. At least not the one currently starting. ;).

Hail.

ffs I swear some people's on this board's pillows have tear stained intials JC in them the way they turn every single thread into bashing Campbell.

"Hey Bob, hell of a winter we're having, huh?"

"Yeah, and it won't get any better until Jason Campbell is gone."

THAT is how stupid you people sound.

Ridiculous. It's Campbell bashing regardless of the "basis" of your argument. You could relate Campbell to any topic if you wanted to use your "everything is related" logic. Campbell wouldn't have a problem if Randle-El would return every punt back for a touchdown, right? Rogers sucks for Randle-El because he doesn't give them a shorter field which would help Campbell. Zorn should call different plays for Campbell to throw.

Again, that's how illogical you all sound and how poor your "defense" of this outright bashing is.

Look at the above, and tell me exactly who's sounding, in your words, "stupid" and "illogical" again? :doh:

It's "ridiculous" huh to think that there's a direct corollation between the QB and receiver when it comes to discussing the positives and negatives of either a perticular receiver or receiving core in general? And to then bring that up as part of a discussion on the said receiver?

Forgive how "we" all sound, the "Campbell bashers", as you so flippently and arrogantly call us, when we have the gall to suggest it may just not matter WHO is playing at receiver when the QB's play is so consistently poor, (FACT, not fiction, based on his pro career to date), because that fly's in the face of what YOU believe.

So maybe's the next time your either throwing up, or agreeing with another poster about the "poor play of the line", or "receiving deficiency's", as you and many others have in other threads, the so called "Campbell bashers" should pull you on "going off topic" and not sticking SOLELY to that specific person, regardless of any other legitimate factors.

Is that how this works? :doh:.

No, because some of us are gracious enough to accept others views in a reasoned manner and consider ALL factors on things; as opposed to your above childish retorts because you disagreed with something, even if we disagree with something another poster has to say.

They don't make you just sound, what was it, "stupid and illogical";they make you sound way more immature than your 24 years suggest.

Hail.

JC shots become warranted everytime i see comments such as "lets trade for _______ (WR) because he'll make a difference". no WR in the world will make a difference as long as campbell is behind center. some of you can cry all you want about jc bashing, but when it comes to player acquisition at the WR spot, JC will get bashed.

Look at the above, and tell me exactly who's sounding, in your words, "stupid" and "illogical" again? :doh:

It's "ridiculous" huh to think that there's a direct corollation between the QB and receiver when it comes to discussing the positives and negatives of either a perticular receiver or receiving core in general? And to then bring that up as part of a discussion on the said receiver?

Forgive how "we" all sound, the "Campbell bashers", as you so flippently and arrogantly call us, when we have the gall to suggest it may just not matter WHO is playing at receiver when the QB's play is so consistently poor, (FACT, not fiction, based on his pro career to date), because that fly's in the face of what YOU believe.

So maybe's the next time your either throwing up, or agreeing with another poster about the "poor play of the line", or "receiving deficiency's", as you and many others have in other threads, the so called "Campbell bashers" should pull you on "going off topic" and not sticking SOLELY to that specific person, regardless of any other legitimate factors.

Is that how this works? :doh:.

No, because some of us are gracious enough to accept others views in a reasoned manner and consider ALL factors on things; as opposed to your above childish retorts because you disagreed with something, even if we disagree with something another poster has to say.

They don't make you just sound, what was it, "stupid and illogical";they make you sound way more immature than your 24 years suggest.

Hail.

I can't express the pride that I have that you've found an online thesaurus and can act so tough online. I won't bother to correct your grammar or spelling as you so clearly have made a very strong effort to sound as professional and mature as you can, and I would feel just awful bursting your bubble. I'm both very impressed and intimidated.

Anyway, back to reality:

This thread is to discuss Randle-El. You keep bringing up Campbell as though that frees up Randle-El from his responsibilities to catch the ball, run with it, and return punts. As verbose as you have been, it really comes down to this: You're either making excuses for him or blaming Campbell.

You pick which one.

JC shots become warranted everytime i see comments such as "lets trade for _______ (WR) because he'll make a difference". no WR in the world will make a difference as long as campbell is behind center. some of you can cry all you want about jc bashing, but when it comes to player acquisition at the WR spot, JC will get bashed.

Then why even have threads? Just make wasting our time easier and copy and paste the same response from every other thread since you all can't bother to discuss the actual player, since it all comes back to Campbell.

$10M is a very large bonus for a wide receiver whose most memorable play was as a passer not as a pass catcher in the NFL.

2006 will go down with 2000 as a year the Redskins spent money to the high heavens only to get mediocre returns at best for their trouble.

Randle El is perhaps the 'best' of the 2006 acquisitions, if only because he has managed to stay on the roster and show some productivity. But he has been miscast as a #2 receiver and to this day engenders more fear from defenses for his arm on the option than for his hands and feet as a down field receiver.

When one is comparing someone to Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta and Andre Carter, it is a very low bar set to make a player look solid in comparison.

$10M is a very large bonus for a wide receiver whose most memorable play was as a passer not as a pass catcher in the NFL.

2006 will go down with 2000 as a year the Redskins spent money to the high heavens only to get mediocre returns at best for their trouble.

Randle El is perhaps the 'best' of the 2006 acquisitions, if only because he has managed to stay on the roster and show some productivity. But he has been miscast as a #2 receiver and to this day engenders more fear from defenses for his arm on the option than for his hands and feet as a down field receiver.

When one is comparing someone to Brandon Lloyd, Adam Archuleta and Andre Carter, it is a very low bar set to make a player look solid in comparison.

Agreed on all points. Randle-El has done little to nothing, especially when compared to other #2s, and I was very excited to get him. I just don't understand why any star player just fails when they come to us. Return a punt. Catch the ball. Go to that ten- by forty-yard rectangle at the other end of the field while holding said ball. He just doesn't do it.

And yes, being the best acquisition of 2006 is like being the richest man in a homeless shelter.

I can't express the pride that I have that you've found an online thesaurus and can act so tough online. I won't bother to correct your grammar or spelling as you so clearly have made a very strong effort to sound as professional and mature as you can, and I would feel just awful bursting your bubble. I'm both very impressed and intimidated.

Anyway, back to reality:

This thread is to discuss Randle-El. You keep bringing up Campbell as though that frees up Randle-El from his responsibilities to catch the ball, run with it, and return punts. As verbose as you have been, it really comes down to this: You're either making excuses for him or blaming Campbell.

You pick which one.

The first paragraph doesn't deserve a response, so moving on.....

Could you MISS the premiss any more if you tried?

I never once defended El, but I wait with baited breath for you to point out where I did. Randel El has been a complete flop for the money paid almost from the day he got here, and why the heck we continue to utilize him as a punt returner is anyone's guess.

I just question how ANY receiver would put up great numbers when the present QB is tasked with supplying them. But seeing as you continue to ignore the QB/Receiver combination when looking at all aspects of a wide-out's play, then were going round in circles.

Oh, and please point out the spelling mistakes you alluded to. I'm curious and will willingly stand corrected. (Not forgetting the difference between American English and the old Country that bares the langauges name. ;).).

Hail.

The first paragraph doesn't deserve a response, so moving on.....

Could you MISS the premiss any more if you tried?

I never once defended El, but I wait with baited breath for you to point out where I did. Randel El has been a complete flop for the money paid almost from the day he got here, and why the heck we continue to utilize him as a punt returner is anyone's guess.

I just question how ANY receiver would put up great numbers when the present QB is tasked with supplying them. But seeing as you continue to ignore the QB/Receiver combination when looking at all aspects of a wide-out's play, then were going round in circles.

Oh, and please point out the spelling mistakes you alluded to. I'm curious and will willingly stand corrected. (Not forgetting the difference between American English and the old Country that bares the langauges name. ;).).

Hail.

Look, I like a lot of your posts and what you have to say for the most part, so I'm done with this petty bantering. We're Redskins fans, so we're better than this.

I'd just LOVE to see a thread that doesn't break down into a "discussion" of Campbell. I like him, I do, but I've never liked the quarterback being blamed for everything, even when it was Shuler or George or the Brunell of 2006. It's never just the quarterback's fault, ever, and each player has his own responsibilities to uphold.

Randle-El isn't. That is independent of Campbell.

];6082049']In theory' date=' ARE would be great in this offense. It requires a lot of YAC, and he ought to be good at that considering his punt return abilities.

But he regularly dropped passes this past year, and you can only be a gadget if your coach will use you as such.

You haven't watched him return a punt for the Washington Redskins, have you?

Randle-El has done little to nothing, especially when compared to other #2s, and I was very excited to get him.

This is the problem for Randle El on this team and Santana Moss, to a certain degree. First, he is making pro-bowler money and he isn't that good. Secondly, because WR is our thinnest position on offense, he is forced into the split end and flanker positions, at times, thereby skewing his production and subsequent stats. He is the very definition of a slot receiver and in that role he would excel.

As an aside, the man has no business returning punts for us. Under any circumstances. He's horrific.

Look, I like a lot of your posts and what you have to say for the most part, so I'm done with this petty bantering. We're Redskins fans, so we're better than this.

I'd just LOVE to see a thread that doesn't break down into a "discussion" of Campbell. I like him, I do, but I've never liked the quarterback being blamed for everything, even when it was Shuler or George or the Brunell of 2006. It's never just the quarterback's fault, ever, and each player has his own responsibilities to uphold.

Randle-El isn't. That is independent of Campbell.

Touche.

We most certainly are Redskins fans and better than this. :cheers:

And we can both agree on the fact that El has not held up his end of the bargain, at all, REGARDLESS of anyone else.

It starts with your own personal performance and pride, and he's not shown the Pittsburgh form that we were so sold on in the first place in the colours of the burgundy and gold.

He's been, for the most part, just another in the LONG line of Snyder "mercenaries" who's salary WAY out weighs their actual performance.

Regardless of the differing views you and I have on the QB, one fact that is constant is the receiving group has a good ways to go, both in terms of production and personnel, before it can be classed among the elite.

Hail.

*Ty for the kind words on my posts btw. It's always good to hear your thoughts are appreciated by others.

I think many of you haven't given Randle El a fair assesment.

The guy was brought in here in 06 to be the #3 receiver and for the past 3 seasons, he's had to play the #2. HE IS NOT A #2 RECIEVER! That being said he has done an admirable job in that position.

Let's get ourselves a real #2 reciever and watch Randle El EXPLODE next year and be that threat we brought him here to be.

Archived