Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A.R.E would be the best #3/gadget in the nfl...

marcoskins

Which is exactly why we should keep him... I'm so tired of hearing about releasing this guy...he's rarely hurt and is a great locker room guy. It would seem that he's perfect for the WCO, he was a dangerous QB at IU, and his stats when throwing the ball in the NFL are awesome.

I love the idea of a boldin trade....Moss, Quan, and twan....that's a top 5 WR core in the NFL! ( i have been drinking firefly vodka, but top 5 seems like it makes sense)

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts, i just believe that the Skins have bigger issues than considering the release of ARE....

marco:dallasuck

Which is exactly why we should keep him... I'm so tired of hearing about releasing this guy...he's rarely hurt and is a great locker room guy. It would seem that he's perfect for the WCO, he was a dangerous QB at IU, and his stats when throwing the ball in the NFL are awesome.

I love the idea of a boldin trade....Moss, Quan, and twan....that's a top 5 WRc core in the NFL! ( i have ben drinking firefly vodka, but top 5 seems like it makes sense)

Anyway, would love to hear your thoughts, i just believe that the Skins have bigger issues than considering the release of ARE....

marco:dallasuck

You don't need the best WR's to be good. We have a capable crew, the only thing we are missing is a #2 Wr. It would be stupid to aquire any more Wr's, we drafted two last year. We are fine just pray one of our draft picks step up.

As far as your title is concerned, I agree 100%. He is a great slot WR. We needa good # 2.

I have no problems with ARE, and I think that if Thomas or Kelly develop into good WRs he would still be a good contributer to the team. He just can't be productive enough to be a good #2.

Boldin trade would be silly and a waste of our resources. We invested 2 of our first 3 picks on WRs last year. Give them time.

Carlos and Malcolm for Anquan....

u still say don't do it?

It would cost $2.4 million to keep Carlos next year, $3.9 to trade him.

It would cost $701,000 to keep Kelly next year, $948,000 to trade him.

We would have to give Boldin an enormous contract extension since that's the reason he's not happy in Arizona.

Lose $1.75 million on one of our best corners and one of our top draft picks for a great receiver who wants a Larry Fitzgerald money?

I'd think about it, but probably wouldn't pull the trigger.

I hear ya on the financials, but we part ways with a somewhat disgruntled guy in Rogers, who is going to want deangelo hall type money (whatever that winds up being) ...both these guys have also been hurt...Kelly's knee has been a problem his last 2 years now...

That trade just seems to have some real upside for both teams (financials aside) and again, with what started this post, I just would hope that getting rid of ARE is not in the works...

ARE is a good #3 receiver and thats about it. whats disgusting about him is how much we pay for him.

and we are going to suck on offense as long as jason campbell is behind center. we can trade for anquan boldin or whoever else we want, but as long as jason "i need 18 seconds to find the open guy" candle is behind center, were going to continue to sputter.

Randle El is just in the wrong role ... financially, he worked out better than Lloyd and Archuleta ... he is a great player to keep around if he is used properly.

Use him on gadget plays .. occasional slot receiving ... great weapon ... but not a number two. Thats Devin and/or Malcolm's roll.

financially, he worked out better than Lloyd and Archuleta ... he is a great player to keep around if he is used properly.

Use him on gadget plays .. occasional slot receiving ... great weapon ... but not a number two. Thats Devin and/or Malcolm's roll.

They paid the guy more than some teams #1 receiver gets but he isn't even a decent #2. Between Randel El, Moss, and Lloyd, thats almost 20Mil against NEXT years cap. Think about it. Lloyd and Randel El each will count more against our cap NEXT year than some teams #1 receiver. How much does Boldin make right now? Probably not a lot more than those scrubs do, no wonder he is pissed about his contract. I guarantee that he doesn't count as much as Lloyd and Randel El will against our 2009 cap, which is around 11.5Mil.

ARE should be given a pink slip. Sorry, but he can't return punts. Moss did it twice last year, and almost had 2 TD's. This is another area that needs to be addressed. The Skins seemed to be in bad field position all the time. Thats why Pat White should be drafted in the later rounds, for special teams. Yes, he could be a threat on the offense.

ARE is a good #3 receiver and thats about it. whats disgusting about him is how much we pay for him.

and we are going to suck on offense as long as jason campbell is behind center. we can trade for anquan boldin or whoever else we want, but as long as jason "i need 18 seconds to find the open guy" candle is behind center, were going to continue to sputter.

I agree 100%. He is a terrible punt returner and a #3 receiver at best, yet we are paying him the salary of a #1 receiver. I like his personality and he hooked up with the hottest white girl from my college at a player's party when he was with the Steelers (much respect in my book), but signing him was a terrible move by Danny and Vinny.

His production has not even come close to justifying what we pay him.

I agree 100%. He is a terrible punt returner and a #3 receiver at best, yet we are paying him the salary of a #1 receiver. I like his personality and he hooked up with the hottest white girl from my college at a player's party when he was with the Steelers (much respect in my book), but signing him was a terrible move by Danny and Vinny.

His production has not even come close to justifying what we pay him.

Actually, I believe his contract was backloaded a bit. Minimum base salaries in the first few years:

Cap # for ARE:

2006: $1.6M

2007: $2.4M

2008: $2.7M

----

2009: $6.1M

2010: $6.4M

2011: $5.6M

2012: $6.1M

2013: $6.3M

We weren't paying that much early on. Last year, he was ranked 45th in salary cap hit among WRs. However, from now on, the base salaries jump up to $4-5M each season, resulting in high cap hits. By the way, from 09 onwards, ARE's cap #s are almost the same as Moss.

Actually, I believe his contract was backloaded a bit. Minimum base salaries in the first few years:

Cap # for ARE:

2006: $1.6M

2007: $2.4M

2008: $2.7M

----

2009: $6.1M

2010: $6.4M

2011: $5.6M

2012: $6.1M

2013: $6.3M

We weren't paying that much early on. Last year, he was ranked 45th in salary cap hit among WRs. However, from now on, the base salaries jump up to $4-5M each season, resulting in high cap hits. By the way, from 09 onwards, ARE's cap #s are almost the same as Moss.

If that's true I expect him to be gone or restructured this offseason.

You don't need the best WR's to be good. We have a capable crew, the only thing we are missing is a #2 Wr. It would be stupid to aquire any more Wr's, we drafted two last year. We are fine just pray one of our draft picks step up.

I've spotted the flaw in your summation of the strength of the receiving core.....

We have no adequate pro QB to get them the ball on a consistant basis. At least not the one currently starting. ;).

Hail.

Campbell bashers are seriously effing idiots.

In fact, any particular player's bashers just ruin this board.

This thread is about how to use Randle-El, and some people just want to come in and start **** talking about Campbell. It has literally no bearing on this conversation whatsoever, but these attention whores need their daily dose. I can't imagine what their real lives must be like.

"Hey Bob, hell of a winter we're having, huh?"

"Yeah, and it won't get any better until Jason Campbell is gone."

THAT is how stupid you people sound.

THANK YOU!

Yea, seems like every thread turns into "I hate JC"...and it's always the same people...cool, we get it, You hate JC...

However, there are 52 other players on our roster, and once in a while people may wanna talk about them also...

sometimes I think you morons would rather see us play with out a QB altogether...Let's see how effective the direct snap to Portis is 80 times per game.... alright, back to 82....

Campbell bashers are seriously effing idiots.

In fact, any particular player's bashers just ruin this board.

This thread is about how to use Randle-El, and some people just want to come in and start **** talking about Campbell. It has literally no bearing on this conversation whatsoever, but these attention whores need their daily dose.

How doe's the production, or lack there of, which ever the case may be, of a wide receiver bare NO relation to his QB, and his production, or lack there of?

The two are intrinsically linked, however you cut it.

To have a discussion on a wide-out's effectiveness and ignore one of the main eliments that pertains to that is hardly a fair discussion on the said player.

Or, you could always chose to have a half debate and exclude any negatives on the man tasked with getting these wide-outs the ball and put it down to "Campbell bashing."

Whichever suits, shrugs.

Hail.

How doe's the production, or lack there of, which ever the case may be, of a wide receiver bare NO relation to his QB, and his production, or lack there of?

To have a discussion on a wide-out's effectiveness and ignore one of the main eliments that pertains to that is hardly a fair discussion on the said player.

Or, you could always chose to have a half debate and exclude any negatives on the man tasked with getting these wide-outs the ball and put it down to "Campbell bashing."

Whichever suits, shrugs.

Hail.

I'm sorry, but the JC shots had no place in this thread, regardless of the fact the ARE is a receiver. I tend to just ignore them though, unlike the poster you quoted... Oh well. Not as big a deal as he was making it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Whichever suits, shrugs.

Hail.

Ridiculous. It's Campbell bashing regardless of the "basis" of your argument. You could relate Campbell to any topic if you wanted to use your "everything is related" logic. Campbell wouldn't have a problem if Randle-El would return every punt back for a touchdown, right? Rogers sucks for Randle-El because he doesn't give them a shorter field which would help Campbell. Zorn should call different plays for Campbell to throw.

Again, that's how illogical you all sound and how poor your "defense" of this outright bashing is.

I'm sorry, but the JC shots had no place in this thread, regardless of the fact the ARE is a receiver. I tend to just ignore them though, unlike the poster you quoted... Oh well. Not as big a deal as he was making it. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Have you seen this board lately? Every thread is bleeding into every other thread, and it destroys any valid discussion of anything BUT how much Campbell sucks. There's no room for actual discussion when it all comes back to "OMG JC is fail OMG OMG OMG!" for EVERY thread.

Archived