Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tips for Haircuts?

Hubbs

I get my hair cut about 3 or 4 times a year... So they've got to take a lot off when I go... I always go to Regis in the mall, never ask for a specific person because they always do a great job regardless... To me, a haircut is pretty important because if it's good, I feel great afterwards... That being said haircut = $25 depending on the cut/conversation between $5 and $10... (I figure a great haircut will get me an extra $10 in tips the next night I work) Stylists usually give me their card after I tip them like that, and I just say "If you're working the next time I come in, so be it, but everyone does a great job"

I've been going there since I moved here in '05...

I've been tipping 5 bucks on a haircut for many years.

I get a clipper cut w/ very little scissor work involved.

The price has gone up over those years from $8-$13 but my TIP has always stayed the same. (I've been going to the same shop for the past 10 years)

I still get out of there for under 20 bucks.

My haircut costs 15 bucks, and i give Mary Lynn 5. She's very good, and has been cutting my hair for over ten years. Only one other person has cut my hair in that time, and it's because Mary Lynn was on vacation, and I needed one before a big meeting.

'Course, 20 bucks works out to about 46 cents per hair on my head, but that isn't her fault.

~Bang

Where do you go?

I go to the place right by Kmart (haircuts Inc, I think). I've had most of them cut my hair, but that's only because my routine isn't down pat and they all have awkward schedules. I try to stick with Kathleen, but her schedule changes frequently also.

Mine usually runs around 15 or 16 bucks and I tip $2 minimum. If we've had a good conversation I'll tip three or four.

Archived