Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senior Bowl, possible redskins players

wilco_holland

At Januari 19 the hole senior bowl thing starts...so I thought lets make a thread for that.

First I wanna post the current Redskins DE Jason Taylor will get his induction in the Senior Bowl Hall of Fame (if anyone cares).

I think we should take a look at these guys:

North squad,

B.J Raji DT Boston College

Ron Brace DT Boston College

Victor 'Macho' Harris CB Virginia Tech

Clint Sintim OLB Virginia

Tyron McKenzie OLB South Florida

Marcus Freeman OLB Ohio St.

Phil Loadholt OT Oklahoma

William Beatty OT Connecticut

South squad,

Brian Crushing OLB USC

Clay Matthews OLB USC

Rey Maualuga MLB USC

Arian Foster HB Tennessee

James Davis HB Clemson

Perry Jerry DT Ole MIss

Vance Walker DT Georgia Tech

Robert Ayers DE Tennessee

Fili Moala DT USC

Michael Oher OT Ole Miss

Troy Kropog OT Tulane

Jonathan Luigs C Arkansas

I rather have that some of these players have a once in a lifetime bad day so they could fall to us in later rounds, because a lot of these players are hanging around the second round.

I got the feeling that this senior bowl is the bowl to shine for the lineman, there aren't a lot of big time skills players walking around.

2009 Under Armour Senior Bowl on NFL Network Programming Schedule:

Monday, Jan. 19

4:00 ET – Day 1: North Team Practice (HD)

8:00 ET – Day 1: Under Armour Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Tuesday, Jan. 20

10:30 ET – Day 2: North Team Practice (HD)

5:00 ET *– Day 2: South Team Practice (HD)

8:00 ET – Day 2: Under Armour Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Wednesday, Jan. 21

10:30 ET – Day 3: North Team Practice (HD)

5:00 ET *– Day 3: South Team Practice (HD)

8:00 ET – Day 3: Under Armour Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Thursday, Jan. 22

10:30 ET – Day 4: North Team Practice (HD)

5:00 ET *– Day 4: South Team Practice (HD)

8:00 ET – Day 4: Under Armour Senior Bowl Recap Show (HD)

Saturday, Jan. 24

6:30 ET – Under Armour Senior Bowl Pregame Show (HD)

7:00 ET – 2009 Under Armour Senior Bowl (HD)

10:00 ET – NFL Total Access

I'm not really sure why we would consider Arian Foster for two reasons.

1. We don't need a RB and both lines are glaring needs.

2. Foster is not a great back. He only accumulated 570 rushing yards and 1 TD this year.

Both CP and Ladell are much better RB's IMO.

I do think that a RB is needed. Portis needs help. Betts is not the answer. The Skins could use a threat at that position.

I hope at some point Brace is on the field without Raji next to him. They have been a great tandem with Raji getting most of the notice. What little I've seen of Brace (against much weaker competition) he has appeared very athletic against the run and pass.

Phil Loadholt would be an excellent pickup for us. He is more in the mold of a Joe Jacoby. Macho Harris is good but we have enough cornerbacks plus there could be a chance that he will play some safety at the next level. As far as defensive line goes, I seen the video of Jarron Gilbert from San Diego State and I think he would be a nice addition. I am pretty sure we are going to get an offensive lineman specifically a tackle and this draft is loaded with them.

I'm not really sure why we would consider Arian Foster for two reasons.

1. We don't need a RB and both lines are glaring needs.

2. Foster is not a great back. He only accumulated 570 rushing yards and 1 TD this year.

Both CP and Ladell are much better RB's IMO.

add davis to the list or RBs we dont need. as much as im a clemson supporter. i dont want davis. hes a power back who could get an occassional speed burst against college defenses. plus his hands are horrible. not a good combo for a west coast offense. also, look at how his stats were earlier in the season when our offensive line was a mess. if he couldnt produce behind a sucky college oline, how well will he do behind a sucky pro line?

LOVE Clint Sintim

But the whole running back thing, its not that we need a big time back, we just need a compliment for portis. He is not an bruiser and not a scat back, he is in between. We either need a brandon jacobs type back or felix jones.

James Davis is going to fall to the later rounds and could be a bruiser type back.

I think we get rid of betts

BJ Raji practise like a beast today....isn't realy a good thing for the Skins.

off topic

But I heard some good news, GreenBay is also moving to a 3-4 D#. This would mean that a lot (realy a lot) of teams are in the hunt for 3-4 players...so the real 4-3 DE's and OT could be availble for us

We need to protect the Quarterback and young up our lines enough with this We need RB we probally could use a wr and unload maybe ARE and prob hate to say Thrash and maybe get a Boldin or Percy. But I think that FO needs to address the lines so CLinton is Happy and our Quarterback is protect and on flipside we have a pass rush and put pressure on other QB's I thing with 4 picks we should trade 1st rnd for 2nd round and nt have to pay all that money to first rounders that haven't proven nothing yet to team.

There are no impact DTs in this draft. Stay away from Raji and Jerry. Neither of which are what we need unless you want the same pass rush problems next season. Our pass rush wont be worth a damn without a pocket collapsing DT. We could have Peppers and Osi at DEs and still they would suck when we have no one folding the pocket.

Archived