Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Direct TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket???

Ant15fromNJ

Hello fellow extremers does anyone have the nfl sunday ticket and know how much the whole month bill will be???
NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Easy Pay

Get a head start on the NFL season by ordering NFL SUNDAY TICKET today for just 10 payments of $27.99. Offer ends February 28.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=900044

The Sunday Ticket is awesome. The Redzone channel in HD is like doing crack on a roller coaster while getting a snarling from a Victoria's Secret model. OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but it's still pretty nice.

The Redzone channel is great to have even when the Skins are playing b/c you can hit it up during the commercials in the Skins game.

The Sunday Ticket is awesome. The Redzone channel in HD is like doing crack on a roller coaster while getting a snarling from a Victoria's Secret model. OK, that's a slight exaggeration, but it's still pretty nice.

The Redzone channel is great to have even when the Skins are playing b/c you can hit it up during the commercials in the Skins game.

Lol I've never heard it called a "snarling."

"I want what he's having."

No really, what's the redzone channel?

"I want what he's having."

No really, what's the redzone channel?

It's like watching the trailers to movies but you don't have to see the entire film that is the football game.

The RZC is seven solid hours of commercial free football in HD.

The RZC is one station on the Sunday Ticket that shows nothing but live, or near live feeds of from the games in progress. However, it only cuts to games where one team is in the red zone about to score, or the RZC shows the highlight just after a team has made a big play if the RZC is not on that game when the highlight happens. I.E. an Ed Reed int. for a TD.

Cost change and deals are to be made.

Redzone channel is the best, just goes from game to game to game with no Commercials.

Here's my advise - Wait.. Wait as long as you can. Call in Aug and work with them. Superfan should be free - insist on it. Agree to only sign up if it's free, threaten to cancel, whatever. It's always free.

Ask for more - Just DON"T do the auto renewal. They will tell you that Auto renewals saves you $20. Sure - $20 from the list price. But the thing is, every year they give you specials (Free Receivers, Free DVR, Free Superfan) for signing up. If you are on auto renewal you get none of that - unless you say you are canceling it.

I've had NFL ticket for 6 years. I've had 4 years of free superfan, a total of 16 months of free HBO, total of 12 months of free Showtime, 3 Free HD DVR's, and 1 free HD receiver. All from "Agreeing" to sign up for NFL ticket again.

This year alone, I called for something else and for agreeing to get the NFL ticket autorenewal plan I got a $20 credit on my bill for 20 months and a commitment for free superfan (It's in the case notes that it was promised to me. I even called back a week later to confirm it's in the case notes).

Not to hijack this thread but if your looking to save some money and have a fast internet connection I might suggest looking into StreamTV (google it). Used it all year when the locals were showing the games and for the price was very happy with it. Read about that here first this season when I was still lurking. For the broke college kids might want to check it out next year.

I've had the ST since 98' and I couldn't live without it. I am on auto renew every year and I have gotten the Superfan for free every year by calling and threatening to cancel. You need Superfan if you want HD. If you don't have HD then you need to get it. I cannot watch a game in standard def anymore. And the Redzone channel is great. When the skins aren't on I always watch it. It's great for fantasy too.

I've had it for 3 years. I'm going to call to see if they will lower my price as a loyal fan. I don't want Superfan. I'd have no use for it.

You don't have an HDTV?

That's the only reason I want it.....so I can finally watch the NFL Ticket in HD. It's such a scam though how they make you spend an extra $100 for that reason.

Anybody have any tips on how to get a FREE Superfan upgrade when I'm still under contract and have only had DirecTV for about 2 years? :mad:

You don't have an HDTV?

That's the only reason I want it.....so I can finally watch the NFL Ticket in HD. It's such a scam though how they make you spend an extra $100 for that reason.

Anybody have any tips on how to get a FREE Superfan upgrade when I'm still under contract and have only had DirecTV for about 2 years? :mad:

First thing to do is when you call ask to speak to a retention rep, they can give you much more than just a regular customer service person. Tell them that your local cable has really good deals on their HD service and you are thinking about switching. Tell them you really like the Sunday Ticket and would prefer not to lose it but it is hard to justify the cost. Then tell them on top of that having to pay an extra $100 for the superfan is just too costly for you at this time and ask them what they can do for you. I wouldn't be surprised if you got money off your bill for the next 6 mths. or so and additional pay channels plus the SF. Just make sure you ask for a retention rep. Let me know how you make out.

I get it every year and next year I'm gonna see if I can talk them into giving me the superfan for free.

Every year I wait until about as late as you can, then they call me, then the wheeling and dealing starts. I always get the SF for free, so far. It is the best and I just tell them that I would not be re-upping if they don't sweeten the deal. Of course being nice while driving a bargain is helpful, you usually end up with more than you think you would. Like extra movie channels packaged together. I love DirectTV. I had lighting strike my house last year and all equiptment was damaged, they replaced everything for a service fee of like $60 bucks, I thought I was going to get hosed. Not like the Cable companies, DirectTV rules.

Also I spread it out over 5 or 6 payments in the fall. With all movie channels it is like $100.00 a month and drops the other months of the year.

I was able to find the direct number for the retention dept. Hopefully it is still active: 1-800-600-8977.

I had this one, if that doesnt work: 800-824-9081.

Also - the VP of customer service: 310-964-5000.

I have never paid for the Superfan in the 5 years I have been getting the package. This year I told them that my wife was making me cancel b/c it was too much and they gave me the superfan free and $20 off for 6 months, so, nearly half price for the whole deal... they thought I was a ***** but its a small price to pay. I should also note that I do pay allot for the top package each month - all movie channels (we never rent or see movies anymore).

If you dont get lucky on the first try, call again in a few days, it really seems to be who you get on the phone.

Good luck, if you decide to accept this mission.

Anybody have any tips on how to get a FREE Superfan upgrade when I'm still under contract and have only had DirecTV for about 2 years?

Same market as me, so do what I do, I ask for it. When they ask if I am going to get Sunday ticket again, I say not unless I get the SF included, plus? And I do that without going to customer retention. Like I said, be nice, it goes far.

Archived