Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

8-8 Could mean somehting GREAT!

FunBunch7

2006 both the Giants and Packers finished 8-8 and they met in the NFC Championship game in the 2007 season with Giants winning it all...

2007 both the Eagles and Cardinals finished 8-8 and both meet in the NFC Championship game this year.

...okay, maybe I'm grasping...but it just goes to show that ANY team can make leaps and bounds from one season to the next...

As the Giants won the Superbowl last year doesn't that mean the Redskins should have it this year?

Omens like that are fun but don't read too much into them.

Yeah I here ya...but so many people are in the habbit of saying we are at least 2 yrs away, or 5 yrs away...

But the reality is that there is SO LITTLE difference between a 4-12 team and a 12-4 team...1 key free agent...one tipped pass...one 3rd down conversion...can change the course of the season...good or bad...

Miami went from 1-15 to a solid 11-5...Detroit might just win 8 or 9 games next season...Pittsburgh might finish 5-11...

This is TODAY'S NFL

It's not the players we get or have but the kind of winning character ALL must put on and grasp as the season unfolds... ESPECIALLY near the end. They need to feel it more than talk it. A team that has beaten those who are playing in the NFC Championship game should realize by now that if they had ALL been focused towards the goal, then they would have beaten at LEAST 2 of the easier teams on the schedule. I'm sorry, but I see mediocrity continue UNTIL this changes.

and the early 90's. so no, your theory doesnt work out.

:doh:

You also going to point out to me that we were good in the late 30's?

I was being facetious. Predicting what you think will happen in the future based on the past is silly. We could be mediocre for the next 50 years for all I know.

:doh:

You also going to point out to me that we were good in the late 30's?

I was being facetious. Predicting what you think will happen in the future based on the past is silly. We could be mediocre for the next 50 years for all I know.

It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet. I thought you were seriously trying to add that in there as a theory.

Oh yeah,:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh: ;)

8-8 would mean a lot more IF we had started off 2-6, and finished 6-2............but UNFORTUNATELY, we went backwards, not forwards as the season progresses! i don't know how anyone can be thinking there was anything at all positive about how the season went and especially, how it ended! WE got worse, not better as the season went along.....how does that spell optimism????????

Sweet, now that that's settled the only question is where will the NFCC game be played. Will it be here in DC or down south in New Orleans. I'm sure we can invade cajun country no problem if need be. Would be nice to have a title game in DC though.

2006 both the Giants and Packers finished 8-8 and they met in the NFC Championship game in the 2007 season with Giants winning it all...

2007 both the Eagles and Cardinals finished 8-8 and both meet in the NFC Championship game this year.

...okay, maybe I'm grasping...but it just goes to show that ANY team can make leaps and bounds from one season to the next...

-After finishing 8-8 in 2006-07 season the NY Giants had 8 draft picks in April 07.

-After finishing 8-8 in 2006-07 season the GB Packer had 11 draft picks in April 07.

-After finishing 8-8 in 2007-08 season the Eagles had 10 draft picks in April 08.

-After finishing 8-8 in 2007-08 season the Cards had all 7 draft picks in April 08.

In contrast, after finishing 8-8 we have 4 draft picks.:doh:

Edit: Had my draft years mixed up for Eagles and AZ but you get the point.

8-8 would mean a lot more IF we had started off 2-6, and finished 6-2............but UNFORTUNATELY, we went backwards, not forwards as the season progresses! i don't know how anyone can be thinking there was anything at all positive about how the season went and especially, how it ended! WE got worse, not better as the season went along.....how does that spell optimism????????

Exactly. We are more similar to the 2007 Lions. They started out at 6-2, then went on a downward spiral. They finished 7-9. Then we all know what happened this year... I'm not saying we are going 0-16 next year, but it's hard to feel optimistic. Unless there are some drastic changes for the better, I can see us going 5-11 or something like that.

Exactly. We are more similar to the 2007 Lions. They started out at 6-2, then went on a downward spiral. They finished 7-9. Then we all know what happened this year... I'm not saying we are going 0-16 next year, but it's hard to feel optimistic. Unless there are some drastic changes for the better, I can see us going 5-11 or something like that.

To add to that remember the 96 skins. starting 8-3 playoffs right there for the taking and we ended up 9-7? we went backwards and didnt have a better record for another 3 years..

-After finishing 8-8 in 2006-07 season the NY Giants had 8 draft picks in April 07.

-After finishing 8-8 in 2006-07 season the GB Packer had 11 draft picks in April 07.

-After finishing 8-8 in 2007-08 season the Eagles had 10 draft picks in April 07.

-After finishing 8-8 in 2007-08 season the Cards had all 7 draft picks in April 07.

In contrast, after finishing 8-8 we have 4 draft picks.:doh:

:nutkick:

I see your point but not so fast...

In 2006 the Giants started off 6-2 then stumbled in the 2nd half to 2-6 finishing 8-8...they then back doored into the playoffs where they lost at Philadelphia...

They then started 0-2 in 2007...

So for all intense purposes they went on a 2-9 stretch before their Super Bowl run, that WE all know started because Betts coulnd't run outside on the goal line and tripped over his lineman's feet while we wore our cute little yellow unis.

Maybe it takes a nose dive, THEN you keep the same staff in place and see what happens. Ofcourse you have to have some pieces...which we do...

Archived