Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BMW 3 series or M3?

Slateman

I want to curse and be rude so badly here....

the fact that you threw "Id buy Japanese over American" shows you have ZERO loyalty or sense when it comes to cars. There isnt a ****ing SINGLE japanese car that is as nice as the 300. and thats the truth.

Thats funny, Lexus' and Infiniti are japanese and are more superior. Go do your research.:rolleyes:

Thats funny, Lexus' and Infiniti are japanese and are more superior. Go do your research.:rolleyes:

infiniti?

bwaaaaaaaahahahahaaa!

lexus have many, MANY transmission issues.

I could roll my eyes too and tell you to get some American loyalty but we both know that would be a waste of time.

infiniti?

bwaaaaaaaahahahahaaa!

lexus have many, MANY transmission issues.

I could roll my eyes too and tell you to get some American loyalty but we both know that would be a waste of time.

Hahaha. Yeah, and american cars have NO issues at all. Thats right. I forgot. Your delusional. Thats your opinion so whatever

Hahaha. Yeah, and american cars have NO issues at all. Thats right. I forgot. Your delusional. Thats your opinion so whatever

look man, this is 3 times. You're....not your. but you're.

and Im not delusional, I just have loyalty to American made cars and would explore every option there first instead of going right in to some German car

look man, this is 3 times. You're....not your. but you're.

and Im not delusional, I just have loyalty to American made cars and would explore every option there first instead of going right in to some German car

I like typing your just to frustrate people like yourself. That's fine that you show loyalty to American cars. I'm just not in the same boat when it comes to cars.

riiiiiiiiiiiight. so while youre jocking this german piece of crap you are also helping to contribute to the downfall of Detroit and GM.

but hey, youll look cool in your aviators and beemer. :cheers:

Detroit and GM wrote their own downfall years ago. Or did you forget that they all took private planes to DC for their bailout request? Yea, you're bankrupt, but go ahead and use the private jet :rolleyes: Capitalism FTW

Oh, and I'm not "jocking" the BMW. I drove both. The 300 is far inferior in terms of performance. The 300 is more equivalent to a Lexus or Infiniti (and, honestly, the Inifinit G35s and 37s are much better).

I gave "American" a chance. The fact of the matter is that I found the BMW more preferable, both in performance and aesthetics. 300s are ugly, IMO. My family has bought American cars for quite some time. You know what they got? Crappy cars. BMW's reputations for performance and quality is well deserved.

Only American cars I'd even consider over a BMW would be a Mustang or a Charger. And, when I come back, if they're available I'll be taking them for a test drive.

BTW, most BMWs are actually assembled in America. Parts are made here too.

But Slate, I think what people are saying is that you shouldn't buy the car. I know all of your buddies drive kick ass cars but what kind of money are you going to have saved since being in the military and being deployed on base?

Do you have any investments? Are you saving for your house, your retirement, investing your extra cash to make money, not just earn it?

If you are doing all of those things, sure, get the M3!

Ok, house? Where? I'm in the military. I have no car. This is a problem. Second, where am I gonna get this house? I can pretty much guarentee I can't afford anything here in Hawaii. Third, how am I supposed to rent when I'm gone 7 months out of the year? Who's going to collect rent or fix problems in the house?

As for investments, I really don't trust the market. I had what was considered a safe investment with mutual funds and bonds. I've lost over 40k between 2001 and now. What was going to be my sister's college start fund has now become 4 thousand dollars I don't want to pay taxes on.

BTW, I have the military's version of the 401k.

I like typing your just to frustrate people like yourself. That's fine that you show loyalty to American cars. I'm just not in the same boat when it comes to cars.

so you like to frustrate people by acting dumb? :silly:

ok, agree to disagree. enough of me hijacking this thread.

good luck with whatever you decide dude. :cheers:

Only American cars I'd even consider over a BMW would be a Mustang or a Charger. And, when I come back, if they're available I'll be taking them for a test drive.

BTW, most BMWs are actually assembled in America. Parts are made here too.

Ok, house? Where? I'm in the military. I have no car. This is a problem. Second, where am I gonna get this house? I can pretty much guarentee I can't afford anything here in Hawaii. Third, how am I supposed to rent when I'm gone 7 months out of the year? Who's going to collect rent or fix problems in the house?

As for investments, I really don't trust the market. I had what was considered a safe investment with mutual funds and bonds. I've lost over 40k between 2001 and now. What was going to be my sister's college start fund has now become 4 thousand dollars I don't want to pay taxes on.

BTW, I have the military's version of the 401k.

How long are you going to be in the Military?

It's never a bad idea to load up your cash.

You could save for a house. You know, save money? Cars aren't good investments. But hey, if you want an M3, get one. Only live once. Just saying you may regret it in 5 years.

But if you do get one, get a certified pre-owned and be prepared for very hefty service charges.

How long are you going to be in the Military?

It's never a bad idea to load up your cash.

You could save for a house. You know, save money? Cars aren't good investments. But hey, if you want an M3, get one. Only live once. Just saying you may regret it in 5 years.

But if you do get one, get a certified pre-owned and be prepared for very hefty service charges.

I think with BMW certified pre-owned you don't pay for anything when you take it in for service. I think they cover everything up to 100k miles. I can't remember though.

so you like to frustrate people by acting dumb? :silly:

ok, agree to disagree. enough of me hijacking this thread.

good luck with whatever you decide dude. :cheers:

Dumb? You seem to be a clear example of the problem with modern medicine: survival of the fittest cant take place and idiots like you are able to flourish.

If you really think a Chrysler 300 could sniff a BMW (let alone the M3) you have much larger problems which I would advise you to go see a doctor about.

Oh and loyalty? Loyalty to what? This is precisely the problem with our country today, we need to bailout and help out garbage companies solely because they are "American." I though America was built upon free market ideals; you build a ****ty product (see Detroit) and you will go out of business.

Dumb? You seem to be a clear example of the problem with modern medicine: survival of the fittest cant take place and idiots like you are able to flourish.

If you really think a Chrysler 300 could sniff a BMW (let alone the M3) you have much larger problems which I would advise you to go see a doctor about.

Oh and loyalty? Loyalty to what? This is precisely the problem with our country today, we need to bailout and help out garbage companies solely because they are "American." I though America was built upon free market ideals; you build a ****ty product (see Detroit) and you will go out of business.

I don't think you got that context correct there bud.

I don't think you got that context correct there bud.

whats funny here is he went ON AND ON with his post and didnt realize that the joke was between me and someoene else and we both got it.

I dont understand what you mean

I mean his "dumb" comment was not about anything to do with which cars are better. It was about the person he was responding to intentionally using "your" instead of "you're."

Read over it again to see what I mean. No need for hostile posts, as his was not one.

edit: crap it's too late!

I mean his "dumb" comment was not about anything to do with which cars are better. It was about the person he was responding to intentionally using "your" instead of "you're."

Read over it again to see what I mean. Not need for hostile posts, as his was not one.

edit: crap it's too late!

HA! nice save though :cheers:

Read over it again to see what I mean. Not need for hostile posts, as his was not one.

I know what his dumb comment was about. I simply used that one because I didnt want to comment on all of his replies. I used his "dumb" comment to turn it around on him and show how he was dumb. Is this too hard to understand?

I know what his dumb comment was about. I simply used that one because I didnt want to comment on all of his replies. I used his "dumb" comment to turn it around on him and show how he was dumb. Is this too hard to understand?

seriously man, nobody cares if you liked my opinion or not. and this over the top "im going to prove he is dumb" **** is doing the exact opposite of what you are intending to try and do.

I think you need to take it easy. Nobody is being a jerk here but you.

Archived