Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eben Britton

method man

No one has mentioned this guy. He is a junior who recently put his name into the draft pool. He is a guy who can play both LT and RT who will go in the late teens/early 20s. His weakness is that he is a bit raw, because draft pundits say had he entered next year, he wold be a top 10 pick. BJ Raji is #1 on my draft board, the last of the Big 4 is at #2, and Britton is at #3. We don't necessarily have to take him either. If the Big 4 are all gone by #13, then Britton is the last star tackle prospect left in the draft (given Ciron Black doesn't enter as well), so one of the LT-needy teams would trade significant assets up to get him.

No one has mentioned this guy. He is a junior who recently put his name into the draft pool. He is a guy who can play both LT and RT who will go in the late teens/early 20s. His weakness is that he is a bit raw, because draft pundits say had he entered next year, he wold be a top 10 pick. BJ Raji is #1 on my draft board, the last of the Big 4 is at #2, and Britton is at #3. We don't necessarily have to take him either. If the Big 4 are all gone by #13, then Britton is the last star tackle prospect left in the draft (given Ciron Black doesn't enter as well), so one of the LT-needy teams would trade significant assets up to get him.

I think if the big 4 are gone, I'd like to see us trade down and try to get Duke Robinson late in the 1st and look toward a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd (with whatever our next pick is through the trade) because at that point we may as well take the elite guard since the elite tackles will be off the board.

Someone also mentioned taking Aaron Curry at #13. We know he'd be an immediate impact player for sure and we probably need help at OLB, but I think I'd opt for a trade-down and go after Duke....assuming Vinny doesn't take Taylor Mays or Michael Crabtree with our #13 lol.

I'd be more than happy with this pick, but I do not think we need to get our O-lineman in Round 1. Doesn't mean we shouldn't draft an O-lineman in Round 1, but we hardly need to do so. If, for instance, Aaron Curry is sitting there at #13 (which I doubt), I would likely send that card up to Goodell in about 30 seconds.

Does anyone honestly believe that we will take an offensive lineman with our 13th pick? I just dont see the front office doing that, unless we release Jansen, which in that case it seems like they would slide Heyer in at that spot, and we still have Samuels. I just dont see them drafting an offensive lineman that high this year. I wouldnt mind getting a stud lineman but I just dont see them doing it.

Does anyone honestly believe that we will take an offensive lineman with our 13th pick? I just dont see the front office doing that, unless we release Jansen, which in that case it seems like they would slide Heyer in at that spot, and we still have Samuels. I just dont see them drafting an offensive lineman that high this year. I wouldnt mind getting a stud lineman but I just dont see them doing it.

Do I honestly believe they will? I dunno. I honestly believe they might. I honestly would prefer they trade down like they did last year, but if a surprise stud is sitting there at #13 and he's not a WR, TE, defensive back, QB, or RB, I think we'd think long and hard about pouncing.

Guys got to remember, FA comes first. You never know, VC could sign Gross and another decent Olineman. Then an OL at 13 would not be a priority. It would be DT most likely that can give us push up the middle. Also i am one of those who if Crabtree was on the board, i would not mind taking him, too much value to pass up, or get a HELL OF A DEAL from another team to trade down that is desperate for Crabtree.

Guys got to remember, FA comes first. You never know, VC could sign Gross and another decent Olineman. Then an OL at 13 would not be a priority. It would be DT most likely that can give us push up the middle. Also i am one of those who if Crabtree was on the board, i would not mind taking him, too much value to pass up, or get a HELL OF A DEAL from another team to trade down that is desperate for Crabtree.

That may be. I think certain teams like KC or Detroit will try and sign Gross as well so they can be free to draft the QB they want in the early first round. Since it is more valuable for them to go this way, the teams will go further to get gross than we will.

It is more likely that Gross will sign elsewhere and that will increase the liklihood that OLT will fall to us.

How do we not? Think about it: Vinny Ceratto's job hinges on whether or not our offense improves by a significant margin next year. The only opportunity for us to improve the offense through the draft is by taking an offensive lineman with our first pick, who could start from day 1. Undoubtedly, the brass at Redskins Park figures that if we could improve our offense to match our #4 defense, we will win more than the 8 games that we won this year. And considering that we have the oldest offensive line in the league, without a starter younger than 31, it makes the most sense short-term and long-term to take a stud lineman who could (theoretically) start for the next 10 years.

I'd be more than happy with this pick, but I do not think we need to get our O-lineman in Round 1. Doesn't mean we shouldn't draft an O-lineman in Round 1, but we hardly need to do so. If, for instance, Aaron Curry is sitting there at #13 (which I doubt), I would likely send that card up to Goodell in about 30 seconds.

:doh: After all these years of mediocrity anyone who's still thinking about building a team from the defensive/offensive backfield forward and not the other way around would have to be out of his ever lovin' mind. If for some reason Curry is sitting there at #13 the best way he could help our team would be by bringing us more draft picks via a trade down.

For our sake I hope Curry doesn't fall to #13 because I think Snyderatto would probably be dumb enough to follow your advice. Don't get me wrong. Curry is a stud and we do have an obvious need at LB. However, we simply have to prioritize our needs. Decent LBs can be had later in the draft and as good as Curry will probably be, our needs on the OL and DL (in that order) trump our need for a LB by a wide margin.

How do we not? Think about it: Vinny Ceratto's

That's how. We NEED to build the OL. More than anything else. So naturally, some player like Taylor Mays or Aaron Curry will be available at #13, and we'll take him. I'd like Curry because he too would adress a need, but far and away, our biggest need is at OL.

Archived