Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dont forget about FRA

flock53

If we have a solid front four, we wouldn't need to freaking blitz as much.

Its more about system then defensive line. In fact, it probably has VERY little to do with the quality of the line. I would say you can give put any front four in the NFL playing under Blache and I'd bet we'd be disappointed with the defensive line's performance. You need to look at Blache's history, when the total number of sacks is good, half or more will NOT come from the d-line and several others will come from non-starting d-linemen. Last season, the 19 we generated from the d-line falls within a good number for a Blache-led defensive line.

Its more about system then defensive line. In fact, it probably has VERY little to do with the quality of the line. I would say you can give put any front four in the NFL playing under Blache and I'd bet we'd be disappointed with the defensive line's performance. You need to look at Blache's history, when the total number of sacks is good, half or more will NOT come from the d-line and several others will come from non-starting d-linemen. Last season, the 19 we generated from the d-line falls within a good number for a Blache-led defensive line.

That is b/c he may send a disquised blitzer who typically comes untouched. But I gaurantee if you put the Giants or Titans dline in Blaches system, we would still generate more than 19 sacks from the line.

Actually, we are in the top five in the NFL at blitzing 5 or more people.
We are among the most blitz-happy teams in the NFL and you want to blitz more?

People keep saying this but I can't find any stats on it. Do either of you have a link?

Just from watching the games, it appears that we blitz a lot less than NYG, PHI, Pittsburgh and a lot of other teams that get a lot of pressure.

I tend to notice a lot more 4-man rushes from us, again any stats would be greatly appreciated.

I would not assume that. He has had a great year, but he was awful last year and caught a lot of backlash for it. Living in Panther country, that is still in the back of people's minds and there is some debate over how much they should commit to him.

I am sure they will offer him a substantial contract, but he will be able to make more elsewhere. There were even a good amount of people questioning him after having a great game at Oakland earlier this year, and whether he was trying to showcase himself. He is going to have to make a decision about whether he wants to stay home or follow the cash.

That being said, I don't want him for the Skins. He has been a great player, but he has disapeared at times the last few years and I just have a bad feeling about what may happen once he gets what might be that last big money contract. Maybe I am wrong, but despite his numbers this year, he does have a fair number of critics here in Charlotte.

I don't really want Gross either. I think he is a tad overrated, and he is probably going to get overpaid. We don't need to be the ones to do that this time.

Peppers will be back next season for the panthers. And they won't have to franchise him to do so. Gross will be back next season because they will franchise him, and then he will be on the decline of his career.

Like said before, Peppers has always loved Carolina and is a good guy. I'd be more than willing to bet he'd take a small pay cut to stay there.

Don't forget about FRA? France?

Forward Rate Agreement? :whoknows:

Federal Railroad Administration? :whoknows:

Federal Reimbursement Allowance? :whoknows:

Fiscal Responsibility Act? :whoknows:

Full Retirement Age? :whoknows:

Frequency Response Analysis? :whoknows:

Future Rockstars of America? :whoknows:

Nobody is "loyal" anymore. Teams to players and vise vera. Snyder $$$ can go a long way in making up ones mind. I dont know why certain posters are so hell bent on building strictly though the draft? It takes years normally to coach up some players regardless of position. WE ARE NOT REBUILDING, the Chiefs are, thats why they traded Allen and then down to aquire more picks. Thats fine when youre scrapping the whole thing and starting over. IMO Peppers is the same guy that is real productive throughout a career ala B.Smith, R.White and even Taylor. We ONLY signed him because of our injury situation in camp, IT WAS A REACH, one worth takink at the time, alas it blew up in our faces AGAIN. This cant make you "gunshy" as a FO, not if you want to win.

Archived