Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell compared to Flacco

BrandonJ83

Chad played in a similar system to what he had in New York this season, so there wasn't a steep learning curve for him to accrue.

Let's look at the stats on Favre versus Jason

Favre 522 attempts 343 completions 3472 yards 22 TD 22 Picks 65.7%

Campbell 506 attempts, 315 completions, 3,245 yards 13 TD 6 Picks 62.3%

Statistically ver similar except for TD Passes and Picks, Campbell has a 2-1 TD/ Int ratio, Favre will throw a pick for every TD.

Now let's look at QB rating

Favre: 81.0

Campbell: 84.3

The problem with a guy like Favre is that ESPN will be all over his jock for being a gunslinger and fun to watch, but he alienated his team this year and personally lost at least 2-3 games for the Jets. Furthermore he collapsed under the pressure of the last three games with 2 TD's and 7 INT's.

Yes I know you'll come back and tell me that TD passes are all that matters, however I'd rather have JC with 220 YPG and 1-2 TD a game because that means we're playing with the lead and tearing it up on the ground. Besides take away the Arizona game and Favre has 16 TD and 21 Picks Take away JC's best game and he has 12 TD's to 6 picks.

In short I'd rather have a constitant QB who with an O-Line in front of him can make plays when needed and not kill our chances that day

Wait so Campbells best game was a 1 TD game? I don't think so. Jasons best game was the 1st one against Dallas when he had 2 TD's and then he had another 2 TD game against Arizona as well.

The problem with Jason is that he had 5 games with no TD's and although I get your point we are not a team like the Ravens with a Defense that can carry us to wins every week. We need production from the QB. Jason doesn't produce. There is a fine line between risk takers like Farve and Romo sits to pee who will throw a ton of TD's and a ton of INT's and guys that play much more conservative. I want our QB to protect the football as well as you do but we need more production from the QB then what were getting from Jason

Who cares? All that means is we would have had a draft pick in the 17-20 area...

great teams don't rely on kickers to bail out their offense on every possession.

With our D it is not unreasonable to expect 16-17 ppg to enough to win, but how many times did one of the following happen, which I'm sure will be blamed on JC

1. Drive Killing Holding Penalty (Usually on Rabach)

2. Drive Killing false start (anyone at that point and that comes back to coaching)

3. Dropped pass by Moss or Randle El?

4. Sack for 8-10 yard loss while Jansen backpeddals to our own end zone?

If we had a Kicker we could have gotten some of those points that we desperately needed I think that JC had his problems but there was bad playcalling (Bubble Screens on 3rd and way too long) a horrible O-Line and stone handed receivers. Finally a Kicker makes good teams better

How many times do you think Philthy was bailed out by Akers, or New England and Indy by Vinitieri, or SD by Kaeding, or Baltimore with Joe Flacco by Stover?

Wait so Campbells best game was a 1 TD game? I don't think so. Jasons best game was the 1st one against Dallas when he had 2 TD's and then he had another 2 TD game against Arizona as well.

The problem with Jason is that he had 5 games with no TD's and although I get your point we are not a team like the Ravens with a Defense that can carry us to wins every week. We need production from the QB. Jason doesn't produce. There is a fine line between risk takers like Farve and Romo sits to pee who will throw a ton of TD's and a ton of INT's and guys that play much more conservative. I want our QB to protect the football as well as you do but we need more production from the QB then what were getting from Jason

Statistically in terms of yardage, it was hard because JC does stay medium sometimes. I think if Colt outplays Jason thats fine, if he doesn't then what? Do we break the back for Cassell? A lot of this conservative stuff has been on the playcalling as well. QB is the most visible spot on the fireld but the talent level around a QB is bad replacing the QB won't neccessarily solve the problem.

FYI: Cassell will be franchised

With our D it is not unreasonable to expect 16-17 ppg to enough to win, but how many times did one of the following happen, which I'm sure will be blamed on JC

2. Drive Killing false start (anyone at that point and that comes back to coaching)

If we had a Kicker we could have gotten some of those points that we desperately needed I think that JC had his problems but there was bad playcalling (Bubble Screens on 3rd and way too long) a horrible O-Line and stone handed receivers. Finally a Kicker makes good teams better

How many times do you think Philthy was bailed out by Akers, or New England and Indy by Vinitieri, or SD by Kaeding, or Baltimore with Joe Flacco by Stover?

you forgot to mention one thing...All of those teams have much better offenses than us(except baltimore).

We'd be one and done in the playoffs if we some how managed to sneak in...I'd rather have a higher draft pick so we can start to improve this team as opposed to continuing to be mediocre.

I disagree, our Defense was bad the last half of the year. Yea they ended up 4th overall in terms of yardage but they ranked 29th in sacks, 20th in INTS, and how many times did we see the team needing one stop to get the ball back to the offense and not be able to stop anyone? Our defense let us down as much as the offense did.

Statistically in terms of yardage, it was hard because JC does stay medium sometimes. I think if Colt outplays Jason thats fine, if he doesn't then what? Do we break the back for Cassell? A lot of this conservative stuff has been on the playcalling as well. QB is the most visible spot on the fireld but the talent level around a QB is bad replacing the QB won't neccessarily solve the problem.

FYI: Cassell will be franchised

did they announce that about Cassell? I find it shocking since they will have Brady back next year, but maybe they know some team will give them picks for him and are banking on it? Interesting...

As for the question about who our QB is, unlike most around here truthfully I don't care who is the QB or what his name is. Jason, Bacon, Colt, Bolt, or Dolt doesn't matter to me. If they can win us games and make plays I want them on the field. The only loyalty I have is to this team, not any paticular players. If the coach thinks that one guy gives him a better chance to win then I'm for that, but its time that as a team we get over the excuses and face up to the idea that Jason probably isn't the guy Gibbs thought he was and move forward. Its time that the man who has the job now produce or we should bench him. McNabb who won 5 NFC East titles this decade to our ZERO benched McNabb when he wasn't producing and it provided a spark for them. Why not us?

And who is in the playoff game?

Edit: And you do realize he is a rookie and this is his first year on top of that.

You are comparing him with someone who has been in the NFL for over 4 years. :doh:

They have a team that gets sacks and MANY of turnovers. Which gives their offense plenty of chances to put more points on the board and win games. No comparison IMO. Our sack leader had 4 sacks? Definitely no comparison. Although we do have a great defense to have no defensive line, and barely any turnovers. Once again, I'm not degrading our defense, but there's been plenty of turnover opportunities we've had easily, and couldn't take advantage of it. I "think" Ed Reed has more int's than our defense combined, and that's just Ed Reed.

Because Flacco should not be getting ALL of the credit of offensive production. You don't want to discuss the role of McClain because he doesn't fricking matter. It's ALL Flacco, nothing else matters. That's why you don't want to discuss 'hypotheticals'.

Haha. Your entire argument is based on if something didn't happen. Their running game and defense plays a big role, but did Kyle Boller or Troy Smith lead them to a 11-5 record last year?

Did they have Cam Cameron or Leron McClain in their current roles? They helped create the better offense, along with Flacco. Since we're talking about their offense, and not just their quarterback, it would be nice that you brain registers which subject you're actually talking about. Take out one of the pieces, and you can expect the product to be not as good.

I don't understand how people can defend JC. Look, he just doesn't have "it." By "it," I mean leadership, the ability to put the team on his shoulders, play-making ability to keep drives alive, and just a general confidence that a fan/player/coach has in him.

I love the guy. I love his diligence in the off-season, and I desperately want to see him succeed. However, ask yourself one question: can he win a Super Bowl? And don't create circumstances to help him along. Ask yourself if he can elevate the team to such a level that he can overcome a poor offensive line and poor receivers. I don't think the answer is yes.

Because Flacco should not be getting ALL of the credit of offensive production. You don't want to discuss the role of McClain because he doesn't fricking matter. It's ALL Flacco, nothing else matters. That's why you don't want to discuss 'hypotheticals'.

you really can't be trying to say that McClain > Portis....

seriously?....

Jason Campbell can not throw deep because he NEVER has time to throw deep. Santana Moss and Cooley are always covered because we have no one else. We must dink and dunk because we have one of the oldest O'lines in the league that make CLINTON PORTIS look pedestrian in the second half of the season. Is it Clinton Portis fault that he was playing subparly in the second half of the season? If you blame Campbell then you should also be blaming Portis... L2NFL

you really can't be trying to say that McClain > Portis....

seriously?....

How the hell did you draw THAT conclusion?

The answer is no, but he's part of Flacco's success. Football's a team game, especially since it's known that Baltimore uses the play action alot. Flacco's not under that much pressure, since he has such a good defense and a running game sharing the load. McClain can play the role of closer, and every offense needs one of those.

Also, I want a good answer on how did you draw that conclusion.

did they announce that about Cassell? I find it shocking since they will have Brady back next year, but maybe they know some team will give them picks for him and are banking on it? Interesting...

As for the question about who our QB is, unlike most around here truthfully I don't care who is the QB or what his name is. Jason, Bacon, Colt, Bolt, or Dolt doesn't matter to me. If they can win us games and make plays I want them on the field. The only loyalty I have is to this team, not any paticular players. If the coach thinks that one guy gives him a better chance to win then I'm for that, but its time that as a team we get over the excuses and face up to the idea that Jason probably isn't the guy Gibbs thought he was and move forward. Its time that the man who has the job now produce or we should bench him. McNabb who won 5 NFC East titles this decade to our ZERO benched McNabb when he wasn't producing and it provided a spark for them. Why not us?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3809444

That's the Cassell story, I think that they are banking ongetting some team to give them picks for Cassell. I don't want to be the team that does in this situation.

As for Jason. I think he does give us the best chance to win right now, plus we have too many holes to fill on our line and with our Linebackers to try to replace him with some FA who will want top dollar or burn a pick on the 3rd best QB in this year's draft class. I think that everything regressed this year, Portis went from 5.4 YPC to 3.8 YPC, our Defense did give up in crucial siturations, but that can be fixed with a stud DT and maybe a replacement for Washington.

Archived