Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell compared to Flacco

BrandonJ83

I was just watching the Baltimore-Miami game and I seen Joe Flacco's stats. He hasn't even thrown for 3000 yards and has 14 TDs and 12 Ints yet it seems like everybody you hear talks about how great he is and how he's lead this team.

Look at Jason Campbell, 3245 yds,13 Tds and 6 ints and only 1 fumble lost. I think that Jason Campbell gives this team a great chance of winning by protecting the ball only he is on his back or on the move when trying to pass. I mean I know there could be someone who is better at moving the ball down field or throwing deep but I just think it could be a whole lot worse. As most of us think we need a re-vamped O-line and a solid #2 reciever to help Moss and Cooley and I think Campbell will be a solid starter who doesn't turn the ball over and will be good for years to come.

I think Campbell is as good as Mark Rypien he just doesn't have Monk, Clark,Ricky Sanders and the HOGS!!

Brandon :cheers:

And who is in the playoff game?

Edit: And you do realize he is a rookie and this is his first year on top of that.

You are comparing him with someone who has been in the NFL for over 4 years. :doh:

Why do people confuse being in the league with starting??? Campbell's been a starter for 2.5 years, but is a "rookie" in terms of learning a completely new system. There's a huge difference between Gibbs' run like crazy style and Zorn's pass happy offense.

Flacco and Ryan both upstaged Campbell to an extent, but all 3 were in year 1 of their perspective offenses.

Why do people confuse being in the league with starting??? Campbell's been a starter for 2.5 years, but is a "rookie" in terms of learning a completely new system. There's a huge difference between Gibbs' run like crazy style and Zorn's pass happy offense.

Flacco and Ryan both upstaged Campbell to an extent, but all 3 were in year 1 of their perspective offenses.

you are still developing as a QB when you are sitting on the bench....

He has been in the league 4 years. Period.

:rolleyes:

Is this your excuse number 4857984 for JC?

So that means Brett F. was also a "rookie" this year too then by your standards or how about Chad P. or....nevermind :doh:

.....Look at Jason Campbell, 3245 yds,13 Tds and 6 ints and only 1 fumble lost. I think that Jason Campbell gives this team a great chance of winning by protecting the ball.....
Protecting the Ball?.......hahahahahahahahahahaha

I think Flaco gives his team a BETTER chance at WINNING games by throwing Great

I just saw Flaco throw a sideline out that was stellar

JC ever do that?

"Protecting the Ball" = Protecting JCs only good stat....INTs

JC ever do that?

Flacco also had plenty of time on that throw.

JC ever do that?

Everyone knows how much you hate Campbell, so please stop pretending like he's never made great passes. You just sound ignorant now.

And who is in the playoff game?

Edit: And you do realize he is a rookie and this is his first year on top of that.

You are comparing him with someone who has been in the NFL for over 4 years. :doh:

Honestly, who had the better team around him?

Flacco had a good O-Line, a Turnover creating Defense and a rushing attack that didn't peter out mid-season

Jason had a brittle O-Line, with Jansen trying to get him killed, a pass-rush that was anemic at best and Taylor should stick to dancing and a rushing attack that averaged 3.8 YPC in the second half of the season.

Bottom Line

Ravens O-Line > Redskins O-Line

Suggs > Jason tap dancing Taylor

Flacco had the better team around him this season and more importantly better lines

That's the most idiotic comparison I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Favre has been in the league for damn near 20 seasons.

:dunce:

You are the one who is the idiot who can't even stand behind what he says:

"but is a "rookie" in terms of learning a completely new system."

Did Brett learn a new system this year - YES. Did Chad learn a new system this year - YES.

:dunce: Put this on your head and go just sit next to JC if that makes you smarter.

Flacco isn't great but he is effective and has done well with the crappy receiving group he has in Baltimore. Derrick Mason is good but Heaps blah and the other WR's are too inconsistent. For what he has to work with Flacco has done well.

Each QB is in a unique situation and asked to perform differently. If you put Jason on the Ravens I bet his stats would be the same as Flacco because Baltimore is a run first team and not a passing team. The stats don't mean much

Archived