Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell compared to Flacco

BrandonJ83

In my opinion everybody is talkink about JC just because it's much easier to think that changing a single guy the team will get better...

It's what we dall in Italy waith for the mage to solve the problem with a magic wand...

Well there is not magic wand in sports... We must build trought draf and FA bulding a good offensive line. We have 2 young good wide recivers, a Young TE, Santana and a dominating TE as Cooley.

Let's bulid a good offensvie line and the work is done, and if it's not then well' just need a new QB ;)

Awesome signature and good post :cheers:

Let's bulid a good offensvie line and the work is done, and if it's not then well' just need a new QB ;)
Amico, there is a serious flaw in your theory. If Campbell does not improve, his lovers will always blame the line. No matter how good it is. They have made their bed with "Campbell is a good QB", end of story.

Amico, there is a serious flaw in your theory. If Campbell does not improve, his lovers will always blame the line. No matter how good it is. They have made their bed with "Campbell is a good QB", end of story.

Simply not true. JC has not had the benefit of a good offensive line. His first year as starter, we lost Jansen, and Thomas within the first few games. And we had A new guy (Kendall) in place of Dockery. This left us with offensive line stand outs like Todd Wade and Jason Fabini.

The REAL "truth" is that (as I have stated many times) JC is still an unknown. We have replaced every single position on this team except memebers on the O-line. And what were the results?

So you think that replaceing JC with another unproven QB will make a difference behind this line. We have tried that... how many times? Since JC, we have had Brunell, Ramsey, Weurful, Banks and Johnson. Gues what was the common denominator here. We have the same offensive personel throughout all those years sans a plugin or three. ANd each an every yera, they have gotten a little older, a little slower, a little less durable. You dont hitnk there is a direct coorelation between the performance of a QB and the skill of the wall protecting him?

Simply not true. JC has not had the benefit of a good offensive line. His first year as starter, we lost Jansen, and Thomas within the first few games. And we had A new guy (Kendall) in place of Dockery. This left us with offensive line stand outs like Todd Wade and Jason Fabini.

The REAL "truth" is that (as I have stated many times) JC is still an unknown.

Your "truth", not mine. I know him. Seen 2 seasons of the same ole, same ole. Saw Collins come in and get sacked at the same rate, but his passer rating was 30 points higher.

2 questions.

Since you admit Jason cannot perform up to standard with a suspect o-line.

1. What makes you so sure he can perform with a decent one?

2. What makes you so sure the Skins will ever have a decent one?

Your "truth", not mine. I know him. Seen 2 seasons of the same ole, same ole. Saw Collins come in and get sacked at the same rate, but his passer rating was 30 points higher.

2 questions.

I have to add another one.

3. What makes you so sure JC isn't making the line look worse? A certain career backup made 07's patchwork line look pretty good.

2 questions.

We all saw what Collins was made of when he actually met a pressure defense.

FYI... name a few perrenial probowl QB's... or even "standard" ones that "can" behind a suspect line. BTW... our line is not "suspect". It's downright awful is pass protection.

Answer to question 1 is obvious. He played very well during our 6-2 start when he had protection.

Answer to question 2 is not. I dont know that. WHat I do know is that as long as the Skins do not have good players in the trenches, we will never be a perrenial contender.

I have to add another one.

3. What makes you so sure JC isn't making the line look worse? A certain career backup made 07's patchwork line look pretty good.

Also for you... please explain how a QB can make thir line look worse than they are when pressure is coming right at you on a 3 step drop.

BS:bsflag:

I said the same thing that I do now. Ramsey would have had a MUCH better shot, if we had a decent offensive line. This has been talked about adnauseum (sp)...

Think of it this way, we have been mediocre for the better part of a decade right? Check. We have tried shaking up EVERY single position (QB, RB, WR, TE, FB, DE, DT, SS, FS, CB, LB) on the team EXCEPT the offensive line and people like yourself STILL think thats not the problem.

Well here is a thought.... lets try to get a top 10 offensive line, and then judge the skill players

Wrong I have said from day 1 to build the line, [check out my draft post] but that line is not the reason JC is as bad as he is, case and point Big Ben, his line is no better than ours, neither are his receivers and he continues to make plays. Just another big fat excuse for JC. Yes I would replace every lineman we have except for Samuels, but if you think we are going any where with JC your sadly mistaken. Wait for the pre season if Colt gets a semi legitimate shot at the QB job it's all over for JC.

I think what will happen is this Colt will greatly out play JC in the pre season, but JC will be given the start, and it wont be long before he falls on his face and Colt will step in and never look back, at least in JC's direction. Mark it down.

Yeah... they looked great in the playoffs.

How many teams go into Seattle and win the previous 3 seasons? Fact is Collins went into the worst place to play for an opposing team because of the crowd noise, and had us in the lead with 6 minutes to go. And this all predicated that JC if healthy would have done any thing in that game. Collins out played him in the regular season any one with 2 eyes could see a huge difference in our offense from the first play Collins ran, the offense became functional. Stay on the JC band wagon as long as you like but those wheels are coming off in a hurry.

Wrong I have said from day 1 to build the line' date=' [check out my draft post'] but that line is not the reason JC is as bad as he is, case and point Big Ben, his line is no better than ours, neither are his receivers and he continues to make plays. Just another big fat excuse for JC. Yes I would replace every lineman we have except for Samuels, but if you think we are going any where with JC your sadly mistaken. Wait for the pre season if Colt gets a semi legitimate shot at the QB job it's all over for JC.

I think what will happen is this Colt will greatly out play JC in the pre season, but JC will be given the start, and it wont be long before he falls on his face and Colt will step in and never look back, at least in JC's direction. Mark it down.

Marked!

How many teams go into Seattle and win the previous 3 seasons? Fact is Collins went into the worst place to play for an opposing team because of the crowd noise' date=' and had us in the lead with 6 minutes to go. And this all predicated that JC if healthy would have done any thing in that game. Collins out played him in the regular season any one with 2 eyes could see a huge difference in our offense from the first play Collins ran, the offense became functional. Stay on the JC band wagon as long as you like but those wheels are coming off in a hurry.[/quote']

But... but... you said we cant use excuses. Any QB worth theri salt could have carried their team to another win. Place or a little noise should not bother them.

BTW, Just for examle, JC did the same thing IN Dallas two years in a row. Fought crowd noise in a hostile place. Had the lead. then was lost by the crappy D play... brought us to the brink and and threw one bad pass. The he helped us win one the beginning of this year. When was the last time we even competed in Dallas? Point?

Archived