Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Could Have Been....(HC related)

PalmettoRedskin

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

What if Joe Gibbs had retired after this season instead of last?

Here are a list of potential HC candidates.....................

Bill Cowher

Mike Shanahan

Eric Mangini

Mike Holmgren

Steve Spagnuolo

Leslie Frazier

Rex Ryan

Jim Schwartz

Jeff Davidson(Panthers OC)

Josh McDaniels

Jerry Gray

Todd Bowles(Dolphins DB coach and former 'Skin)

I would like to see Danny go after Vikings DC Leslie Frazier.

Considered by most insiders to be the top minority head-coaching candidate, Frazier has earned strong reviews for the job he’s done this season in his second year as the Vikings’ defensive coordinator, overseeing a unit ranked first against the run and sixth overall. He was interviewed by Bill Parcells for the Dolphins’ opening last season and has an impressive winning pedigree.

Who would you guys go after?

Rex Ryan or Schwartz.

Both would bring some real fire to the team and especially the defense. Not to mention they'd emphasize the importance of QB pressure and developing a nasty d-line.

Just absolutely no to Shanahan. Shanahan is very average without the combo of Elway and Terrell Davis.

I would love to have Shanahan's offensive system paired with the experienced and innovative defensive schemes of Greg Blache. What a tandem that could potentially be. I only wish we could demote Zorn back where he belongs, and make him QB coach under Shanahan.

I would love to have Shanahan's offensive system paired with the experienced and innovative defensive schemes of Greg Blache. What a tandem that could potentially be. I only wish we could demote Zorn back where he belongs, and make him QB coach under Shanahan.

Yup I agree. I think our offensive line problems would get fixed in that situation.

Shanahan would probably bring out the best in Clinton Portis and really help Campbell.

Who signed Jim Zorn before we could get him? I honestly wasn't pulling for any of these guys during the search. It took so long that I abandoned Gregg and just wanted it all to be over with. There was a candidate I was completely against and that was Bill Cowher. I still am very much against that idea so you can go ahead and add Holmgren and Shanahan to the list as well.

Fassel and Mariuci are still available too, where did they end up in your hypothetical universe? I really thought we had signed Fassel at one point and after all the mass hysteria subsided, was prepared to give him a shot although I would not have given him even a fraction of the immense patience I have granted to Zorn.

Every single person on your list was available last year save for Shanahan, Holmgren and Mangini.

Danny couldn't attract interest in any of them.

Nobody who has an option would come here to work under the Danny and Vinny show so I wouldn't get too worked up over who is out there because none of the "name" candidates are going to be coming here anyway with the FO setup we've got.

Rex Ryan or Schwartz.

Both would bring some real fire to the team and especially the defense. Not to mention they'd emphasize the importance of QB pressure and developing a nasty d-line.

Just absolutely no to Shanahan. Shanahan is very average without the combo of Elway and Terrell Davis.

My thoughts exactly. Schwartz will be a good coach in the NFL. :applause:

Archived